Thread: Tesco - Rip off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Thats why I prefer to buy groceries online, find it much easier to keep to a budget. It's easy to miss the Philippines supermarkets like Robinsons where you can buy all the fruit, veg and meat in the exact quantities that you want over counters at good prices, unlike the prepacked expensive stuff here. It's better when Marvie goes to the market.
    yep so true....and i also prefer to really cook fresh stuff...i Was really shock to see that chicken breasts are so expensive,,,hehehe,,,Ma man's fave is ma curry so i pretty much use loads of chicken breasts...

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbee View Post
    yep so true....and i also prefer to really cook fresh stuff...i Was really shock to see that chicken breasts are so expensive,,,hehehe,,,Ma man's fave is ma curry so i pretty much use loads of chicken breasts...
    That's why I bought a tray of 24 fresh large chicken breasts for only £18 from Smithfields meat market in London.

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    That's why I bought a tray of 24 fresh large chicken breasts for only £18 from Smithfields meat market in London.
    really????oh the nxt time i go there Wanted to go to billinsgate Where i could buy loads of seafoods!!!have to Wake up early though as i Want it fresh and they open like 4 am to jst 8 am,,i dnt Wanna be late n get the bad stuff hehehe,more cheaper as Well..imangine the big crab costs 3 pounds and in tesco's 8....rip off!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    You have to watch out for added "fresh water"
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    i've had a few chicken breasts swim out the oven lately

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Fresh water ... sorry but thats not what they use...."Some of the processing companies also used beef and pork proteins to hold in the water."
    "Manufacturers have also been criticised for adding hydrolysed chicken protein, which is extracted from parts of the bird not used for food, such as skin, bone, and feathers. "
    Mmmmmm tasty

Thread Information