Thread: Manslaughter My Ass

Manslaughter My Ass

Keith - Administrator

Banned
    shocking how many murders get downgraded to manslaughter diminished responsibility, whats that all about

Banned
    Let's hope she gets regular brutal beatings from the other convicts in jail

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    Let's hope she gets regular brutal beatings from the other convicts in jail
    Won't happen, as they'll be segregated as part of the Health & Safety and Human Rights
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Accepting a plea to manslaughter is one thing but the maximum penalty for manslaughter is life imprisonment, however, I bet the sentence will be far below life.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Won't happen, as they'll be segregated as part of the Health & Safety and Human Rights
    Shame - in that case perhaps a considerate warder will leave a 10 foot length of rope with a neatly tied noose in her cell

Its also a shame that 23 kids die every minuit from starvation Im sure there mums would welcome a life sentence here or to have there kids taken into care
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

How much do you all know about her life, her upbringing, her mental health, anything at all really.

You guys really should not be too quick to deal out death and judgement. You would all of you cast away the lives of others rather than live your own. I know how it works; just like at school, you spot the weirdo and bully them collectively to make yourself part of the In-crowd. As Peter Gabriel said, "How can we be in, if there is no outside"

One misplaced roller skate and you could fall in the street and be a changed person - one day it could be you.

Winston Churchill said, if you want to see how civilised a nation is look at how they treat their prisoners.

Oh, and before you say it - I know all about losing people to violence and being a victim of violence - so I do have the right to say.
    "In the dimestores and bus stations people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall" BOB DYLAN

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    How much do you all know about her life, her upbringing, her mental health, anything at all really.

You guys really should not be too quick to deal out death and judgement. You would all of you cast away the lives of others rather than live your own. I know how it works; just like at school, you spot the weirdo and bully them collectively to make yourself part of the In-crowd. As Peter Gabriel said, "How can we be in, if there is no outside"

One misplaced roller skate and you could fall in the street and be a changed person - one day it could be you.

Winston Churchill said, if you want to see how civilised a nation is look at how they treat their prisoners.

Oh, and before you say it - I know all about losing people to violence and being a victim of violence - so I do have the right to say.
    Keith - Administrator

The house was well-stocked with food, but this was kept locked away out of the reach of Khyra and five other children in the care of the defendants.

the mother and her b/f had the capacity to fit a lock to the fridge and keep it locked full of food - so i find it hard to believe even with her suffering depression that she didn't know her kids were straving to death

and care to think about the innocent victim, a 7 year old girl straving to death

well she was able to feed herself I take it

I cannot agree with what you say there is no excuse whatsoever for what she alllowed to happen it's undefendable.

Respected Member
    Just heard the woman got sentenced to 15 years. If she had to serve that it would be one thing, but with successive governments always seeking ways to release prisoners earlier and earlier, I guess she will not serve anywhere near that time.

The maximum sentence for manslaughter is life, so how much worse would the crime need to be the see that sentence passed? Sorry this is rhetorical question.

She gets 15, the guy gets 7.5 ... and they are both responsible for the same kid starving to death
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    The house was well-stocked with food, but this was kept locked away out of the reach of Khyra and five other children in the care of the defendants.

the mother and her b/f had the capacity to fit a lock to the fridge and keep it locked full of food - so i find it hard to believe even with her suffering depression that she didn't know her kids were straving to death

and care to think about the innocent victim, a 7 year old girl straving to death
    I do not excuse her, I am criticising the mindset of people that grabs newspaper headlines to make themselves feel normal and decent by ranting about others.

I have worked in the probation service for many years. I have met a woman who killed and ate her children, (Get your head around that)

When you have digested and understood the last sentence, ask yourself why you never saw it on the news or read it in the papers.
    "In the dimestores and bus stations people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall" BOB DYLAN

I do not excuse her, I am criticising the mindset of people that grabs newspaper headlines to make themselves feel normal and decent by ranting about others.

I have worked in the probation service for many years. I have met a woman who killed and ate her children, (Get your head around that)

When you have digested and understood the last sentence, ask yourself why you never saw it on the news or read it in the papers.
    i've lived with a drug addict for more than 20yrs who suffered from mental illness to, and even he would never have done what she did even at his worse.

she and her b/f starved a 7 year old girl to death, that didnt take hours or days but weeks, she had the capacity to buy food, lock it up and eat it herself..
    if i had killed anyone, i would expect to be locked up, whether i was sane or not.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    i've lived with a drug addict for more than 20yrs who suffered from mental illness to, and even he would never have done what she did even at his worse.

she and her b/f starved a 7 year old girl to death, that didnt take hours or days but weeks, she had the capacity to buy food, lock it up and eat it herself..
    if i had killed anyone, i would expect to be locked up, whether i was sane or not.
    Sorry, Joe, but you did not even read my post, so don't quote it as a basis for a restatement of the same old thing

Respected Member
    The maximum sentence for manslaughter is life, so how much worse would the crime need to be to see that sentence passed?

Its not the law 'per se' that is wrong its the implementation

Thread Information