Thread: illogical policy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    bless.books, I know you feel hard done by, but this is the system here. If you buy an off peak ticket, regardless of the circumstances you cannot use it to travel peak. The peak tickets are sold at a premium price. The system firstly is the way the rail companies make the profits, and prevents people who don't need to travel clogging up the system. I always book the offpeak or cheap tickets going to London, which restrict me to a specific service or off peak time, and accept that if i'm all done by 5, I have to wait till 7+ to catch a train home.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    bless.books, I know you feel hard done by, but this is the system here. If you buy an off peak ticket, regardless of the circumstances you cannot use it to travel peak. The peak tickets are sold at a premium price. The system firstly is the way the rail companies make the profits, and prevents people who don't need to travel clogging up the system. I always book the offpeak or cheap tickets going to London, which restrict me to a specific service or off peak time, and accept that if i'm all done by 5, I have to wait till 7+ to catch a train home.
    2 more hours in London sounds like heaven to me before go back to the country side
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Hello and thanks RickyR! I know that and I am responsible enough to follow the policies provided. Really no question about that. But if you think about it, it all come down to profit needless to say ONE SIDED. If this system is the most logical way, then WHY is it that other countries had not taken the same way like here if only to solve the congestion issue. Surely, when talking about 'rush hour' it is all the same anywhere in the world. I am analysing at how things are done here compared ...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bless.books View Post
    Hello and thanks RickyR! I know that and I am responsible enough to follow the policies provided. Really no question about that. But if you think about it, it all come down to profit needless to say ONE SIDED. If this system is the most logical way, then WHY is it that other countries had not taken the same way like here if only to solve the congestion issue. Surely, when talking about 'rush hour' it is all the same anywhere in the world. I am analysing at how things are done here compared ...
    I can only comment on the train line (London Liverpool Street to Norwich) that I use regularly at peak periods and I know that the trains around 5:30/6:00 in the evening are overcrowded. Hence it is totally logical that these trains are classified as running at peak times.

Thread Information