Thread: illogical policy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    Yes bless.books it is financially motivated, but thats the way of the world. The price differences between Peak and Offpeak are fantastic, and if you prebook offpeak tickets online you can get some great deals. You can even travel using megatrain across the country for as little as a pound.
    Hello RickyR! Yes, a sad reality on how they operate - something I could never come to understand.

Respected Member
    Something I can comment intelligently on at last - being a former railway person!

In fact I can understand why the OP is annoyed. Until recently OFF PEAK for travel to London on a travelcard meant deaprting your station any time after 09:30. There were few or no restrictions on returning home. The reason was simple: the morning peak is very concentrated and hard to get seats; the evening peak is more spread out because a lot of us commuters work late or, more likely, drift off to the pub. As a result you can nearly always get a seat on evening peak trains.

So, the only reason for changing the rules was to make more money.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Something I can comment intelligently on at last - being a former railway person! In fact I can understand why the OP is annoyed. Until recently OFF PEAK for travel to London on a travelcard meant deaprting your station any time after 09:30. There were few or no restrictions on returning home. The reason was simple: the morning peak is very concentrated and hard to get seats; the evening peak is more spread out because a lot of us commuters work late or, more likely, drift off to the pub. As a result you can nearly always get a seat on evening peak trains.

So, the only reason for changing the rules was to make more money.
    Hello IanB! Thank you for joining in and your comment wait 2 secs to reload the image put a smile on my face ... just a lttile questin - who is OP?

And YES - I go in and out of London often using the Off Peak Travelcard not by choice but by circumtance ... since I travel around 10am I will get an Off-peak Travelcard and that I am expected to return late as well.

I am a good citizen abiding the rules and regulations but I am not a Yes Yes person. I have a reason for saying what I said. And it is good to hear from people like you who is open and opoen enough to see the other angle/point of discussion. wait 2 secs to reload the image

Thread Information