Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
Changed the game completely that did in favour of ManU. The ref should now be banned, as even a deaf, dumb, blind, mute knows that rule
changed the game only 4 mins had been played

I cannot deny it was a blatent foul,and he was last defender so by the rule book he should have gone,but it's a stupid rule i have always thought here's why

you are getting 2 punishments for 1 foul,ie the penalty and the player sent off.I accept the penalty but not the sending off, my arguament was he may not have scored, he was actually turned slightly away from the goal too,
He was not running clear on goal and had vidic hacked him down from behind thats different again

I don't like to see players sent off in any game in fact it takes some glory away when you say we won 3-0 but the other team was down to 9 men! there is a much better soloution-award a penalty goal!

vidic did wrong and man utd were puinished but the penalty could have been missed (as could a shot on goal) so by awarding a penalty goal as in a penalty try in rugby then justice is done.

Book the player too i have no problem with that but its better than reducing a team to ten men and then ensuring for the rest of the game you have an unfair contest!