Thread: two faces... two emotions...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Florge,

I have had these thoughts for many years as I worked in very poor countries around the world.
    I once saw a man in Angola eating blue washing up powder because he was hungry, I heard a mother's sobs for her dead baby due to malnutrition. I had to try to shut myself off from a lot of sympathy as I would not have been able to work as efficiently. I helped where I could but my help was a drop in the ocean.

I often wonder why Filipinos, for example, crave to live in the westernized nations with their wealth, and constantly diminishing respect for each other.
    Is it mostly to save money and to send some of it back home to help their families? I ask myself why don't the Filipino governments do more to stimulate industry and growth to keep the most talented people from leaving.

I, as a British man, feel we Brits have to put a stop to our constantly degrading morals. I want law and order to begin at home and this I feel is where our society is losing the plot.
    I speak to many older people in the UK and they seem to indicate that the rot set in when women started to work more, to keep up with the Jones's.
    There was less supervision of the children as a result and then Men were no longer the bread-winners and divorce went sky-rocketing.

What is the answer? I don't know.
    We leave that to our elected politicians but nobody has the cojones to do anything about the things that really seem to matter.

I get older and the flush of youth is gone, but the fire still burns inside.

Hard work seems to be the answer to my life, for others? I am not sure.

Banned
    I agree.. one thing I noticed though too is that there's a whole lot of spoonfeeding here (e.g. when it comes to social service)... I was wondering that maybe the Uk government has, through the years, made the youth of today lazier... even the laws are a bit weak to a point that it is frustrating to see a drug addict getting just a fine.. and all the police force had wasted their time running after him/her... frustrating...

even (proper) parenting is being blamed on the government or the school, or facebook... lol... comedy of sorts!

i just so wish that your fire is also shared by the youths of today... it is a bit scary realizing that my future children will grow up in this society...

Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    Florge,

I have had these thoughts for many years as I worked in very poor countries around the world.
    I once saw a man in Angola eating blue washing up powder because he was hungry, I heard a mother's sobs for her dead baby due to malnutrition. I had to try to shut myself off from a lot of sympathy as I would not have been able to work as efficiently. I helped where I could but my help was a drop in the ocean.

I often wonder why Filipinos, for example, crave to live in the westernized nations with their wealth, and constantly diminishing respect for each other.
    Is it mostly to save money and to send some of it back home to help their families? I ask myself why don't the Filipino governments do more to stimulate industry and growth to keep the most talented people from leaving.

I, as a British man, feel we Brits have to put a stop to our constantly degrading morals. I want law and order to begin at home and this I feel is where our society is losing the plot.
    I speak to many older people in the UK and they seem to indicate that the rot set in when women started to work more, to keep up with the Jones's.
    There was less supervision of the children as a result and then Men were no longer the bread-winners and divorce went sky-rocketing.

What is the answer? I don't know.
    We leave that to our elected politicians but nobody has the cojones to do anything about the things that really seem to matter.

I get older and the flush of youth is gone, but the fire still burns inside.

Hard work seems to be the answer to my life, for others? I am not sure.

Thread Information