Thread: CFO Next week

CFO Next week

Finally, I have book my flights to Manila and will be leaving this Saturday and returning to London next weekend with my honey.
    On Tuesday we plan to go back to Manila for her CFO Seminar at Prism in Taft Avenue and they everything is done and she can travel back with me.
    Just want to ask at what time should we arrive at PRISM in the morning as I believe it is a first come first served basis and I am unaware of how many people usually turn up for the seminar on any given day.

It would be better to be there a little early than 10 am because there's a form that needs to fill-up, it will take some minutes to do so. Last month when I had my seminar, we were just few... maybe less than 20.
    The seminar will just take about one and half hour or less depends on how many will ask questions to the counselor. After the seminar and she gets her PRISM certificate, have it photocopy and present it to CFO office and can have the CFO sticker on her passport .
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by aidaaida View Post
    Finally, I have book my flights to Manila and will be leaving this Saturday and returning to London next weekend with my honey.
    On Tuesday we plan to go back to Manila for her CFO Seminar at Prism in Taft Avenue and they everything is done and she can travel back with me.
    Really pleased to learn that you'll be travelling together on the homeward flights. Good Luck with the CFO Seminar ... just follow Liane's directions, and everything will fit into place.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    23 March 2010. My fiance checked with Manilla CFO office and there is a 8-10 week backlog now so she flew to Cebu to do the seminar there as it is a first come first served basis. She was able to do the rather derisory and pointless seminar BUT be warned the issue of certificates is taking 2 weeks as the demand exceeds their ability to supply the certificates!

You can of course expedite this but the 25000 PHP quoted was excessive and so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaneandEve View Post
    23 March 2010. My fiance checked with Manilla CFO office and there is a 8-10 week backlog now so she flew to Cebu to do the seminar there as it is a first come first served basis. She was able to do the rather derisory and pointless seminar BUT be warned the issue of certificates is taking 2 weeks as the demand exceeds their ability to supply the certificates!

You can of course expedite this but the 25000 PHP quoted was excessive and so bad.
    Any further info on this? My husband's flight is next wednesday - he is travelling to manila now to go to CFO before the end of this week - he visited a couple of weeks ago to find out what papers etc. were required they never mentioned backlogs on issuing - i thought you went in, had the seminar, took your certifcate to CFO to register and got your stamp there and then - like abc.....

Quote Originally Posted by DaneandEve View Post
    be warned the issue of certificates is taking 2 weeks as the demand exceeds their ability to supply the certificates!

Eh? ... this whole CFO business is rapidly getting to be beyond a ...!

... anyway, thanks for sharing your fiancee's experience with us, and a warm to the forum, Dane!

Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    i thought you went in, had the seminar, took your certifcate to CFO to register and got your stamp there and then - like abc.....
    That's the impression I had, too ... it was certainly the case when my wife attended HER seminar [in Cebu] just over a year ago! And one would've thought they'd have been even better organised in the Capital.

Good Luck to your husband.

wheeww....CFO might be busy in elections as well...lol

For Info - my husband went to seminar and CFO today - he text to say he's completed it, so I'm assuming there are no delays as previoulsy reported.........roll on april 1st

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    wheeww....CFO might be busy in elections as well...lol
    Shouldn't think so ... as ITS function is [supposed to be] for counselling Filipinos emigrating overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by justchecking View Post
    For Info - my husband went to seminar and CFO today - he text to say he's completed it, so I'm assuming there are no delays as previoulsy reported.........roll on april 1st
    I'm sure everything will be fine. As you say, "Roll on April 1" ... and I wish you both a joyful reunion!!

Just to let you know that I flew out to Manila last Saturday/Sunday and went with my wife to PRISM in Manila on Wednesday morning for her seminar and then to CFO straight afterwards. It was all done and completed by 2pm with no hassle or complications.
    We both travelled back to Gatwick together arriving yesterday morning and it is just a fantastic feeling knowing that I will never have to say goodbye to my honey at Manila airport ever, ever again
    Just a big thank you for all the help and advice we have received here on this forum

Just to let you know that I flew out to Manila last Saturday/Sunday and went with my wife to PRISM in Manila on Wednesday morning for her seminar and then to CFO straight afterwards. It was all done and completed by 2pm with no hassle or complications.
    We both travelled back to Gatwick together arriving yesterday morning and it is just a fantastic feeling knowing that I will never have to say goodbye to my honey at Manila airport ever, ever again
    Just a big thank you for all the help and advice we have received here on this forum
    It's always a pleasure to read posts such as this one ... and I'm delighted all went smoothly for you and your Mahal.

Nice to hear that everything went smoothly.
    Enjoy your time together
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Do UK fiance's (husbands to be) have to attend the CFO or is it just the Filipino fiancee? I'm guessing the later if going for a fiancee visa

your fiancee only..

Thread Information