Thread: visas ....again

Respected Member

visas ....again

Hi Guys
    I have a question re visas, there have been many people receiving visas quickly or so it seems and i am wondering if it is only particular types of visa that are returned quickly, fiancee visas appear to be issued quickly has any one had a spouse visa issued quickly, or perhaps i should ask of those of you who married in the philippines how quick the visa was received
    ok so i am getting impatent having married in september i was hoping my mahal na asawa would be here by now. i think we are both going nuts with all this waiting

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....highlight=long

hope this will answer your question...

Respected Member
    thanks guys ...must remember to pay more attention
    so the time it takes seems to vary greatly
    has anyone tried contacting the embassy to get an idea of how long an application is likely to take and did it seem to focus their attention and get the thing sent...guess i am clutching at straws here but hey if there is anything that seems to help then i'll give it a go

yep you can contact them/ its best that your fiancee/wife could phone them instead coz its cheaper obviously.

or just email them...

this is what they replied when i emailed them...

For settlement visa applications the visa section of the embassy targets to process applications in 3 months. There will be one of three outcomes: issuance of visa, refusal of visa, or interview. If you require an interview, the embassy aims to be able to provide an appointment within 15 working days. We will send the result of your application together with the original documents you submitted via courier.

If you need further assistance you may also call our call center at 02-7513750 to 56. We accept calls from Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and 8am to 6pm every Saturday. This service is free of charge.

i doubt it

that embassy makes the gardeners outside, using scissors to cut the grass look efficient.

but obviously it did not take too long to approve our application...

It all depends on the info you supply. If you do everything correctly, and give them no reason to doubt the application, usually 10-14 days.

On the other hand miss out a document, not enough evidence, or they doubt something, they have to run checks. Which is why we always say, read this forum & Pete's site and get it right.
    Keith - Administrator

Mr.keith the administrator is right Mr.Dave65 It all depends on the info you supply. If you do everything correctly, and give them no reason to doubt the application, usually 10-14 days.while ours we submitted our visa last nov.20,2006 and last january 5,2007 that was friday my hubby phone the embassy for followed up as we put on my visa application to be processed at about 26th of january but then again bytuesday the 9th of january we have had our visa right in our hand so it took about 7 weeks to processed our visa and now hubby and i ready for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by dave65 View Post
    Hi Guys
    I have a question re visas, there have been many people receiving visas quickly or so it seems and i am wondering if it is only particular types of visa that are returned quickly, fiancee visas appear to be issued quickly has any one had a spouse visa issued quickly, or perhaps i should ask of those of you who married in the philippines how quick the visa was received
    ok so i am getting impatent having married in september i was hoping my mahal na asawa would be here by now. i think we are both going nuts with all this waiting
    Hello Dave65,
    I got my spouse visa 5 weeks later after i submitted my application personally at UKVACS, Makati. As what Keith have said, as long as you provide them the documents they needed then no need to worry. Just be patient of waiting & sleepless nights & nervousness is part of it. Cheers!

Louella

Respected Member
    hi guys
    just had a text from jasmine to say her visa has arrived and no interview :9: just off to book the flight

Banned
    hi guys
    just had a text from jasmine to say her visa has arrived and no interview :9: just off to book the flight
    wooooo-hooooo excellent news mate
    Make sure she has plenty of warm clothes for the UK, its blinkin' freezin' innit?

That'll be £10,000 forum charge.....that's EACH Better book her a banana boat
    Keith - Administrator

london well away from those people up norf
    Great news Dave hope you warned jasmine about the Snow, my Wife was like a little kid seeing all the snow this morning.

well done dave, glad to hear that jasmine has her visa, hope to catch up with you sometime in the UK. from Ricky and Ging

Respected Member
    thanks guys for all your help and advice
    jasmine has often asked when the snow would arrive and i told her we rarely get it on the south coast so she has been asking to visit scotland to see some, so today i was able to say we had some and she answered with the news about the visa
    what is it with filipinas and snow i thought you ladys didnt like the cold

london well away from those people up norf
    thanks guys for all your help and advice
    jasmine has often asked when the snow would arrive and i told her we rarely get it on the south coast so she has been asking to visit scotland to see some, so today i was able to say we had some and she answered with the news about the visa
    what is it with filipinas and snow i thought you ladys didnt like the cold

My Wife when first over noticed of course the difference and we did have a pretty cold winter. But coped far better than i thought. At first the heating did creep up. But now i complain normally first that its cold

Congratulations to Jasmine and yourself Dave. . Hope it won't be too long b4 she's here with you in th UK.

Louella & Iain.

Congrats i wish im next
    tiger tigress

♥♥♥♥Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply gives you courage♥♥♥♥.

congrats dave and to your wife as well hope your wife fly together with my hubby and me.

Congratulations!!!
    "Chains do not hold a marriage together.It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.That is what makes a marriage last - more than passion or even sex..."

Thread Information