Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I shall return

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Just imagine ... equivalent to Maj's lifetime to date - and before Liane was even born!
    Yes Arthur, I never imagined it would have taken so long
    I was a lecturer at the University of Glasgow and they had a link with Universiti
    Malaya, so I was "lent" to that university for a year to teach medical students. During that time I visited the Philippines (twice) for professional reasons. When I returned to the UK, my career took over, I got married, had a family, divorced, and retired. But I never forgot Malaysia and the Philippines Both countries are beautiful with many wonderful people Somehow it was the Philippines that I wanted most of all to visit again. This will be a dream come true ! It will be fascinating to compare what I remember from those years ago with how it is now, and visit new places. Forgive my self indulgence with this post - life is imperfect, I have a "healthy" cynicism, but now I've made my decision .... I can't wait to return ! Yes !!!

Oh it must be exciting for you! Have fun! And enjoy every minute of your time with your gf. That is just too sweet. I can imagine. Go to a beach since it's summer!

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    Yes Arthur, I never imagined it would have taken so long
    I was a lecturer at the University of Glasgow and they had a link with Universiti
    Malaya, so I was "lent" to that university for a year to teach medical students. During that time I visited the Philippines (twice) for professional reasons. When I returned to the UK, my career took over, I got married, had a family, divorced, and retired. But I never forgot Malaysia and the Philippines Both countries are beautiful with many wonderful people Somehow it was the Philippines that I wanted most of all to visit again. This will be a dream come true ! It will be fascinating to compare what I remember from those years ago with how it is now, and visit new places. Forgive my self indulgence with this post - life is imperfect, I have a "healthy" cynicism, but now I've made my decision .... I can't wait to return ! Yes !!!
    I can fully understand your sentiments, Alan ... being very like that myself. It's often said we should never look back - but then, WHY NOT? Between my two visits to the Phils in 2008, I had occasion to attend a Boys' Brigade Reunion in the small town of Kinross ... near to the village where I lived after moving from my home city of Glasgow. I met more than a few old pals (some of whom I hadn't clapped eyes on for almost 50 years) that particular Sunday. It was [almost] like old times ... and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! So GO FOR IT, my friend ... and enjoy every minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee31 View Post
    Go to a beach since it's summer!
    Go to one more or less ANYTIME in the Philippines ... it ain't the East Neuk of Fife! I remember going swimming in the sea at a beach resort near Marsman, Mindanao [where Myrna's relatives own land] on Christmas Day, 2008. Luverly!

Banned
    Go to one at more or less ANYTIME in the Philippines ... it ain't the East Neuk of Fife! I remember going swimming in the sea at a beach resort near Marsman, Mindanao [where Myrna's relatives own land] on Christmas Day, 2008. Luverly!
    That sounds great Have you and Myrna any plans to go back Arthur, if just for a holiday?

Good to hear your making the journey back there Alan after so many years. I'm sure you'll notice a great difference since you were last there. Have a good time

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    That sounds great Have you and Myrna any plans to go back Arthur, if just for a holiday?

Good to hear your making the journey back there Alan after so many years. I'm sure you'll notice a great difference since you were last there. Have a good time
    Thanks so much , and indeed it would be nice if Arthur and Myrna do get the chance to return

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    We would certainly like to return for a holiday sometime ... though it'll have to be after Myrna has her ILR.

Just imagine ... equivalent to Maj's lifetime to date - and before Liane was even born!
    Nice one!
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post

I last visited the Philippines while working in Malaysia in 1978 and hoped one day to return, just like General Macarthur in 1944. It's taken many years (and 6 months on the forum !) to make up my mind ... but at last I've booked my flight to Manila for May - no big deal, but exciting for me ! Thanks to my friends here for encouraging me !
    Hi Allan! Just drop by here to tell I'm happy for your your decisions!
    Enjoy your stay and have a romantic time together.

Banned
    oh, a lot has changed since then Arthur.... thanks for visiting Pinas again... so your gf is from Marikina eh.. you can stay in any Ortigas hotel so you're a bit nearer to her.. and nearer to Greenhills as well.. take her shopping there if you could... SM Marikina has recently opened... Eastwood is also a great place to shop and dine..

And you're going to Capiz right? ah, nice beaches there as well... you will get the tan you want...

I miss being tan... i turned white since I got here... arrgghhh...

LOL.... have fun doc! cheers!

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Florge View Post
    .... thanks for visiting Pinas again... so your gf is from Marikina eh...

And you're going to Capiz right? ah, nice beaches there as well... you will get the tan you want...
    Thank you for your good wishes and advice Florge 30(+) years ago there was martial law under President Ferdinand Marcos , Claire had a hit song called "Sayang" (Sorry... you have a boyfriend), and the Heart Center for South East Asia had recently opened in Manila ... so, yeah,I'm expecting changes ...election time as well !
    I'm not so bothered about getting a tan (sun exposure ages the skin and I don't need that !) but the swimming should be great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information