Thread: going the the philippines on april 18, im british and have questions huhuhu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    100 quid? blimey I wouldnt worry about getting married cos she wont be interested if thats all ya got
    Like others said take at least a grand or have access to it via an ATM or something. Thats what i`ve done before.
    You`ll be expected to pay for any meals that you eat at restaurants and such so you`ll need it.
    Plus dont forget you need about a tenner just to get out of the place, i.e. airport tax so that leaves you with 90 quid eh.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adam&chryss View Post
    100 quid? blimey I wouldnt worry about getting married cos she wont be interested if thats all ya got
    Like others said take at least a grand or have access to it via an ATM or something. Thats what i`ve done before.
    You`ll be expected to pay for any meals that you eat at restaurants and such so you`ll need it.
    Plus dont forget you need about a tenner just to get out of the place, i.e. airport tax so that leaves you with 90 quid eh.
    You will also be expected to pay for everything at the restaurant too, even if ten people join you.
    The exchange rate, even though not the best at the moment at 67 PHP to the £, will still allow you to "look after people" and buy presents.
    It is quite hard to understand if you haven't been there, but you will experience poverty that you will not see in the Midlands.

You will be talked about if you are not generous.
    I am not saying that you have to be foolish with your money but certainly don't be stingy.

Besides, if you are getting married on this trip there you should prepare for these costs........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post

Besides, if you are getting married on this trip there you should prepare for these costs........
    Wedding reception.... Jollibee's for two....

You will also be expected to pay for everything at the restaurant too, even if ten people join you.
    The exchange rate, even though not the best at the moment at 67 PHP to the £, will still allow you to "look after people" and buy presents.
    It is quite hard to understand if you haven't been there, but you will experience poverty that you will not see in the Midlands.

You will be talked about if you are not generous.
    I am not saying that you have to be foolish with your money but certainly don't be stingy.

Yes thats very much my experience......my hands are in my pocket paying for all sorts of things, but you know what with my lovely fiancee I wouldn't change a thing. I have never experienced such warmth from a family, I felt part of their family so quickly and now hearing my fiancee's niece shout Tito Colin at the airport is great!!!

That's what I found when we invited my brother-in law, sister-in-law and their 2 kids out for dinner and 12 other members of the extended family turned up as well.

Hi.

On my first trip to Manila I took £500 and I only went for a week!. Maybe that was abit over the top but I was slightly worried about running out of money and there was a possibility that my credit card would'nt work. Infact my credit card would'nt work, even though I had told my bank that I may be using it in the Philippines.

Good Luck Tony!

Thread Information