Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: going the the philippines on april 18, im british and have questions huhuhu

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    ... forget about vacinations if you get sick your travel insurance will repatriate if nec
    Yeah, right Keith !

does it mean that i have to prove that i have lots of money,
    Yes..You need a lot of money..Its a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Yes..You need a lot of money..Its a requirement.
    only by his wife to be

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    only by his wife to be
    Dont forget the 5000 extended family

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Right! I usually stay away from threads that 'court controversy.'

HOWEVER - I really cannot believe that nobody has simply said:-

Tony - you cannot go to the Philippines with £100 or even £300 under the circumstances that you describe! Forget it!

I am sorry to be so blunt!

Al.

P.S. Please PM me if you want to know what you will REALLY be expected to have - both financially and personally!
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

I hope I wasnt being .gulp........controvershal hic
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    only by his wife to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Right! I usually stay away from threads that 'court controversy.'

HOWEVER - I really cannot believe that nobody has simply said:-

Tony - you cannot go to the Philippines with £100 or even £300 under the circumstances that you describe! Forget it!

I am sorry to be so blunt!

Al.

P.S. Please PM me if you want to know what you will REALLY be expected to have - both financially and personally!
    Well worded allan even if it is blunt to the point, cuz you cant get much blunter than that can you? Wonder if toney cant see now hes making a big mistake.If he dosent maybe hes just blinded by the thought of for his intended

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Im pretty sure that most of the R.P is malaria free although I have heard that precautions should be taken if going to Palawan..Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to prevent dengue fever except for avoiding certain day time mosquitoes that may carry the infection plus wearing OFF lotion and those that contain DEET.
    I have managed to avoid Typhoid fever by drinking purified and mineral water..Never drink tap water especially in large cities that have corroded supply pipes and dodgy restaurants!
    Ive seen a Brit here dying from Hepatitis and its something I never want to catch..Anywhere!!

By the way Doc Alan..Theres an expat here that has been told that he has gangrene of the intestine!! Is that possible? This guy is broke and some of the guys in the bar are having a whip round..
    Hes in such bad shape that they cant even transfer him to Cebu..
    They are dropping like flies here!! Hope Im not next.

Tony.. You are coming here as a lamb might present himself to the slaughter and you have been warned..
    Forget 100 Pounds spending money..
    A 59 day visa will cost around half that and thats what you will need if you go over your free 21 days!!
    Please do not rely on the girls family to give you anything..They probably will do what they can as Filipino`s can have a VERY generous nature..but it depends.
    I have no idea about their financial position but if they are just ordinary working class/poor then I doubt that you will be able to eat anything served to you..Forget roast chicken and Yorkshire pudding for starters and think more along the lines of dried fish , pigs eye balls and the private parts of a dead cow.
    Come here and be self sufficient and leave owing no one anything..
    Please get GOOD travel insurance..There`s no NHS here and if you get sick you are ON YOUR OWN and that would be very very bad.

There!! Now my conscience is clear!!
    Ithink what fred says here mite be blunter to the point...... LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER......

Quote Originally Posted by \\\\ToNy//// View Post
    my heads spinning after reading all that, well ive just checked how much cash ill have, should be £200/£300, her brother and wife will help me if im short of chash, as she offered to pay for my flight at the end of last year but i would feel guilty so i said its ok ill pay, im in this mess with money because last year i was made redundant and didnt find a new job until october, costs about £40 per week petrol so has been next to impossible to save money because my wage is minimum wage, this year i hope to find a better job thats closer to home, installing car audio ect,

then to manila, and from there one of the family will pick us up in the car
    They know he is strapped granted it may be a marriage scam but that doesnt affect the money story might not be for you or me but thats not the same as going blind with other expectations on him even if he marries shes not gonna get a spouse visa any time soon If Tony is reporting accuratly its a supported trip
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

TONY,always remember person w/out money is like a bird w/out wings.........

Respected Member
    yup is true huhuhu, uk bills have eaten all my money, especialy my car bills, ill be staying there at her home so wont need any money, only need to buy things like deodrant ect
    Hey tony deodrant is the least of your worrys if your going ther with 100 quid....(Axe deodrant ther will set you back 190peso...£2.92pence) and your need a lot in 35 degree heat that leaves £97......And another thing, you mite hear a certain person saying NO MONEY NO HONEY Then it will be in your case NO HONEY CUZ NO MONEY...

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    Hey tony deodrant is the least of your worrys if your going ther with 100 quid....(Axe deodrant ther will set you back 190peso...£2.92pence) and your need a lot in 35 degree heat that leaves £97......And another thing, you mite hear a certain person saying NO MONEY NO HONEY Then it will be in your case NO HONEY CUZ NO MONEY...
    why are you still takin the i think with 1 post we all realise your point of veiw

have you never made mistakes?, maybe you could list them, then we could laugh at you
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    why are you still takin the i think with 1 post we all realise your point of veiw

have you never made mistakes?, maybe you could list them, then we could laugh at you
    Hey keep your shirt on,..Havent you got any sense of humour?? SOUNDS LIKE NO

Quote Originally Posted by ca143 View Post
    TONY,always remember person w/out money is like a bird w/out wings.........

so true, good job the plane has thou...

Hey keep your shirt on,..Havent you got any sense of humour?? SOUNDS LIKE NO
    even joker of the forum bornatbirth is complaining, it's not a joke to Tony

Respected Member

Ive made a few mistakes but im not that stupid to broadcast them om here like some people.And any way if somebody comes on here asking a stupid question like he did i think they deserve a stupid anwser and a bit of a ptake....Come on son lighten up a bit its only a bit of fun

Banned
    Ive made a few mistakes but im not that stupid to broadcast them om here like some people.And any way if somebody comes on here asking a stupid question like he did i think they deserve a stupid anwser and a bit of a ptake....Come on son lighten up a bit its only a bit of fun
    It may seem like a stupid question to you as you've lived over there, but Tony's knowledge of the Phils (and how much spending money he'll need) has obviously come from a bad source. No need to keep taking the

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    so true, good job the plane has thou...

even joker of the forum bornatbirth is complaining, it's not a joke to Tony
    Bornatbirth is the joker of the forum,well i wouldnt want to go for a nite out with him or her..... sooner stay in and watch newsnight on the box

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Tony's knowledge of the Phils (and how much spending money he'll need) has obviously come from a bad source. No need to keep taking the
    ... and how often must I keep repeating myself? Kindly refrain from pointless comments, Jules aka 'junior02'!

Hya Tony, been here 3 months now.Beautiful Place and People...1st. on your list should be throat lozengers (Permanent sore throat in Manila) next...Sun Block (rare as rocking horse effluent over here). £100 a week minimum to live on...and as someone has pointed out..keep away from Rallies and keep your mouth closed on Political points of view, and also any Religious views, keep them to yourself...most people here ask God for everything, rather than doing the things themselves, and they also vote for the candidate who gives them the most peso's when he comes calling..But....its a beautiful place and the people on the whole are smashing....(but keep a tight rein on your personal effects, they might easily go missing...blooming YaYa) Enjoys yourself...will be difficult though on £100....

well i wouldnt want to go for a nite out with him or her..... sooner stay in and watch newsnight on the box
    and I doubt many on here would go out with you your would probably get you

maybe thats a bit of good advice for yourself to stay in and watch the news

just give the guy a break

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aposhark View Post
    I think the clue to Tony's situation was in his first sentence when he mentioned it will be his first flight.
    He has not travelled a long way out of the UK so his naivety is easy to understand as he hasn't had anyone he trusts to give him the basic facts he needs.
    He has understood from his friends that the Philippines is not as rich as the UK, but they did not tell him how much money he will need when he gets there. They are probably encouraging him in his dreams, as he is marrying a friend's sister.
    I just hope he is reading all of the replies in this thread and to not be put off by everyone's replies, but to see them as friendly advice. After all, we are mostly seasoned hands at this and a few of us are better travelled than most.

Tony, if you are reading this, do not think about marrying this lady until you have known her a while and have built up a lot of trust with her over time. Take your time and just go and have fun the first visit.

Filipinas can capture your heart very easily, but you must temper your desires for the future with a dose of realism.
    If you enjoy her company face-to-face and she is a sensible lady, she will understand your financial situation and will back you up with your joint dream.
    You will need to build up "evidence of relationship" for her probable visa application, this takes time and everything needs to be documented and planned for.

Everything can be done, but in the right way and unfortunately it will be an expensive adventure.
    So, don't go without £500 minimum and look for good solid work in the UK to fund your adventures.
    Good reply.

Like said above, try not to get too carried away and don't get pressured into anything that you are not sure of, especially marriage and once you start along that route, the longer you go along it, the harder it is to back out if you realise that it isn't what you want or it doesn't feel right. If all goes well, maybe make a commitment to each other and then do all you can to save up for going to see her again when you could propose. if she really does love you, then she'll wait for you.

When it ended with Suzie who I was in contact with and she accepted the Danish 'stranger' she said that she had met the love of her life after knowing him for a few days and that they were getting engaged shortly! This was only a couple of weeks after her thanking me for everything I did for her & her family and that she wished she could do something for me in some way! I don't think that meeting the Danish guy and dropping me like a hot stone, was the nicest way to show how much she thought of that! Maybe it she had met me, she would have expected me to propose at the first meeting too, I don't know? It's easy for someone to behave their best & do all they can to make you fall in love with you over just a few days, but it's only time together (in person and phone/Internet etc) during good times and bad, that you really get to know what they are like.

Getting married so quick could also possibly make it harder for her to get a Visa as they will more likely to be a bit more suspiscious of getting married on the first meeting.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    and I doubt many on here would go out with you your would probably get you

maybe thats a bit of good advice for yourself to stay in and watch the news

just give the guy a break
    Your right they prob wouldnt go out with me.....cuz by The sounds of it im not to popular on here....dont no why\\\/// I just like to say 1 thing in my defence ITS JUST A BIT OF FUN ALL THAT I WROTE, NO HARM INTENDED TO THE SENSITVE TYPES OR THE ONES ON HERE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR and i thought being in this forum is ment to be a bit of a laugh from time to time......Im going to say 1 more thing regard the 1st thread.
    Any body wanting to go to phils to meet a lady TAKE LOTS OF CASH.
    And most importantly a filipina lady wants a REAL MAN NOT A WET WEEKEND BE WARNED.

Banned
    Your right they prob wouldnt go out with me.....cuz by The sounds of it im not to popular on here....dont no why\\\/// I just like to say 1 thing in my defence ITS JUST A BIT OF FUN ALL THAT I WROTE, NO HARM INTENDED TO THE SENSITVE TYPES OR THE ONES ON HERE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR and i thought being in this forum is ment to be a bit of a laugh from time to time......Im going to say 1 more thing regard the 1st thread.
    And most importantly a filipina lady wants a REAL MAN NOT A WET WEEKEND BE WARNED.
    You have to understand that we at the forum do appreciate a laugh and a joke, some banter, innuendoes, sarcasm and whathaveyou....

What irritates is the constant sniping, and what is perceived as personal attacks....

Taking the mickey near enough all the time puts people off the mickey taker.

By his admission, Tony, will be going abroad for the first time in his life, and blissfully unaware of what life can be like in Phil, or anywhere else, for that matter.
    And at time I fear, he is also unaware of what is going on here in his own country.

The good thing, is that he came to us, to announce proudly that he found someone, and will be flying to meet this person. And also ask for some advice.
    The consensus amonsgt the phorumers would be for him to abandon the idea of departing with only a small amount of money in his pockets, although he was also suggested and hinted to, to give up on the idea altogether, for now, and save up for a decent trip at a later date.
    So, junior, if you have some constructive suggestions, please do go ahead and try to help, or do not join in. He may not heed to any of the advice given, as ultimately, the decision rests with him.

But at least we can say honestly to ourselves, that we tried to lead this particular horse to water....

NO HARM INTENDED TO THE SENSITVE TYPES OR THE ONES ON HERE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOUR and i thought being in this forum is ment to be a bit of a laugh from time to time......Im going to say 1 more thing regard the 1st thread.
    Most of us on the forum ... especially the regulars ... enjoy harmless fun and friendly banter - but NOT when it's at the expense of others who might, for whatever reason(s) be unable to "defend" themselves in response. So please bear this in mind ... and THINK carefully before being tempted to post anything offensive or insensitive.

100 pounds to spend for a month?...that's a big NO..NO...especially if you're going to marry here....is that a joke?...that's only enough for my 1 week grocery...

hi junior, no worries, my sense of humor is silly most of the time, abit like my dessisions and spelling so i can take most thangs that people say,
    anyway, there be none of this going on if my back is itching ill use the bed post ,
    i realy like everyones comments, is helping me to make better dessision,
    to the one that asked earlier, the village is called brgy gomez or sta rosa,
    sorry for the short reply, im so tired after my work, so ill sleep soon, over this weekend ill read all the posts again and write things down

Only a stones throw from where iwill be Tony, iwill keep my eyes open for you, if you still decide to go, ok

You have to pay tax at the airport when you leave - 750 pesos, so make sure you have this on you.

Respected Member
    hi junior, no worries, my sense of humor is silly most of the time, abit like my dessisions and spelling so i can take most thangs that people say,
    anyway, there be none of this going on if my back is itching ill use the bed post ,
    i realy like everyones comments, is helping me to make better dessision,
    sorry for the short reply, im so tired after my work, so ill sleep soon, over this weekend ill read all the posts again and write things down
    Hi tony Im glad you got a good sense of humour and seen the light side of what i wrote and you didnt take anything the wrong way.Im glad ive got 1 friend on here now cuz i dont think anybody else on here like my sense of humuor and things i wrote about on this thread. I like to tell the truth and give a bit of advice with a bit of humour. At the end of the day thers a saying, if you were ment go your go and if your not ment to go you wont. But anyway if you go be carefull. You seem like a nice guy so dont let anybody ther take advantage of your good nature. Just remember when your out ther to be firm but nice and remember YOUR THE BOSS. Anyway have a great time and keep us informed on here on how its going and your welcome down my neck of the woods for a drink and a chat anytime and if your out ther another time when im ther your welcome to my place ther, but its right down south from wher your be but only 1hour flight from manila. Just another bit of advice, it would be good idea if you could get a member of your family or friend here in uk to be prepard to send you some money out via western union for emegancies if you run out of cash, n pay them back when you get home,it only takes a second to recieve the cash once sent from uk. Also theres a british consulate in angeles city if you wont to change your cert of no impediment to a local 1 if you end up getting married, it will save you going all the way back to manila to brit embassy. takecare mate. Igot day off today so off to pub for few pints of zomerzet zider

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.r View Post
    Only a stones throw from where iwill be Tony, iwill keep my eyes open for you, if you still decide to go, ok
    thanks steve, will be good to see you there, ill be the guy melting to my knees and moaning water! water!

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    You have to pay tax at the airport when you leave - 750 pesos, so make sure you have this on you.
    hi english rose, i think all this was included in the ticket price, correct me if im wrong,
    Airport tax etc. Included
    * The amount of taxes may vary and is composed of Airline Failure Insurance, Security/Insurance Surcharge, Fuel Surcharge and Departure Taxes from Country destination.

Hi tony Im glad you got a good sense of humour and seen the light side of what i wrote and you didnt take anything the wrong way.Im glad ive got 1 friend on here now cuz i dont think anybody else on here like my sense of humuor and things i wrote about on this thread. I like to tell the truth and give a bit of advice with a bit of humour. At the end of the day thers a saying, if you were ment go your go and if your not ment to go you wont. But anyway if you go be carefull. You seem like a nice guy so dont let anybody ther take advantage of your good nature. Just remember when your out ther to be firm but nice and remember YOUR THE BOSS. Anyway have a great time and keep us informed on here on how its going and your welcome down my neck of the woods for a drink and a chat anytime and if your out ther another time when im ther your welcome to my place ther, but its right down south from wher your be but only 1hour flight from manila. Just another bit of advice, it would be good idea if you could get a member of your family or friend here in uk to be prepard to send you some money out via western union for emegancies if you run out of cash, n pay them back when you get home,it only takes a second to recieve the cash once sent from uk. Also theres a british consulate in angeles city if you wont to change your cert of no impediment to a local 1 if you end up getting married, it will save you going all the way back to manila to brit embassy. takecare mate. Igot day off today so off to pub for few pints of zomerzet zider
    hi fella, thanks for your reply, ill keep that in mind about the consulate in angeles city, and yes im a good person, ive always been nice to everyone and im an animal lover, if i see a cat when im walking about ill always stop to give it a stroke, and yes people do try to take advantage of me and sometime i just go along with it, and im very vigulant, if theres somthing suspiciouse going on around me im usualy the first to realise, and yes i have a best mate that can help me out with cash if an emergency, ill start a new thread when im there in the phils,
    well im off work now untill tuesday, time for a good rest, maybe hit the carboot sales, and relax by the river if theres nothing on tv

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information