Thread: European Court Ruling UK Expats

European Court Ruling UK Expats

amazing, the gov wins cases against its own citizens, but loses cases against non Brits and criminals , I don't know whether to or

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8568970.stm

Inflation-proofing only applies to UK pensioners who live in the European Economic Area or in 15 other countries, but not in some Commonwealth states.

If pensioners have moved to countries with a reciprocal arrangement - such as in the European Union or the United States - then they receive pension increases.

But if pensioners have emigrated to countries without any such agreement - such as Australia, Canada and South Africa - their pensions have been frozen at the level of when they moved overseas.

The applicants did not contribute to the UK economy, in particular, they paid no UK tax to offset the cost of any increase in the pension
    European Court of Human Rights

but people who moved to the 15 countries which they have agreements with they didnt pay UK tax. but still get the increase

european court

Joe ... these are the very things that infuriate me about the EU ... and sway my vote towards the likes of the UK Independence Party; ... is it possible to "change my allegiance" in our poll?

Im going to live in the Philippines,and I have paid my taxes,and I will get my pension increases

why should you get anything if you leave the country?

we complain about all these foreigners coming into the uk, then say im better off going but you wanna get the benefits after you leave
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Respected Member
    but if you paid in your National Insurance all of your life, don't you deserve the returns?

yep, if you live here?

what about all these pols taking our jobs and sending the money home(taking it out of the country)

these wrinklies are doing the same.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    why should you get anything if you leave the country?

we complain about all these foreigners coming into the uk, then say im better off going but you wanna get the benefits after you leave
    its not a benefit , you've paid for it, before they changed the rules you had to notch up 49 years for a man and 44 for a woman of paying NI contribs. now its only 30yrs.

why should Brits in certain countries get the increase and those who lived in other countries not get it ? , we're lucky the phils is one of them

Arthur here's something else wrong with the EU, i'm not really a supporter of UKIP or any party, but they look like they are the only ones who are prepared to make the changes ...

14 Repealing the EU’s Directives on the NHS
    14.1 On leaving the EU, UKIP will also immediately repeal any legislation connected with the EU Working Time Directive (Council Directive 93/104/EC). The NHS has wasted millions of pounds implementing the directive. In 2009, the President of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, John Black, said that "the vast majority of doctors think EWTD is dangerous." He went on to say that “people are going to die because of this.” This is because it forces multiple and unnecessary doctor handovers and reduces
    the time for doctor training.

14.2 UKIP will also immediately repeal EU Directive 2005/36 which allows any
    medically qualified EU national to practise medicine in the UK. Under this Directive, the British General Medical Council has no powers to check that an EU doctor has the required English language skills and professional competence. The responsibility lies entirely with the employer and in the case of Dr Ubani, this showed up serious failings in the system.
    14.3 Dr Ubani failed in his first attempt to win the right to work in the UK but succeeded with a Trust that had lower standards for professional competence and English language skills. Once granted permission, he was able to secure employment with Cambridgeshire PCT. In his first shift in 2008, Dr Ubani killed David Gray with a tenfold overdose of a painkiller and a woman had to be rushed to hospital thanks to his inappropriate treatment.

http://www.ukip.org/media/policies/UKIPhealth.pdf

it's crazy that my misses has to take 2 medical exams and an english exam (even thou she speaks perfect english) yet those from Europe or non Europeans married to non british Europeans dont have to because of EU laws , the system is

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    but if you paid in your National Insurance all of your life, don't you deserve the returns?
    Ricky the Goverment and cvil servants just treat NI as a TAX now like all the other taxes i suspect..

Lets face it with any under the age of pensionable age we have no gurantee to any state pension it would seem
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    Ricky the Goverment and cvil servants just treat NI as a TAX now like all the other taxes i suspect..

Lets face it with any under the age of pensionable age we have no gurantee to any state pension it would seem
    I completely agree, the national debt is £848.5 billion. I have the choice to pay volountary national insurance contributions, and instead have chosen to pay into a private pension and investments.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    and instead have chosen to pay into a private pension and investments.
    never put your eggs in one basket
    i would still keep the state one, look at how much private pension funds have dropped over the last few years

Thread Information