Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BA Union Boss puts it about in sleazy Bangkok bar

Banned

Angry BA Union Boss puts it about in sleazy Bangkok bar

The boss of the trade union behind the British Airways strike has admitted visiting a seedy go-go bar while on official business in Thailand.

Derek Simpson and fellow Unite official Terry Pye went to the Playskool bar in Bangkok where young women offer customers sex for £40.

Mr Simpson, 64, whose union’s membership includes thousands of women, including hundreds of female cabin crew at BA, drank beer in the bar while girls dressed only in bikinis danced on stage.

Women who work at Playskool are forced to earn a living by selling sex to customers. Their wages are cut substantially by the bar owners unless they sleep with at least nine clients every month.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0jbz3kQV0

Yet more Labour Sleaze - maybe the BA Unite Trolly Dollies should withhold their subs rather than seeing them go on funding this lecherous lumps paid for jaunts. Still if there's an expenses trough around one would expect a leech like him to bury his snout in it.

Pass the sick bag .................

i wish i had that job!, sleeping with 9 people every month
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    i can try and arrange for you , dom and scouser keith for a 3 some bornatbirth

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    All you have to do is join the brothers (and sisters) here then get elected onto the Central Committee and they will point you towards the trough

http://www.unitetheunion.com/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Dedworth View Post
    The boss of the trade union behind the British Airways strike has admitted visiting a seedy go-go bar while on official business in Thailand.

Derek Simpson and fellow Unite official Terry Pye went to the Playskool bar in Bangkok where young women offer customers sex for £40.

Mr Simpson, *64, whose union’s membership includes thousands of women, including hundreds of female cabin crew at BA, drank beer in the bar while girls dressed only in bikinis danced on stage.

Women who work at Playskool are forced to earn a living by selling sex to customers. Their wages are cut substantially by the bar owners unless they sleep with at least nine clients every month.

Yet more Labour Sleaze - maybe the BA Unite Trolly Dollies should withhold their subs rather than seeing them go on funding this lecherous lumps paid for jaunts. Still if there's an expenses trough around one would expect a leech like him to bury his snout in it.

Aye ... there's no fool like an *OLD fool!

Banned
    Big deal. Most people who visit Bangkok go to the girly bars, even if it's only for a quick peek. It's hardly a scandal. When in Rome and all that.

£40 .... They seen him 'coming'......
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Big deal. Most people who visit Bangkok go to the girly bars, even if it's only for a quick peek. It's hardly a scandal. When in Rome and all that.
    Most people aren't a high profile union boss, old enough to know better.

His union has opinions about a variety of issues including HIV amongst women in Africa - http://www.unitetheunion.com/resourc..._and_aids.aspx maybe he was doing a bit of research into similar issues in S E Asia ?

Banned
    He went to a bar where girls dance around in bikinis Scandalous Not really much different to looking at page3 in my opinion. Like I said most people, men and women, have a peek if they're in bangkok, the way Ann widdecombe's going on you'd think the guy was a pimp.

‘I wonder how the women members of the union will react to this, given that Mr Simpson is supposed to uphold the dignity of women, not exploit them.’

shes just jealous because he didnt go round hers instead
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

cheaper in Amsterdam plus you can go to a coffee shop legally

Respected Member
    Playskool is not sleazy! And the girls don't always wear bikinis . . .

Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    Playskool is not sleazy! And the girls don't always wear bikinis . . .
    What do they were then, nothing ?

Respected Member

Mr Simpson, 64, whose union’s membership includes thousands of women, including hundreds of female cabin crew at BA, drank beer in the bar while girls dressed only in bikinis danced on stage.

It would be rude not to go to a girly bar while your in bangkok woudnt it??.Not been to bangkok myself but sounds fun to me, a bit pricey thou £40

Respected Member
    I've got no problem with him visiting a girlie bar in Bangkok.

What I do have a problem with is militant, workshy unions holding the travelling public to ransom!

Derek Simpson, Bob Crowe and the rest of them should p*ss off to Bangkok and stay there!

Respected Member
    So what you are saying is that the workers should put up with anything just so people going on holiday aren't inconvenienced.

If as the papers say that their average wage is about £25000 pa, then the greeedy one is Willie Walsh on about £500,000 pa plus bonuses.

If it wasn't for uinions you would still be working six days per week for poverty wages unless you were born into a family who had no need to work.

Respected Member
    BA cabin crew are some of the best paid in the industry. If they don't like their jobs, they should just go and find a new one! We're in a recession. The rest of us have had to cope with pay cuts, redundancies and changes in working practices. Why should they be any different, just because their work has a direct impact on the public?

These type of militant unions are an anachronism. I agree that in the past, unions have had a huge positive impact on workers rights, workplace safety, fair wages, etc. They still have their place today, but not to the extent of calling strikes.

I have zero sympathy with the BA cabin crew.

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    It would be rude not to go to a girly bar while your in bangkok woudnt it??.Not been to bangkok myself but sounds fun to me, a bit pricey thou £40
    £40 =2000 baht- is actually quite cheap for Bkk gogo girl

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    £40 =2000 baht- is actually quite cheap for Bkk gogo girl
    More expensive than angeles, but it was 7years ago i was ther last so maybe same price ther now.I herd from guys that have bin bangkok, they said the girls dont speak much english, which probably good thing cuz at least you dont get ear ake from them asking for more money for taxi ride home next morning etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    So what you are saying is that the workers should put up with anything just so people going on holiday aren't inconvenienced.

If as the papers say that their average wage is about £25000 pa, then the greeedy one is Willie Walsh on about £500,000 pa plus bonuses.

If it wasn't for uinions you would still be working six days per week for poverty wages unless you were born into a family who had no need to work.
    rare i agree with anything a scouser says

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post
    BA cabin crew are some of the best paid in the industry. If they don't like their jobs, they should just go and find a new one! We're in a recession. The rest of us have had to cope with pay cuts, redundancies and changes in working practices. Why should they be any different, just because their work has a direct impact on the public?

These type of militant unions are an anachronism. I agree that in the past, unions have had a huge positive impact on workers rights, workplace safety, fair wages, etc. They still have their place today, but not to the extent of calling strikes.

I've suffered from changes in work practices, been unfairly dismissed where i had to take the employer to a tribunal, and have been made redundant 3 times in the last 7yrs, when there is no union, your employer can treat you like and get away with it.

Scarryyyyy
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

dedworth have you ever been to a gogo bar ...

he was probably taken there, and didnt know he was going there

you only know one side of the story from the dailymail , only thing thats its good for is

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesey View Post

I've a mate who's a Qualified BA Aircraft Engineer at Heathrow and there is precious little sympathy there for these overpaid waiters and waitresses - some of the so called "Cabin Service Directors" are on £70000 a year responsible for serving a few First Class passengers and pressing the reset button on the entertainment system

I've a mate who's a Qualified BA Aircraft Engineer at Heathrow and there is precious little sympathy there for these overpaid waiters and waitresses - some of the so called "Cabin Service Directors" are on £70000 a year responsible for serving a few First Class passengers and pressing the reset button on the entertainment system

http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-salary/Cabin_Crew_430

Salary Location Date
    £20,000 London 22-February-10
    £18,000 London 11-February-10
    £18,500 South East 31-January-10
    £18,000 London 28-January-10
    £22,000 East of England 22-January-10
    £20,000 London 4-January-10
    £30,000 London 18-October-09
    £30,000 London 12-October-09

not many people getting 70k there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    dedworth have you ever been to a gogo bar ...

he was probably taken there, and didnt know he was going there
    Where on earth do you get the it was not my fault, he forced me to do it angle from ?

I've been to a few - not forced all of my own free will

Banned
    http://www.mysalary.co.uk/average-salary/Cabin_Crew_430

Salary Location Date
    £20,000 London 22-February-10
    £18,500 South East 31-January-10
    £18,000 London 28-January-10
    £22,000 East of England 22-January-10
    £30,000 London 18-October-09
    £30,000 London 12-October-09

not many people getting 70k there
    Not many CSD wages quoted . As inferred by Jamesey if it is such a crap number why don't they jack it in and pitch up at Virgin or Sleazy Jet ?

DEDWORTH BEEN TO GOGO BARS

who cares if you or any union leaders have been to a gogo bar

so i take it you've never been a union member

i haven't, you see every place i've worked at didn't have a union, maybe if they did workers wouldn't be treated like sometimes.

of course there are union leaders, and sometimes they are wrong, but if it wasn't for the union and the labour party , many people would be working for

you must have heard of an 1890ish parody on what Life was Like on a Mountain Railway, ca. 1870 called Miner's Lifeguard

Miner's life is like a sailor's.
    'Board a ship to cross the waves.
    Ev'ry day his life's in danger,
    Still he ventures being brave.
    Watch the rocks, they're falling daily.
    Careless miners always fail.
    Keep your hand upon the dollar
    And your eye upon the scale.

cho: Union miners stand together,
    Heed no operator's tale,
    Keep your hand upon the dollar,

Soon this trouble will be ended,
    Union men will have their rights.
    After many years of bondage
    Digging days and digging nights;
    Then by honest weight we labor
    Union workers never fail.

Let no union man be weakened
    By newspapers' false reports,
    Be like sailors on the ocean
    Trusting in their safe lifeboats.
    Let your lifeboat be Jehovah
    Those who trust Him never fail.

You've been docked and docked, my boys,
    You've been loading two to one;
    What have you to show for working
    Since this mining has begun?
    Overalls and cans for rockers,
    In your shanties, sleep on rails.

In conclusion, bear in memory,
    Keep the password in your mind:
    God provides for every nation
    When in union they combine.
    Stand like men and linked together,
    Victory for you'll prevail,

pitty more than 100 yrs later much hasn't changed for some workers

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    £25,000 pa is hardly commensurate with being on "the breadline" ... if I'D ever been on 25 grand a year, I would've been all the way to the bank!

Banned
    DEDWORTH BEEN TO GOGO BARS

who cares if you or any union leaders have been to a gogo bar

I do because this fella proves himself to be a typical Labour hypocrite - all "Wimmins Rites" when he's gobbing off at the TUC Congress, but "how much for long time" when he's getting gushed up in the Ping Pong Banana Club.

These Cabin Crew are so exploited and underpaid that many of them aren't bothering to strike.

I do because this fella proves himself to be a typical Labour hypocrite - all "Wimmins Rites" when he's gobbing off at the TUC Congress, but "how much for long time" when he's getting gushed up in the Ping Pong Banana Club.

These Cabin Crew are so exploited and underpaid that many of them aren't bothering to strike.
    when you've got a family to feed, and your'e not a member of a union, your on your own, you put up with it or you go, thats your choice, not much of a choice when you've got bills to pay and a family to feed thou...

don't tell me dedworth employers dont rip employees off ? , if you think that your on another planet

i've seen the abuse, i was a victim of it, i've had to take 2 employers to tribunals to get the wages i was owed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information