Thread: Uk is bankrupt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    More to do with the fact that money is spent on the most ridiculous things such as 150 million on some scuplture for the olympics. In addition to overspending due to abuse of the welfare state and immigration.
    Guess you won't be applying for your wife/girlfriend to settle in the UK then in case she abuses the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Guess you won't be applying for your wife/girlfriend to settle in the UK then in case she abuses the system.
    I really dont think there is any call for a post of this tone
    We are all entitled to our opinion of course , but given the nature of what kind of forum this is, that kind of reply is misguided

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laurel View Post
    We are all entitled to our opinion of course , but given the nature of what kind of forum this is, that kind of reply is misguided
    I think all of the anti immigration posts are the ones that are not just misguided but downright offensive and are using double standards. It's ok for my Filipina to come to the UK but not others appears to be the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
    I'd rather wait on tables or sweep the streets then accept handouts from the government!

Anyway, my reference was to abuse of the welfare state, not using it when you need to!
    its not hand outs from the gov, it's tax payers money, claiming it if your entitled to it and abusing it are 2 different things

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    I think all of the anti immigration posts are the ones that are not just misguided but downright offensive and are using double standards. It's ok for my Filipina to come to the UK but not others appears to be the attitude.

which immigration posts are misguided ?

what i find offensive is the 2 different immigration systems this country has, and I find it offensive that a citizen of this country has to pay and doesn't have the legal right to bring their wife here, while a European living in this country does.

double standards, i don't think anyone is against others coming here to the UK if they are legally entitled to, abuse of the visa system is wide spread, 1million illegal immigrants are here many working illegally.

a fair system for all
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what i find offensive is the 2 different immigration systems this country has, and I find it offensive that a citizen of this country has to pay and doesn't have the legal right to bring their wife here, while a European living in this country does.
    Me too ... !

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

which immigration posts are misguided ?

double standards, i don't think anyone is against others coming here to the UK if they are legally entitled to, abuse of the visa system is wide spread, 1million illegal immigrants are here many working illegally.

a fair system for all
    I agree with you totally here Joe, but I also agree with what Scouse was trying to say.

There's a lot of anti-immigration on the forum, rightly or wrongly? aimed mainly at Eastern Europeans.

But most here, are expecting to bring there wives, husbands, fiancees etc. over here.
    the supposed "right" type of immigrant?

Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
    I agree with you totally here Joe, but I also agree with what Scouse was trying to say.

There's a lot of anti-immigration on the forum, rightly or wrongly? aimed mainly at Eastern Europeans.

But most here, are expecting to bring there wives, husbands, fiancees etc. over here.
    the supposed "right" type of immigrant?

i think you should have a legal right to be with your spouse, whether that be in the UK or the Phils or whatever other country, Europeans in the UK have that right, so why don't British people have the same rights ?

that's totally different than someone who comes on a visit visa or student visa and breaks the law by 'overstaying' ( i like how people say they are an over stayer, like its something minor that they just forgot about for years - they are illegal immigrants who have abused the system and lie, making it more difficult for everyone else) many working illegally for years, i'm sure no one is supporting them on here ???

and if your talking about people on work permits or tier 1 permits, sure the country might need certain skills, but the gov knows what skills shortages there are, why dont they get colleges and unis to train British people instead of psychology degrees

as for eastern Europeans, its not just eastern Europeans its uncontrolled immigration from Europe, estimates of million illegal immigrants in the uk, 750,000 polish came to the UK, and only god knows how many people came from the Baltic states, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Albania etc and Turkey next ? and of course they will come here, because of the better standard of living, the gov has no idea about how many people came to the uk or left the uk, its

and don't forget other govs in other countries put their own citizens first before others, as a Brit you cant even own land in the phils...

i'm not anti eastern European, my parents are from the Baltic's , im' anti EU, ever expanding unelected Union who make more laws than our own british gov that effect us all
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Again I agree with you Joe & Ricky...was just looking at it from a different view point.

Presumably migrants are all lumped together, in terms of numbers per year, from wherever they come from, or for whatever reason they came here aren't they?...I don't know?

i'm not anti eastern European, my parents are from the Baltic's , im' anti EU, ever expanding unelected Union who make more laws than our own british gov that effect us all [/QUOTE]

Lets not blame the people that come here as I have found it easier working with some Polish than some lazy ass brits....but my wages have gone down as what i belive to be a direct result of this type of immigration .. but it is not the fault of the peolpe who come here and work legally but the goverment...I guess when the immigrants start takeing the M.P,s job and doing it at a cheaper rate then they will soon put a stop to it

Thread Information