Thread: 76 year old mom denied visitors visa, help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    did you ask if the ECO manger reconsidered your visa app (and i think you sent new evidence ??) ?

if they did and they still refused your visa app, looks like it has gone to appeal and who knows it could be months
    Hi Joebloggs,
    thats the problem the man answering the phone gives out scripted replies. although he does see my moms file on the computer but all he says "we will contact you when we have news". my mom asked him if he could guide her on what to do and he gave her the answer of "it normally takes 2 months or sooner". yes we did give new evidence. after my moms email yesterday, she just got an automated reply. so i think getting it this week, wont happen.

6 days to go before our departure and my mom hasnt heared from the british embassy. with monday being a non working day, we have 3 days for a miracle...

my mom got the call from the embassy today and her visa has been approved! she picks it up tomorrow with a 1 hour wait to attach visa to her passport! now this add the excitement we were all looking for! its a mad dash to pack, book her tickets, get some cash today! thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by darlamoon View Post
    my mom got the call from the embassy today and her visa has been approved! she picks it up tomorrow with a 1 hour wait to attach visa to her passport! now this add the excitement we were all looking for! its a mad dash to pack, book her tickets, get some cash today! thanks everyone!
    11th hour - right enough, Darla! But still ... at least your mom now HAS her visa. I'm so pleased ... just wish she [indeed all of you] had been spared the (unnecessary and otherwise avoidable) anxiety!

HI Arthur, well we are back from our 2 week vacation and we had a wonderful time. all the anxieties that we went through seems like a distant past. i am glad she did get her visa and wont have to tick the box which asks if you were ever denied a visa in the past. so now we sort out all the photos taken...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darlamoon View Post
    Congrats Darla and wish your Mom will do enjoy in visiting other country.
    I have friends in Holland, UK and Norway who were so excited to invite their Moms but they all didn't finish their validity of stay. Elderly seems much enjoy more with family in Pinas than family abroad.

Thread Information