Thread: hi

hi

hello.....my name is Joyce and i'm new here....i've got this problem about my situation...i am 28 year old Filipina,divorced from my Japanese exhusband since last year and i've got a British bf.i've got my divorce paper from Japan and is going to have it recognize here in Philippines..i applied for settlement visa in UK early this year and got refused because they found out that i am still married in Japanese here in Philippines...i am going to work on my divorce paper and have it recognize here but i am a bit confused as i have read in vfs site that if i am divorced i have to have my divorce papers or any proof that process of divorce is on going together with the other required papers for applying for fiance visa..if i can produce any proof that recognition of my divorce abroad is on process,will that be consider and will i have any chance that i could get the visa i needed so i can join my fiance in UK so we can get married there???i really need to know if there is anybody here who has same problem as i have.......answer needed urgently... thank you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nayumi02 View Post
    hello.....my name is Joyce and i'm new here....i've got this problem about my situation...i am 28 year old Filipina,divorced from my Japanese exhusband since last year and i've got a British bf.i've got my divorce paper from Japan and is going to have it recognize here in Philippines..i applied for settlement visa in UK early this year and got refused because they found out that i am still married in Japanese here in Philippines...i am going to work on my divorce paper and have it recognize here but i am a bit confused as i have read in vfs site that if i am divorced i have to have my divorce papers or any proof that process of divorce is on going together with the other required papers for applying for fiance visa..if i can produce any proof that recognition of my divorce abroad is on process,will that be consider and will i have any chance that i could get the visa i needed so i can join my fiance in UK so we can get married there???i really need to know if there is anybody here who has same problem as i have.......answer needed urgently... thank you.....
    Hi Nayumi and welcome to the forum...we got all our own stories to tell and thank you for sharing yours. my situition is a bit similar with yours i was thinking to lodge my fiance visa application without the decree absolute will include only letter from his lawyer stating that the divorce is on going..i keep thinking about it all day if i will lodge my application next week or just to wait for the decree absolute...i been searching here in the threads if someone did the same thing before but can't find one...im worrying that without the decree my application will be refuse and i don't want that to happen...but i want to be with my fiance so much..

Given the cost of the visa application I don't think it is worth applying for a fiancee visa if your still legally married. The purpose of the fiancee visa is to allow you to come to the UK to get married which you must do within six months, so they are unlikely to issue a visa if you're not free to marry yet.

Welcome to the forum Nayumi
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    Hi Nayumi and welcome to the forum...we got all our own stories to tell and thank you for sharing yours. my situition is a bit similar with yours i was thinking to lodge my fiance visa application without the decree absolute will include only letter from his lawyer stating that the divorce is on going..i keep thinking about it all day if i will lodge my application next week or just to wait for the decree absolute...i been searching here in the threads if someone did the same thing before but can't find one...im worrying that without the decree my application will be refuse and i don't want that to happen...but i want to be with my fiance so much..
    hi there cheeky thank you for sharing your own situation...just want to know how many months will it take to have my divorce abroad be recognize here in Philippines??

welcome to the forum nayumi!

hi there cheeky thank you for sharing your own situation...just want to know how many months will it take to have my divorce abroad be recognize here in Philippines??
    Nayumi for you to have a better idea the best thing to do is to seek an advice from a lawyer... every counrty is different is in regards for divorce/annulment...where did u get married in japan or philippines? Is your japanese husband filed the divorce in japan? my

Respected Member
    Hi Welcome, good luck!

if you can get your lawyer or judge to state in wiriting that you'll have your decree absolute within 6 months, then you could try and apply for a fiancee visa.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

hello.....my name is Joyce and i'm new here....
    ... , Joyce ...

hello....i've got this problem about my situation...i am 28 year old Filipina,divorced from my Japanese exhusband since last year and i've got a British bf.i've got my divorce paper from Japan and is going to have it recognize here in Philippines..i applied for settlement visa in UK early this year and got refused because they found out that i am still married in Japanese here in Philippines...i am going to work on my divorce paper and have it recognize here but i am a bit confused as i have read in vfs site that if i am divorced i have to have my divorce papers or any proof that process of divorce is on going together with the other required papers for applying for fiance visa..if i can produce any proof that recognition of my divorce abroad is on process,will that be consider and will i have any chance that i could get the visa i needed so i can join my fiance in UK so we can get married there???i really need to know if there is anybody here who has same problem as i have.......answer needed urgently... thank you.....
    ... with Iain's post. Speaking for myself, I know very little about divorce proceedings ... particulary those applicable to other countries. However, I believe that, in the light of the time these things seem to take to finalise, and ... as Iain points out ... the cost of UK Settlement Visas, it would be sensible to defer any application until a more definite outcome is reached.

We are indebted to the two ladies for sharing their respective experiences ... and wish each of them Godspeed in being reunited with their loved ones!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    We are indebted to the two ladies for sharing their respective experiences ... and wish each of them Godspeed in being reunited with their loved ones!!
    thanks Arthur Little I been so down for the past few days coz the divorce of my fiance is so slow..... desperate to be reunited with my fiance... so no more saying goodbye and drama in the airport..im hoping that next week will hear some good news from my fiance lawyer that the financial settlement is complete and the decree has been applied for ...but if there is no good news ill cry like this....

thank you so much guys...it really did help a lot on me....i'll be starting working on my divorce abroad be recognize here in Philippines....cross fingers and hoping that fate will be on our side this time....thank you so much.....

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    to the forum Nayumi and hope you enjoy it here!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    to the forum Nayumi and hope you enjoy it here!
    thank you guys for the warm welcome.....i'm spending my time here mostly aside of course fb......

Thread Information