Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: approaching a lady in the shop/street

approaching a lady in the shop/street

no i am not a perv (at least not on this occasion ) but i was in tesco today when i saw/heard a young lady who sounded filipino.

i thought about approaching her to ask if she lived local and about the local pinay community, for when my wife comes over soon (hopefully )

then i stopped myself cos i thought that she might think i was just trying to hit on her.

what do you ladies think?

how would you feel if some stranger approached you like this>??

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    no i am not a perv (at least not on this occasion ) but i was in tesco today when i saw/heard a young lady who sounded filipino.

i thought about approaching her to ask if she lived local and about the local pinay community, for when my wife comes over soon (hopefully )

then i stopped myself cos i thought that she might think i was just trying to hit on her.

Classic post especially as i know you ....in my line of work i quite often meet and Pinnoys and always drop in a few words of Tagalog which always seem to get a laugh and make a starting a conversation a lot easier .....already have a couple of locals who want to meet up and make chika chila when the princess arrives .

Well, I'M not a lady ... but I really don't think there'd have been any harm in approaching this woman. Besides all you needed to do was simply explain to her WHY you'd done so, and ... on that basis ... she'd have no reason for suspecting you'd any ulterior motive in asking a perfectly question.

".....So if a man you've never met before suddenly gives you flowers....kick him in the crotch cause he's probably a psycho!...."

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    I think that's the way fellas in the UK are programmed to think now, that if you even dare to strike up a conversation with a lady who's a stranger you'll have a sexual harrasment case on your hands, or a kick in the nuts

I was in a nightclub a few years ago and bumped into a girl and it was one of them where you step to the left to let her past, she goes the same way, you step right, she goes same way and so on until your doing a funny dance together. I laughed at it and she looked at me like I was turd she'd just stepped on. Typical really It's attitudes like that always made me apprehensive about approaching western ladies.

... all the replies so far have been from the male gender ... so c'mon ladies, let's be having YOUR views ...

No problem at all Sparky its cultural over here I cant count the times a checkout girl has asked me ,where im from ,how long im staying , where i live and what im doing tonight so your conversational gambit is very laid back just pop your cell number into her hand and wait for contact
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    well there's nothing wrong if some guy i dont know would approach me..as long as he has explained well what he wants (i.e. asking questions and be a friend) and be a gentleman..it's just in a matter of the ways the guy would approach a girl for it to be called offensive or not.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Depends on how i woke up that day
    We woman got a defense mechanism
    My advice is that u should have tried to speak even a little tagalog phrase and when she glance back at you,then you'll know shes filipina..
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

I sometimes mistake Nepal girls to be Filipina cause they've also got that smile and I think Thai girls also can look similar..

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

Banned
    My advice is that u should have tried to speak even a little tagalog phrase and when she glance back at you,then you'll know shes filipina..
    And if she's not a filipina she'll think you're

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    And if she's not a filipina she'll think you're
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Im not in UK and Im not married to a Brit but if I am, and another Brit guy approaches me while in a store and starts a conversation.....then my reaction would depend on HOW he approaches me.....I think if he asks me nicely then I don't see any reason why I should not reciprocate the same. I would be very glad to be of help in any way to make his pinay girl feel welcome in UK "too".

I do think you should be careful where you approach ie make sure plenty of people around for both your sakes. Whereever she is from she may have a reason why she dont want some guy speaking to her at that moment in time.

But why not ask make sure you thought though what you wanna say as to make sure she understands clearly as you wont know her level of English. If she misunderstands you may find suddenly her hubby being called

Also you may find like my Wife although she would never be rude to a request she has had a her fair share of meeting Fillipinas she could have done with out meeting but of course many she has met in the weirdest fashion who are great friends. So she is cautious of the oh my wife is phill your bound to like her

Nothing personal to your Wife Sparky as one good mate by coincidence met a phill lady online somehow and when it looked real serious for a while the Wife was like oh I hope she is nice as I know everyone gonna think we have to be buddies as we both pinays. They were very different in background, region,dialect and outlook in life from what i gathered. So helping her settle was one thing wheter they would be buddies was another matter

Ie just as we dont get on with every Brit we ever meet do stop n think not every phill will feel they have to get on with every phill but thats not to say they will help her and make her welcome
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Just do what I do .... walk up and ask them how much?
    Keith - Administrator

So long as you don't approach them, looking like THIS ... ... or even like his [less] lusty wee brother!!

You could say you were from immigration I am sure she would speak to you.
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFifer View Post
    You could say you were from immigration I am sure she would speak to you.
    Sure, Gary ... mair like' the puir wee sowel wid rin a mile!

normally i am in a suit so i suppose look sort of official i guess

all i want is my wife to settle well here

having been an expat myself i know how important it is to have your own kind in a strange country

normally i am in a suit so i suppose look sort of official i guess
    ... without looking TOO official ... as you MIGHT do in a uniform! BTW, as this was last Sunday, am I to assume you were on your way home from the 'Lord's House'?

all i want is my wife to settle well here

having been an expat myself i know how important it is to have your own kind in a strange country
    I'm sure you DO ... and she WILL!

as a fllow up to this thread i went to my local chicken shop today for a spot of lunch and who should be serving me but this very same lady

so she gives me my change and i say salamat
    she ignores me
    so i ask her -are you philippino and strike up a conversation and then she gets all excited cos my mrs will be moving to the area and tells me she knows the local food shop for dried fish etc. couldnt bloody shut her up in the end

still dunno why she didnt understand my salamat- might have been my broad manchester accent

as a fllow up to this thread i went to my local chicken shop today for a spot of lunch and who should be serving me but this very same lady

so she gives me my change and i say salamat
    she ignores me
    so i ask her -are you philippino and strike up a conversation and then she gets all excited cos my mrs will be moving to the area and tells me she knows the local food shop for dried fish etc. couldnt bloody shut her up in the end

still dunno why she didnt understand my salamat- might have been my broad manchester accent
    i told my missus that dried fish is illegal here mate , so no teaching her bad habits pls

hmm i think its best you let your wife decide who she wants to meet and experience it for herself?

i know your trying to help, i have tried the same thing to encourage my wife to meet up with fellow filipinas, the only ones she met herself are her friends now
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

hmm i think its best you let your wife decide who she wants to meet and experience it for herself?

i know your trying to help, i have tried the same thing to encourage my wife to meet up with fellow filipinas, the only ones she met herself are her friends now

havnt u got better things to do on ur honeymoon than post on this thread

[QUOTE=mistermatty;222894]i told my missus that dried fish is illegal here mate , so no teaching her bad habits pls[/
    havnt u got better things to do on ur honeymoon than post on this thread]

Put her at her ease straight away by mentioning your wife. "Excuse me, my wife is coming over from the Phillipines soon and ......" then she'll know you're not trying to hit on her.

Quote Originally Posted by English Rose View Post
    Put her at her ease straight away by mentioning your wife. "Excuse me, my wife is coming over from the Phillipines soon and ......" then she'll know you're not trying to hit on her.
    sparky forgot to say he was wearing a gorilla suit at the time

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    sparky forgot to say he was wearing a gorilla suit at the time
    you may laugh at that but i do have one.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information