Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Gifts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What Gifts?

Although this question has been asked a few times in the past, we have a number of folk who are heading out to the Phil in the next few months?

This question is mainly to the ladies in the Phil. What gifts should Brits take for you, family, etc?

One thing to Brits, don't take 9ct Gold ... it's like toy metal out there
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member
    Hermes Bag, perfume and make up

Quote Originally Posted by cessxy View Post
    Herpes Bag
    Keith - Administrator

lots of chocolates for my niece and sisters...perfume,and make up,clothes,face cream...next time will be my LV bag can't wait for it....but the best gift of all is to see my one and only love, my fiance colin...

Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    my one and only love, my fiance colin...
    yes sis love my husbands 'special prezzie' for me as always tied in red ribbon
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Although this question has been asked a few times in the past, we have a number of folk who are heading out to the Phil in the next few months?

This question is mainly to the ladies in the Phil. What gifts should Brits take for you, family, etc?

hmm..if you'd ask me.. Havaianas size 37/38 hahahaha ...LOL! I don't think you guys have that there... for me, it doesn't matter if the guy would bring gifts or not..but i think most families would expect him to treat them out to dinner or something that would make the whole family meet him, spend time with him and know him more..well, just what i think..haha..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

electronic gadgets :
    netbook , laptop,router,play station ,mobile fones for my daughter and i,

foods/sweets/alcoholic beverages
    guinness and cider,mars bars, cadburys ,hobnobs, rowntrees fruit pastilles,(share with mums and aunts)

footwear(my favorite)numerous nikes trainers,heelys for my daughters,

etc...
    footie shirts,baseball cap,germolene, e45

this is some of the gifts my husband brought me..ain't i a lucky girl??

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    electronic gadgets :
    netbook , laptop,router,play station ,mobile fones....
    OH YEAH!!! THESE WOULD BE GREAT!!!!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    OH YEAH!!! THESE WOULD BE GREAT!!!!
    And I bet they would be! Wow! Some of you women sure have expensive tastes!

I've not had a single surprise prezzie from a partner/girl I've been seeing in my whole life! It's also a complete waste of time me buying any for anyone as they always end up finishing with me for no obvious reason and I'm left stuck with their presents!

electronic gadgets :
    netbook , laptop,router,play station ,mobile fones for my daughter and i,

foods/sweets/alcoholic beverages
    guinness and cider,mars bars, cadburys ,hobnobs, rowntrees fruit pastilles,(share with mums and aunts)

footwear(my favorite)numerous nikes trainers,heelys for my daughters,

etc...
    footie shirts,baseball cap,germolene, e45

this is some of the gifts my husband brought me..ain't i a lucky girl??
    And perfume Hunnie i think it was cold water by david hasselhoff

Quote Originally Posted by Notavirusalso View Post
    cold water by david hasselhoff
    thats why it took u so long to find it...

Hunnie, its Cool water by Davidoff

Trusted Member
    thats why it took u so long to find it...

Hunnie, its Cool water by Davidoff
    yes, no Hassell

Trusted Member
    The list is growing rapidly ! 10 shopping days to go !

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

... an LSO (London Symphony Orchestra) t-shirt, mugs, cd's, pen, ect; music scores for strings or full orchestra (its hard to find one here and its quite expensive), gold violin strings ; perfumes and lipsticks

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    money lotsa money
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

MY suitcase is allways a lot lighter on my return trip

Quote Originally Posted by Notavirusalso View Post
    MY suitcase is allways a lot lighter on my return trip
    my fiance said the same thing...i can even get inside his suitcase

When Philip visited me in Philippines He never brought any pasalubong because i asked him not too. I dont want my family t get used to having pasalubong, also i have a very big family so it will cost him a lot, but he treat them for meals etc.

Even when i went home i still didn't buy any gifts simply because i cant afford. Instead i used the money to treat my whole family to meals, drinks, we went to star city, skating, billiards, bowling etc.

But i think perfume, mobile phones, wines and cigarettes are nice gifts..

Great post as always Tonet! What a lot of the Ladies forget is one day you will most likely be in the UK and the family if they get used to lots of presents from the British will expect from whoever comes back.. Unless you are very lucky and very well off then you will find it expensive.
    The hubby may not always come back with you (plenty of examples on here) and if your working you may find your forking out a lot thinking hey family im here also not just my Money....

Always get practical gifts or like Tonet suggests have great days out with all the family.. When the family members and friends dissapear off to munch the chocolate or play with the flash gadgets you brought and ignore you even if for a short while you may regret it when im guessing most of you may only spend a few weeks pers year there max once in the UK..

Why would i need to tip or pay my wife for favours and vice a versa????

If you think you need to pay your partner to love you then get the number of relate ready especially with the economy possibly heading south in the near future...
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Wow! Some of you women sure have expensive tastes!
    My thought exactly. Am so glad my girl's not materialistic. Any guys reading this, just get chocolates or pick up some perfume at the airport, don't go overboard, you'll just be making a rod for your own back.

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    My thought exactly. Am so glad my girl's not materialistic. Any guys reading this, just get chocolates or pick up some perfume at the airport, don't go overboard, you'll just be making a rod for your own back.
    well i think the important thing is he is happy doing it and he can afford it...my fiance is so happy buying things for me...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeky View Post
    well i think the important thing is he is happy doing it and he can afford it...my fiance is so happy buying things for me...
    That's fair enough, but there's lots of blokes who make that first trip who can't afford it. They'll stumble across this and think they're going to have to buy notebooks etc And, of course, start to worry that the girl they're going to meet is just in it for the money and gifts

Would have been nice to see more replies like Rayna's -

for me, it doesn't matter if the guy would bring gifts or not..but i think most families would expect him to treat them out to dinner or something that would make the whole family meet him, spend time with him and know him more..well, just what i think..haha..
    I just hope ///Tony\\\ hasn't been reading some of the answers

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Maybe more expensive gifts (as long as you can afford it of course) once you have met at least a couple of times & things are going well, but such things as netbooks, mobile phones and laptops @ the first visit is going overboard and like said, could make things worse for yourself in the future if such things come to be expected each time.

Perfume, chocolates, make-up, toiletries and jewellery (non-gold/prescious stones etc of course because of customs) all sound good ones to me, but some are tricky for a guys to buy (such as make-up!) especially if you want them to be surprises which I like to do!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Maybe more expensive gifts (as long as you can afford it of course) once you have met at least a couple of times & things are going well, but such things as netbooks, mobile phones and laptops @ the first visit is going overboard and like said, could make things worse for yourself in the future if such things come to be expected each time.

Perfume, chocolates, make-up, toiletries and jewellery (non-gold/prescious stones etc of course because of customs) all sound good ones to me, but some are tricky for a guys to buy (such as make-up!) especially if you want them to be surprises which I like to do!
    If its a long term relationship and your marrying into a family really get to know the family.

We buy presents for eveyone from Lolas Grave (Cross and rosearys from Vatican) to Lolo who wanted some tools as many of the Male family wanted, I managed to bulk buy a load of PSPS and DS's for the kids with games both fun and educational, obtained loads of not needed any more Mobiles from various sources. Many of the ladies who all got smellies and makeup from the wife who is in the trade with the older more religious ladies getting various Vatican blessed rosarys and other items. The younger girls all got clothes some new some nearly new all very happy.

Various friends and relatives wanted small in cost but impossible to get in phill items like Jam07 LSO gifts.

One of the best gifts we got was a small solar powered charger which charged both a very basic phone (in cpw often u can get 5 or 10 brand new phones in sales) and a torch which meant one of the Maids could take to her small shack where the family have no lecccy. All the family happy as they were worried when one time she was walking home and was attacked by a drunk as that night it was pitch black and missed her shack
    We hope to send in the follow up box the wife fills with what she gets requested for another solar charger for them and a little radio and some of those solar charged lights which her aunts house already have and work rather well.

Far better to get priceless gifts than prcey gifts.

Like many of the ladies say of course they like gifts but make them practical as well as a few fun ones (even perfume and make up are practical to a lady like a shaving foam is to a guy) and have some thought behind them.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

nothing to do with being materialistic,,, my hubby just likes me to have nice things which we can afford..and he knows he gets a fantastic b10wjb for his thoughtfullness.... if he turned up at the airport and said " oh hi hunnie..brb just gonna buy u some chocolates as i didnt bother thinking to bring u anything at all... he will be lucky to have a handjob

nothing to do with being materialistic,,, my hubby just likes me to have nice things which we can afford..and he knows he gets a fantastic for his thoughtfullness.... if he turned up at the airport and said " oh hi hunnie..brb just gonna buy u some chocolates as i didnt bother thinking to bring u anything at all... he will be lucky to have a handjob
    last february my fiance keep asking what gift i want for valentines i said i don't want anything just want to see u...but still he bought me a new perfume again even i have plenty of them already....

Banned
    nothing to do with being materialistic,,, my hubby just likes me to have nice things which we can afford..and he knows he gets a fantastic b10wjb for his thoughtfullness.... if he turned up at the airport and said " oh hi hunnie..brb just gonna buy u some chocolates as i didnt bother thinking to bring u anything at all... he will be lucky to have a handjob
    So the more he spends the more he gets

So the more he spends the more he gets
    Not really my hubby shares what he can give me and me to him as well when he gets home here he got lots of prezzies from me too like tshirts,summer/combat pants,flip flops and we enjoy lots of sensual lovemaking,..i guess thats all that matters having in each others arms
    and
    a vibrating cellphone

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    Pleasures by Estee Lauder and Clinique Happy!
    You can have a bottle of Manc Sewage Water and like it

..and he knows he gets a fantastic b10wjb for his thoughtfullness....
    .... any video's
    Keith - Administrator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information