hello i just joined!

heres a quick background to put you in the frame....

i met my gf 11 months ago and we are very happy together although long distance relationships can be tough sometimes.
We are both 23 and my gf has 1 daughter (age 3) from a previous relationship but they were never married.

I was going to go visit jenny in the philippines but since jenny has never been abroad or had a big vacation i thought it would be more fun and exciting for her if she came to visit me first in the uk.
So i looked into the process and got a vaf1 form for vacations.

my gf had no passport when i met her but she now has one one hurdle out the way.

i was told buy a friend that the application would likely be rejected and i would be better to go for a fiance visa? but we just want to meet really we are not at that stage yet. what is your adivce???

any help is greatfully recieved. thanks

i am aware i need to provide:

a letter of invite,
copy of my passport x2,
birth certificate,
6 months bank statments,
6 months wage slips,
employment certificate - postion salary, no of days leave allowed and dates specified ar ok with my boss to take.
letter of sponsor - explaining why the visit is happening, our relationship, and why jenny is visiting at the given time.
and a letter regarding the accomodation provided and that it is all free ot her.

and i think jenny needs to provide:

valid passport
photo (same as passport style)
VAF 1 Oct 2006 form fully completed,
and the appropriate fee.

im i right or have i missed anything?

i dont want to mess things up for her as she is all excited about meeting me in person and having a good vacation here.

essay over!
thank you/salamat if you made it this far!!!