Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: working and being a wife

Banned

working and being a wife

how many here that thre husband allow thre wife to get work even with 3 litle children and how many are the husband dont allow the wife could understand we settle to uk and not as OWF or overseas Filifino working . am just curious

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    hi, i am a stay at home mum and housewife hubby won't let me work, i have a 16 year old son
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Banned
    isnt it too bored maria i mean u know what i mean lol we sometimes need self fullfillment..and dont want to ask money all our life to our husband

seems my husband doesn't want me to work either once in the UK...well i find a stay home mum and a wife a very fulfilling job..as of asking money...well no need i got his cash point and manage our money lol

Banned
    quite lucky u are then..and sounded you are "DONYA" type good for you mrs lucky she got a wife

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    quite lucky u are then..and sounded you are "DONYA" type good for you mrs lucky she got a wife
    Am not "DONYA" lol ...it should be that way i guess..husbands give their salary to their wife and wife budget the money for the family...i feel lucky coz he entrusted me to manage our finances

Banned
    filifino are use to be like that not all but traditionally...this days its rarely in a way you were one of the lucky ..your husband trusted you that much which is should be well you know what i mean....what part are you in uk ??

hiMy Asawa don't want me to work,but im the one insisted that while he is in uk i will work coz i feel bored at home..i feel like im disabled..Not used to just at home and just waiting for him to come home,cook,infront of tv and computer...I want to achieve something and thank god he said he will let me work,but i have to stop if his boss schedule him in other country coz i need to come with him...Like right now he is working in singapore for 2 months..then we are here in singapore then go back to uk by middle of june and i hope i can find a not permanent job as he is always out of the country and i dont want to be left alone...My body feel weak when im not working and always stress,eventhough he is giving me all i need and everythign i want i still want to buy on my own money and buy him a gift from my own salary....
    Donald16Mhae ::

Banned
    If any of you are getting bored at home, pls feel free to come round to mine. I can find you plenty to do

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    filifino are use to be like that not all but traditionally...this days its rarely in a way you were one of the lucky ..your husband trusted you that much which is should be well you know what i mean....what part are you in uk ??
    be in derbyshire...monday

Respected Member
    I support my fiance of many years, and once we eventually.... get married will continue to. We agreed from the start that i'd prefer for her not to work, and rather be a at home to support our family properly, and with one more child expected in September it wouldn't be sensible for her to work.
    I suggested that if she was bored, she could do some volounteer or charity work.

Banned
    Good question Ross! If I have baby, I will not work because I don't wanna feel dizzy and headache at work. I hate puyat and love to sleep.
    I never go to work if I'm puyat.
    I will just stay home and look after them.
    If I need money to pay bills, I'll let hubby to make money for the meantime 'til kids turned 7.

You're right, it's not a good feeling to ask money from husband.
    But when hubby given me financial freedom, that made me feel great as I want to manage my own money and he pays all the bills. That is more relaxing for me than giving me his wages and manage bills.
    If no job, the government and hubby gives allowance and spend my time studying.

i've been here for four years now and m still a housewife, husband didnt want me to work coz i have a young son...got part time b4 working at my home (babysitting twice or once a week for 3 yrs, but its ended now coz the wee boy i've been looking for is now in nursery school)...my hubby wanting me just to look for a part time job in my local area...just to do something to make me busy and not stuck in the house all the time while my hubby and son are not around...

Now that we have 2 kids...after my second maternity leave i was about to turn up to work but my husband was begging me not to come back Afterall i wont be getting much I get more in staying at home
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

i work and i love working evrsince even when i was in phil, i want my day always busy hehehehehe! its nice that you earn money on your own as well, but if your husband dont want you to work and he can support you thats better! why not , !

you filipinas do what your husband says

my misses has never listened to me

i thought marriage was btw partners, next your'e all be wearing burkas

maybe your husband is worried you'll be earning more money than him

i think i need to send my misses to visit you all, and teach you to stand up for yourslef.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Hello Ross!!

What is an advantage for one type is disadvantage for another. These are just the two sides of a coin. You cannot have the whole world.
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post

i think i need to send my misses to visit you all, and teach you to stand up for yourslef.
    on my part it's my personal choice...i love being a stay home mum and wife and not b'coz hubby wants me to. Hubby is always supportive in everything i wanted to do and so I am to him

Hi Joe

Ha ha ha you made me laugh....
    Your missus is so lucky to have finished what she wanted to become here. Hopefully me too while im looking after the boys and stay at home mum
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    seems my husband doesn't want me to work either once in the UK...well i find a stay home mum and a wife a very fulfilling job..as of asking money...well no need i got his cash point and manage our money lol
    WHOLEHEARTEDLY with YOUR philosophy! In fact, it has always been my belief that - where there are young children in a household - the mother's place OUGHT be at home with her kids ... until the youngsters have reached school-age at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    WHOLEHEARTEDLY with YOUR philosophy! In fact, it has always been my belief that - where there are young children in a household - the mother's place OUGHT be at home with her kids ... until the youngsters have reached school-age at least!
    Hi Arthur how are you?

Agree with that
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Hi Arthur how are you?

Agree with that
    Hi, Ann ... lovely to hear from you. I'm very well, And YOU ...? YOUR two little boys won't be so wee now!!

I've just finished posting a new thread to happily announce my delight at Myrna & I becoming great-aunt and uncle to my brother, Douglas's first grandchild - ANOTHER wee boy, funnily enough! It seems he weighs more than nine pounds ... so, clearly, HE'S not altogether small either!

Best regards, my friend.

Hi, Ann ... lovely to hear from you. I'm very well, And YOU ...? YOUR two little boys won't be so wee now!!

I've just finished posting a new thread to happily announce my delight at Myrna & I becoming great-aunt and uncle to my brother, Douglas's first grandchild - ANOTHER wee boy, funnily enough! It seems he weighs more than nine pounds ... so, clearly, HE'S not altogether small either!

Best regards, my friend.
    Im good...thanks Arthur Aye, they are big now hehehehe... still wee's for me though lol

Wow, Congrats big baby. My boys weighs more than 9 pounds too when they where born

Take care you both
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    I agree with this too, buy sadly that isn't always possible nowadays with the increasing costs of things, especially property/mortgages compared to several years ago as they have since increased at a far greater rate than peoples wages. My parents first house was a 3-bed semi and my dad supported my mum. No way could most people do that now as you'd need to earn a very good wage, which in these current times isn't so easy! I'm now on my 2nd year with no salary increase after a paltry £600 the year before!

Banned
    thanks for comments, advice and etc it just am feeling at the moment well we all know what i mean

cheers everyone

what about the father Arthur, where's his place ? work and the pub
    Arthur times change, as South-east boy has said, for many families both have to work, and that means she has to work and juggle being a mother.

once they reach 4, and go to school. what does a house wife do all day ?

if your wife wants to work, what right do you have to tell her she can't
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

what about the father Arthur, where's his place ? work and the pub
    Arthur times change, as South-east boy has said, for many families both have to work, and that means she has to work and juggle being a mother.
    A father's place? Work, yes ... ; the pub, no! Indeed, if some men spent less time in the latter ... and more time with their kids ... there'd be a greater amount of disposable household income to be derived [in terms of wages] from the former to support their wives and families AND cover many of the basic essentials!!!

But then, that's purely my PERSONAL opinion - and I daresay there are lots of folk who would disagree with me.

Banned
    I totally agree with Arthur, as I have on other threads over the same subject. It's the way it's been for thousands of years - the man works (or hunts), the woman raises the kids and looks after the household. It's only more recently this has changed, and I honestly believe it's no coincedence that this has coincided with many of the problems we see in society today

http://www.factsforlifeglobal.org/03/

And if you say the womans place is at home and you get called a chauvinist

once they reach 4, and go to school. what does a house wife do all day ?
    Well ... if you read again, the second sentence of the first post I submitted on this topic - around 8 hours ago, now - you'll see I've compromised by emphasising ... I quote: "... UNTIL THEY'VE REACHED SCHOOL-AGE, AT LEAST!".

And I continue to stand by that particular statement!

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    I totally agree with Arthur, as I have on other threads over the same subject. It's the way it's been for thousands of years - the man works (or hunts), the woman raises the kids and looks after the household.
    http://www.factsforlifeglobal.org/03/
    Exactly! for providing the link, Paul ... and especially for your much-needed support with this "thorny" debate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information