Thread: working and being a wife

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    seems my husband doesn't want me to work either once in the UK...well i find a stay home mum and a wife a very fulfilling job..as of asking money...well no need i got his cash point and manage our money lol

Banned
    quite lucky u are then..and sounded you are "DONYA" type good for you mrs lucky she got a wife

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    quite lucky u are then..and sounded you are "DONYA" type good for you mrs lucky she got a wife
    Am not "DONYA" lol ...it should be that way i guess..husbands give their salary to their wife and wife budget the money for the family...i feel lucky coz he entrusted me to manage our finances

Banned
    filifino are use to be like that not all but traditionally...this days its rarely in a way you were one of the lucky ..your husband trusted you that much which is should be well you know what i mean....what part are you in uk ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    filifino are use to be like that not all but traditionally...this days its rarely in a way you were one of the lucky ..your husband trusted you that much which is should be well you know what i mean....what part are you in uk ??
    be in derbyshire...monday

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    seems my husband doesn't want me to work either once in the UK...well i find a stay home mum and a wife a very fulfilling job..as of asking money...well no need i got his cash point and manage our money lol
    WHOLEHEARTEDLY with YOUR philosophy! In fact, it has always been my belief that - where there are young children in a household - the mother's place OUGHT be at home with her kids ... until the youngsters have reached school-age at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    WHOLEHEARTEDLY with YOUR philosophy! In fact, it has always been my belief that - where there are young children in a household - the mother's place OUGHT be at home with her kids ... until the youngsters have reached school-age at least!
    Hi Arthur how are you?

Agree with that
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Quote Originally Posted by Ann07 View Post
    Hi Arthur how are you?

Agree with that
    Hi, Ann ... lovely to hear from you. I'm very well, And YOU ...? YOUR two little boys won't be so wee now!!

I've just finished posting a new thread to happily announce my delight at Myrna & I becoming great-aunt and uncle to my brother, Douglas's first grandchild - ANOTHER wee boy, funnily enough! It seems he weighs more than nine pounds ... so, clearly, HE'S not altogether small either!

Best regards, my friend.

Hi, Ann ... lovely to hear from you. I'm very well, And YOU ...? YOUR two little boys won't be so wee now!!

I've just finished posting a new thread to happily announce my delight at Myrna & I becoming great-aunt and uncle to my brother, Douglas's first grandchild - ANOTHER wee boy, funnily enough! It seems he weighs more than nine pounds ... so, clearly, HE'S not altogether small either!

Best regards, my friend.
    Im good...thanks Arthur Aye, they are big now hehehehe... still wee's for me though lol

Wow, Congrats big baby. My boys weighs more than 9 pounds too when they where born

Take care you both
    LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    I agree with this too, buy sadly that isn't always possible nowadays with the increasing costs of things, especially property/mortgages compared to several years ago as they have since increased at a far greater rate than peoples wages. My parents first house was a 3-bed semi and my dad supported my mum. No way could most people do that now as you'd need to earn a very good wage, which in these current times isn't so easy! I'm now on my 2nd year with no salary increase after a paltry £600 the year before!

Banned
    thanks for comments, advice and etc it just am feeling at the moment well we all know what i mean

cheers everyone

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    My parents first house was a 3-bed semi and my dad supported my mum. No way could most people do that now as you'd need to earn a very good wage, which in these current times isn't so easy! I'm now on my 2nd year with no salary increase after a paltry £600 the year before!
    I disagree! Wages have - for the most part - generally been proportionate to the cost of living. As my age indicates, I am a State Pensioner ... but I'm also in the fortunate position of being in receipt of a modest occupational pension.

However, this year, the current economic recession has meant I've had to forego my customary annual index-linked increase in the latter. Yet Myrna and I still manage to get by well enough financially ... possibly because we don't incur the added expense involved in the upkeep of a car!

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    I disagree! Wages have - for the most part - generally been proportionate to the cost of living. As my age indicates, I am a State Pensioner ... but I'm also in the fortunate position of being in receipt of a modest occupational pension.

However, this year, the current economic recession has meant I've had to forego my customary annual index-linked increase in the latter. Yet Myrna and I still manage to get by well enough financially ... possibly because we don't incur the added expense involved in the upkeep of a car!
    Maybe property is cheaper where you are or you had good wage increases, but there are not many 25 year olds now that could buy a 3 bed semi valued at £220k as their first house and be able to support their house-wife as well. Most first time buyers are now in their mid 30's and even then they can't buy a 3 bed semi as their first house on a single income. You'd need to earn around at least £65k+ and sadly I earn nowhere near that! In 2003-2005, during certain periods, I saw the type of property I was looking for increase in selling price in just a couple of months by what I earnt in a whole year!

what about the father Arthur, where's his place ? work and the pub
    Arthur times change, as South-east boy has said, for many families both have to work, and that means she has to work and juggle being a mother.

once they reach 4, and go to school. what does a house wife do all day ?

if your wife wants to work, what right do you have to tell her she can't
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    what about the father Arthur, where's his place ? work and the pub
    Arthur times change, as South-east boy has said, for many families both have to work, and that means she has to work and juggle being a mother.
    A father's place? Work, yes ... ; the pub, no! Indeed, if some men spent less time in the latter ... and more time with their kids ... there'd be a greater amount of disposable household income to be derived [in terms of wages] from the former to support their wives and families AND cover many of the basic essentials!!!

But then, that's purely my PERSONAL opinion - and I daresay there are lots of folk who would disagree with me.

once they reach 4, and go to school. what does a house wife do all day ?
    Well ... if you read again, the second sentence of the first post I submitted on this topic - around 8 hours ago, now - you'll see I've compromised by emphasising ... I quote: "... UNTIL THEY'VE REACHED SCHOOL-AGE, AT LEAST!".

And I continue to stand by that particular statement!

Well ... if you read again, the second sentence of the first post I submitted on this topic - around 8 hours ago, now - you'll see I've compromised by emphasising ... I quote: "... UNTIL THEY'VE REACHED SCHOOL-AGE, AT LEAST!".

And I continue to stand by that particular statement!
    i totally agree with sir arthur...base on my experience being a fulltime mum and wife is a bit harder than being employed. it's a 24 hours duty 7 days a week as household chores never ends... and i think husband should give their wife a credit to that...and once the children start go to school its about time the wife give some time for themselves....shopping alone...go to salon or a sneak date with hubby

if your wife wants to work, what right do you have to tell her she can't
    None whatsoever, admittedly. IF she were really keen to go out to work, I'd be the last person to object to her wishes. But perhaps I'm lucky ... in that, MY missus - who has no dependent children - is perfectly content with being a plain housewife!

Having said that, Joe ... my wife - like yours - is a professional lady. Yet, she is unable to find a job in line with her field of expertise without re-training. Conversely, she has already found she's considered too highly-qualified for working in say, a residential establishment for the care of the elderly. And besides, in my opinion, the physically strenuous nature of the duties involved in such an environment are better-suited to a younger person, than undertaken by someone who is aged fifty-one!

Banned
    I agree with you Arth, but sometimes husband works only part time let's say 20 hrs/ week so a wife really need to work and husband can look after the kids.

The cost of living here is high and child benefits is not that big. I will probably work although it's a disaster for me working for little amount and pay bills.

Or I should stay at home and let hubby to work for more.

Thread Information