Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally in the Philippines !

Trusted Member

Finally in the Philippines !

Hi everyone, after 32 years I have returned ! Not on the internet much while I'm here but just to say I'm having a great time, no jet lag!
    Already "done" Roxas Boulevard, Manila Bay at sunset, Jeepney rides, "Divisoria" + other malls, election rallies + free t shirts (not to be worn here!), swimming in a public pool, and tomorrow night an Aegis Band Concert in Quezon City
    After THE election (Philippines 10 May !) leaving Manila for Cebu and Bohol
    I may be travelling alone ... but with trusted forum friends as contacts, so much to do, + beautiful scenery (friendly as well ) I'm not lonely!
    Now for some health advice ...oops, sorry no time!
    Ingats friends !

Good for you Doc...Im sure its a very different place since your last visit!
    Look forward to hearing more tales..
    Regards

Respected Member maria_and_matt's Avatar
    glad to hear you are having fun doc, stay safe! hope to hear more stories of your adventure there
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things i can and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people i had to kill because they pissed me off.

Good to hear that doc!!! enjoy !!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Have you grabbed some single woman yet and married her yet? Come on Alan, you're a bit slow, you'd never make a scouser
    Keith - Administrator

Respected Member South-east boy's Avatar
    Glad that you're having a good time there! It's still cold here @ 10C and raining today! Wish I was there! Have you met any forum members yet?

welcome back to the philippines nice to hear ur enjoying the country

Glad to hear you're enjoying your stay in our country. Have fun and take care always...
    Welcome to Philippines
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

enjoy doc! im sure you will enjoy and like aegis band my ghosh i miss them singing high notes! take care and god bless you always!

Quote Originally Posted by South-east boy View Post
    Glad that you're having a good time there! It's still cold here @ 10C and raining today! Wish I was there! Have you met any forum members yet?
    You mean in the flesh
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Alan, my friend ... good of you to take time out to notify us of your movements over the few days since you "touched down on Philippine soil" for the first time since 1978. Clearly it has already been both an exciting and exhilarating experience - with lots more to follow - and I imagine you've noticed quite a number of changes!!!

I know you'll be looking forward immensely to Aegis Band's performance this evening - being one of the group's staunchest [British] fans. Next, you're off to Cebu and Bohol, eh? Does Mindanao (notably Davao) also feature in your plans?

Wisely, I see - in the event of Monday's elections approaching fever-pitch - you've decided to hold the T-shirts in reserve for wearing on Scarborough beach!!!

Looking forward eagerly to further updates.

Take Care & God Bless.

Banned
    I wish you the best of stay kaibigan!

Enjoy!!!!

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    its good to know that you finally made it!!

your have to let us all know how you got on with your gf, i hope it goes well for you

oh btw if you have the time, why do i have a numb hand?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bab View Post

oh btw if you have the time, why do i have a numb hand?

Over use....???

Thumbs up

Hello Doc Alan,
    Good to hear you are enjoying your stay, am looking forward to hearing more about it espically Bohol, but all of it, enjoy.
    Mick.

Had dinner with Doc tonight and we are off to salvador for some down and dirty cultual delights tomorrow in fact texts are flying even as i type My body guard skills will come in handy and im looking forward to the commision Dom
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    Alan Alan...Keith Keith

Absit invidia

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Have you grabbed some single woman yet and married her yet? Come on Alan, you're a bit slow, you'd never make a scouser
    The wedding is on Tuesday 18 May, several forum members will be there to confirm my presence, and all will soon be revealed

Now you've got my attention - glad you're having a great time over there - and looking forward to finding out exactly 'who' is getting married.....

Absit invidia

Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    Hi everyone, after 32 years I have returned ! Not on the internet much while I'm here but just to say I'm having a great time, no jet lag!
    Already "done" Roxas Boulevard, Manila Bay at sunset, Jeepney rides, "Divisoria" + other malls, election rallies + free t shirts (not to be worn here!), swimming in a public pool, and tomorrow night an Aegis Band Concert in Quezon City
    After THE election (Philippines 10 May !) leaving Manila for Cebu and Bohol
    I may be travelling alone ... but with trusted forum friends as contacts, so much to do, + beautiful scenery (friendly as well ) I'm not lonely!
    Now for some health advice ...oops, sorry no time!
    Ingats friends !
    Have fun there and im glad that you like it even though when i got there a month ago, it was extremely hot as it is summer anyway, but i like to be under the sun and so becoz of that i got sun burn when i stayed all day under the sun when i went to the beach with my family..........But i love summer....
    *** Signature way too big - ADMIN ***

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

I know you'll be looking forward immensely to Aegis Band's performance this evening - being one of the group's staunchest [British] fans. Next, you're off to Cebu and Bohol, eh? Does Mindanao (notably Davao) also feature in your plans?
    The Aegis Band manager contacted me to say that concert was cancelled because of the election. But I sang one of their songs in karaoke at a fiesta before the election
    As Keith Angel has informed you, I'm in Cebu now and Bohol tomorrow ; sadly won't make it to Mindanao (or many other places on my list) this time, as I'm in Luzon for the wedding on Tuesday.
    I'm really sorry not to have much time for the internet while I'm here, and I appreciate all the messages.
    However, I've taken many photos and kept a diary, which (hopefully) will make for interesting threads when I return to the UK.
    I managed to witness the voting, have seen Dom's wedding photos, and met some interesting people - that's 3 threads for starters, then there's the Luzon wedding...and another chance next week to meet Aegis Band...but my time in the internet cafe is up

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan.....who's getting married?

(Have fun my friend)

marriage???

did two forum members go looking for love and find each other

after a drunken night and spending the night together, alan as done the right thing and proposed to keith
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Actualy although my lips are sealed I can confirm we both have an interest in gynacology hic
    Absit invidia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Actualy although my lips are sealed I can confirm we both have an interest in gynacology hic

I always thought that Alan's speciality and interest was in corpses...

Banned
    gynacology of corpses, that don't sound right to me

sadly won't make it to Mindanao
    Next time eh?

Peoples hobby,s are up to them after all
    Absit invidia

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information