Thread: Overstay 29days,need help please!

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Overstay 29days,need help please!

so sad,
    My spousal visa expired 29days ago and i was wondering what can happen to me for not renewing in time? We were desperately trying to get the money together but the Indefinate leave to remain visa is about 900 pounds . We just didnt have that money as I am not working and my husbands job does not pay overtime anymore.
    Today we got enough money Applying for settlement ,but i am worrying about the home office rejecte my application because my spouse visa expired .
    Any advice?

Many thanks !

you could have applied for FLR which would have cost you £475 by post.

have you passed the life in the uk test ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Erm.... you're now an illegal immigrant and should have contacted the IND rather than just letting it lapse. You could easily have got a loan/overdraft if you'd explained it to the bank.
    Keith - Administrator

thaks i have passed life in the uk.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Erm.... you're now an illegal immigrant and should have contacted the IND rather than just letting it lapse. You could easily have got a loan/overdraft if you'd explained it to the bank.
    The UKBA even accepts credit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ziyouqihang View Post
    thaks i have passed life in the uk.
    yes you've got yourself a problem now..

either you apply for ILR asap and write a cover letter, explaining things , well what can i say, you knew the expiry date on your visa, and i dont think you saying that you didnt have the money is a good enough excuse, if he cant afford a visa for you, how can he support you ?

but a more acceptable reason would have been something like, if you had thought that your visa expired at the end this month, and in a cover letter you explained it was a genuine mistake you might have had a chance. but they could well refuse your visa and you dont get a refund.

or leave the country and apply for another spouse visa, cost of an air ticket and the cost of a settlement visa is more than the cost of ILR.

i can't tell you what to do, but seek free legal advice from your local law centre..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Many thanks your replys !

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes you've got yourself a problem now..

either you apply for ILR asap and write a cover letter, explaining things , well what can i say, you knew the expiry date on your visa, and i dont think you saying that you didnt have the money is a good enough excuse, if he cant afford a visa for you, how can he support you ?
    Just a comment there Joe the 900 quid (an exobitant amount of money for a stamp) is the thing that may be making it dificult to support its a very wise person who knows a year ahed what they will be earning next year
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Just a comment there Joe the 900 quid (an exobitant amount of money for a stamp) is the thing that may be making it dificult to support its a very wise person who knows a year ahed what they will be earning next year
    It is a lot of money, but you know you are going to have to apply for it and you have 2 years to save up for it.

but one of the conditions of being granted ILR, is that you can support your partner without recourse to public funds, and not been able to afford the visa demonstrates your struggling or can't

like others have said, borrow, beg , use your credit card or loan etc to get the money for the visa..

i've probably paid more than most on here in visa fees (more than £4,000) and i got the money by which ever means i had to ( .. ) all £4k went on creditcard.. another flexible friend

Thread Information