Thread: uk tourist visa checklist-savings acct/coe/sponsorship,etc-help!!!

Newbie (Restricted Access)

uk tourist visa checklist-savings acct/coe/sponsorship,etc-help!!!

hi, i'm new on this site & i'm reading as much as i can regarding uk visit (as a tourist) w/c i'm planning to do by the end of this yr. the problem is i've yet to come up w/ the checklist (esp the savings acct) since i only have a minimum (5k) in my acct right now, although i'm employed for 3yrs now in a bpo industry. but my brit bf is willing to pay for my ticket, i'm too embarrassed to ask him for any money (i'm working so i shld have savings, right?). do i have a chance of being approved, given the status of my bank acct? so there, that's my dilemma. i want to be with him but i can't get past that fear of being denied since i don't have any money. i know this is a very common question but i just want to try asking anyway. any advise is welcome. peace! :-))

Respected Member
    I presume your brit bf is willing to pay for more than just your ticket, and will be paying for any expenses (eg food, travel, maybe accommodation, etc) in the UK and will provide a letter to say so and proof he can afford it?

If so you don't have to have any savings to stand a chance of being approved.

thnx darren-b!!

that gave me a bit of hope. yeah, i'm sorry i failed to mention it, he's willing to pay for all of my expenses while i'm there coz i'll be living with him anyway (so he's stuck with me)i just need to make sure i submit all the documents needed. cheers!!! big thanx again! X

Respected Member
    Good luck with your application, but please don't raise your hope too much. My g/f has recently been turned down for her Tourist Visa, despite me being able to show substantial savings and assets, a good salary and a nice home in the UK.

The reason for refusal was that the Immigration department at the UK Embassy didn't think that she could demonstrate sufficient reason to return to the P.I. What has become clear to me is that whilst having a sponsor is important, the over riding factor is that you must be able to demonstrate beyond reasonable doubt that it is your intention to return back to the P.I.

I would suggest that you get a letter from your employer stating that they will keep your job open for you, so that you can return for employment. Also show some kind of family tree that demonstrates close family ties and again another good reason to return.

It is a lottery, but good luck anyway.

I agree,proper planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.
    Always check the vfs website for the updates.
    and keep reading the forum.
    Goodluck
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

hello,

i applied for a tourist visa 3 years ago, had my own money in the bank Php 50,000, had a letter of support from my ex bf, husband now and his employment certificate proving that he can support me and is willing to pay for my airfare. However, i was still denied. I was adviced to get a fiancee visa instead of tourist visa because my reason is to see my bf. they would usually deny your tourist visa because you should be applying for a fiancee visa. At least, should you decide to go back to Philippines within 6 months with your bf, you can still do so without having to resort to marriage should you decide to leave the country

Good luck!!! this site is very useful keep reading old post re visa app.
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

thanx for the advise, my only problem is really my savings account (or what's left of it!). i've been with the same company for 3yrs now so i think that would give me a lot of reason to go back, & yeah, i have to ask my employer a letter, sort of letting me on leave for a month at least. i don't have plans to staying there for more than a month, i have to earn my living here too! :-)). i hope your girlfriend will be granted a visa. keep hoping! thanx again!

yup. you're right. i have to really take time to read the forum and updates. it does always pay to be prepared, however discouraging at times :-(

thank a lot. i'll keep you all posted!

thanx for sharing. i don't want to apply for anything other than a visit visa coz we're just on 'getting to know each other' stage. it'll just be for a month & he's very stable in UK & it's just my savings account that i think is questionable. i really need to read the forum for more help. thanx for the advise, greatly appreciated.

thanx for the encouragement. 'need all that i can get!

englishman 2020 - i hope ull be with ur mahal soon. don't lose hope! :-))

Sars_notd_virus -big thnx, need all advice i can get.

icecreamlady- thnx for sharing ur experiences. we can nver be too sure:-)

marlyn&kenny - thanx for the encouragement. 'need it badly!

you'll all hear from me again!

soo sorry about the wrong smiley icon there.
    didn't mean to be offensive.

i've got much respect to this site. cheers!!!

yep. one problem for me as well. i own a internet shop but i never open a bank account. i do have atm card on my previous work. but not really a savings account. my bf from uk is going to provide me everything as we decided to apply for visit visa. any opinion from this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tondogirl View Post
    yep. one problem for me as well. i own a internet shop but i never open a bank account. i do have atm card on my previous work. but not really a savings account. my bf from uk is going to provide me everything as we decided to apply for visit visa. any opinion from this?
    If you own an internet cafe, your business permit would be helpful and your ITR as well. You can start your savings and deposit your daily income on your account.

Respected Member
    Hi layza,

I read your sentiments, and we have same thoughts also. However, we havent started yet in our application. Thats why Im thinking of fiancee visa, coz tourist visa might be in doubt for approval. Anyway, just happy to see this site and some people who are willing to help and share their thoughts. We are still working on some documents to submit. Hope to exchange notes with you...

By the way, Im also new in this site. My Irish-Brit bf and I just met last month.

Ann

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    haha..now i'm a little relieved that i'm not the only one with the prob of not having enough savings after working for a long time..whew!

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    haha..now i'm a little relieved that i'm not the only one with the prob of not having enough savings after working for a long time..whew!
    I think there are plenty of us in that group
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Respected Member
    hi layza,

hope you dont mind keeping in touch with you? im in facebook (febmary_ann). Maybe we can share something...with our applications...

regards,
    Ann

Question UK Tourist Visa

Hello everyone! Im new here, would just like to ask if a joint account that I share with my father is valid and good for the bank requirement needed to obtain a UK Tourist Visa.. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by darrenesa View Post
    Hello everyone! Im new here, would just like to ask if a joint account that I share with my father is valid and good for the bank requirement needed to obtain a UK Tourist Visa.. thanks!
    Darrenesa ... to the filipino/uk forum.

A couple of quick questions to start with:
    How long do you plan to stay in the UK? And are you being *sponsored by someone ... e.g., a boyfriend ... for the duration of your visit? You see, the British Embassy needs firm evidence - such as an employer's letter - as proof that you have a job to return to in the Philippines ... and hence will not exceed the validity period of any visa granted; secondly, you'll be expected to show that you're either self-supporting financially (with, if necessary, extra help from the bank account you share with your father - depending on how much it amounts to!) ... or by some other means, such as through your *sponsor to ensure you don't have to resort to claiming public funds whist in the UK.

But ... aside from the considerations already mentioned - and without wishing to appear unduly pessemistic - I ought to alert you to the fact that Tourist Visas are notoriously difficult to obtain in the current economic climate ... the good news being, that at around 70 GBP, the outlay is a fraction [about one tenth] of the cost of the Settlement kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by marlyn&kenny View Post
    Good luck!!! this site is very useful keep reading old post re visa app.
    Marlyn ... just noticed you're currently online. Are you and your baby now in the UK with Kenny??

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Darrenesa ... to the filipino/uk forum.

A couple of quick questions to start with:
    How long do you plan to stay in the UK? And are you being *sponsored by someone ... e.g., a boyfriend ... for the duration of your visit? You see, the British Embassy needs firm evidence - such as an employer's letter - as proof that you have a job to return to in the Philippines ... and hence will not exceed the validity period of any visa granted; secondly, you'll be expected to show that you're either self-supporting financially (with, if necessary, extra help from the bank account you share with your father - depending on how much it amounts to!) ... or by some other means, such as through your *sponsor to ensure you don't have to resort to claiming public funds whist in the UK.

But ... aside from the considerations already mentioned - and without wishing to appear unduly pessemistic - I ought to alert you to the fact that Tourist Visas are notoriously difficult to obtain in the current economic climate ... the good news being, that at around 70 GBP, the outlay is a fraction [about one tenth] of the cost of the Settlement kinds.

thank you for the reply.. it's just gonna be a vacation so maybe 2-3 months the most, can I still go back to consume the other months left since 6 months is alloted for a tourist visa, or does it mean it is valid for 6 months since the time a visa is granted?

As for the sponsor, I'll be spending for the trip myself, although I have a friend there who Im planning to visit and he will serve as my tour guide but I'd rather not say that information to the embassy as it might make things complicated? I need some inputs about this if its better to say that I am meeting someone there or not?

For the security evidence, I have (2) savings account with P100k+ each, checking acct /bank statements, insurance, other savings acct & time deposits i share with my father (this is what im concerned about if joint accounts are valid), business permit, municipal license, and the fact that I am an only child and can't leave my aging father for long.

I didn't know tourist visa for the uk is hard to obtain :(

Thank you in advance for the replies

hmm what happened to my reply

I posted a reply but it didn't show up, oh well I guess I have to just repost everything again:

Thank you for the reply mr.Arthur.. my stay might last for only 2-3 months since its just a vacation, another concern is can I still consume the other months left since 6 months is granted for a tourist visa or does it mean it is valid for 6 months from the time it is granted?

As for sponsorship, I will be shouldering for the trip myself, although I have a friend in Banburry that I am planning to meet and he could act as my tour guide. I need some inputs please if I should or need to share that info with the embassy or will it just make things complicated?

For the security evidence, I have (2) savings acct with Php 100k+ each, checking acct / bank statements and other savings acct & time deposits that I share with my father (this is my concern if joint accounts are valid) I can also provide business permit, municipal license and proof of billings (telephone, credit cards, etc)
    and the fact that Im an only child that cannot leave my aging dad for long.

I didn't know that tourist visa for UK is hard to obtain :(

Thank you very much in advance for the replies and inputs

Thread Information