Thread: uk tourist visa checklist-savings acct/coe/sponsorship,etc-help!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenesa View Post
    Hello everyone! Im new here, would just like to ask if a joint account that I share with my father is valid and good for the bank requirement needed to obtain a UK Tourist Visa.. thanks!
    Darrenesa ... to the filipino/uk forum.

A couple of quick questions to start with:
    How long do you plan to stay in the UK? And are you being *sponsored by someone ... e.g., a boyfriend ... for the duration of your visit? You see, the British Embassy needs firm evidence - such as an employer's letter - as proof that you have a job to return to in the Philippines ... and hence will not exceed the validity period of any visa granted; secondly, you'll be expected to show that you're either self-supporting financially (with, if necessary, extra help from the bank account you share with your father - depending on how much it amounts to!) ... or by some other means, such as through your *sponsor to ensure you don't have to resort to claiming public funds whist in the UK.

But ... aside from the considerations already mentioned - and without wishing to appear unduly pessemistic - I ought to alert you to the fact that Tourist Visas are notoriously difficult to obtain in the current economic climate ... the good news being, that at around 70 GBP, the outlay is a fraction [about one tenth] of the cost of the Settlement kinds.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Darrenesa ... to the filipino/uk forum.

A couple of quick questions to start with:
    How long do you plan to stay in the UK? And are you being *sponsored by someone ... e.g., a boyfriend ... for the duration of your visit? You see, the British Embassy needs firm evidence - such as an employer's letter - as proof that you have a job to return to in the Philippines ... and hence will not exceed the validity period of any visa granted; secondly, you'll be expected to show that you're either self-supporting financially (with, if necessary, extra help from the bank account you share with your father - depending on how much it amounts to!) ... or by some other means, such as through your *sponsor to ensure you don't have to resort to claiming public funds whist in the UK.

But ... aside from the considerations already mentioned - and without wishing to appear unduly pessemistic - I ought to alert you to the fact that Tourist Visas are notoriously difficult to obtain in the current economic climate ... the good news being, that at around 70 GBP, the outlay is a fraction [about one tenth] of the cost of the Settlement kinds.

thank you for the reply.. it's just gonna be a vacation so maybe 2-3 months the most, can I still go back to consume the other months left since 6 months is alloted for a tourist visa, or does it mean it is valid for 6 months since the time a visa is granted?

As for the sponsor, I'll be spending for the trip myself, although I have a friend there who Im planning to visit and he will serve as my tour guide but I'd rather not say that information to the embassy as it might make things complicated? I need some inputs about this if its better to say that I am meeting someone there or not?

For the security evidence, I have (2) savings account with P100k+ each, checking acct /bank statements, insurance, other savings acct & time deposits i share with my father (this is what im concerned about if joint accounts are valid), business permit, municipal license, and the fact that I am an only child and can't leave my aging father for long.

I didn't know tourist visa for the uk is hard to obtain :(

Thank you in advance for the replies

Thread Information