Thread: amir khan

Banned

amir khan

iif ne1s local...cs9 1pm sunday british boy amir khan.....big UP

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

I think cs9 is a TV channel here Joe and khan fights Paulie Malignaggi today and we get to watch it for free...
    Something like that.

Banned
    well done fred for breaking it down, some ppl are slow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ras66uk View Post
    you could try writing in english, innit ne1
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Banned
    easy

Quote Originally Posted by ras66uk View Post
    sorry i didn't realise i had to decode it , i thought a cat had walked on your keyboard or you had too many

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Take no notice of the old folks Ras, they aint down with the kids like you and I is. Keep your eye on the what browser are you using thread, could be fun

Banned
    yeah safe triple, if they came down 2 my endz south london they wud probably get merked anyways wiv that attitude... ill check that thread out

He was wrong..It was on Solar sports , not channel 9.
    Regardless..Amir looked pretty good...

Banned
    Just downloading it now. If Khan sticks with Freddie Roach he could be a legend in ten years time.

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Just downloading it now. If Khan sticks with Freddie Roach he could be a legend in ten years time.
    The problem with amir will always be his glass chin..As he moves up to better opponents he`s gonna get caught eventually and kiss the canvas..IMO.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    The problem with amir will always be his glass chin..As he moves up to better opponents he`s gonna get caught eventually and kiss the canvas..IMO.
    You mean again? He really was humiliated by that Prescott, who was outboxed by another brit recently Kevin Mitchell.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Khan will never be a legend all because of Roach Just like others who have been feed pups over the years, I won't bore you with the list of so called world class fighters who has failed, Khan is one of them to add. They have made millions on the back of bullsh-- and the suckers have swollowed, good for them.

Banned
    Bit early to write him off isn't it If he can go and beat the other top fighters in that division - bradley, alexander and maidana - then step up a weight and win a belt, he'll certainly be thought of as a top 10 P4P fighter What do you think it is about him that means he will fail? Don't mention the Prescott knockout. Even Pacquiao was knocked out in his younger days.

Whatever happens its a good division with a lot of quality fighters so should be some quality fights to look forward to over the next few years.

Freddy roach, one of the best trainers this century.
    Not done Manny Pacquiao any harm.

Trainer of the Year by the Boxing Writers Association of America in 2003, 2006, 2008 and 2009.

Im not writing him off as hes a good boxer with power and bloody fast.. Pacquiao was stopped with a body shot if I remember right which is different to being chinny..
    He will probably fight maidana next and that guy can knock anyone out if he connects.
    Khan can out box him but he mustn't get caught or it`ll be lights out.

Banned
    Watched the Khan fight today. Bit boring towards the end, as he was so dominant. Should be a good fight if they can make it with Maidana, nowhere near as easy as malignaggi. You're right Fred it was a body shot that KO'd Manny.

Banned
    Roach was also manager of that carpet layer from manchester. If your chin is suspect, which Khan's isn't it's a fact then, he won't last. He has only lasted this long because of what he is being feed.
    One example. Tim witherspoon, over weight and past it at the time, up against our own Frank Bruno. Terry Lawless thought he made a right move, WRONG.
    Khan, a nice family man as he his will go the same way, because of that chin every man and his dog knows about.
    Ricky Hatton was found wanting against Mayweather and his last mauling. All 3 had good managers. Roach gave an explaination on what the differences are between sets of fighters and it was a good read. A good manager can only do so much, the rest is up to him to take onboard, Hatton was not able to do that, were Mammy is.
    Just my oppinion

Banned
    Are you saying Roach managed Hatton I hope they make the Maidana fight for Khan, then we'll see how his chin is. That said, I thought he looked very good defensively the other night, getting his gloves up very quickly whenever malignaggi got near him. That's what makes Mayweather so good, he's so hard to hit.

Banned
    He did look good, he looked good because of who he was fighting.
    Against a superior fighter, it wont be the same.
    The day will come for him, I hope not too soon because I like him as a human being, a good example to all of that age.
    I remember watching reruns of that Foreman ali in 74' you could see the fear in ali's eyes at the end of that 1st round. He was one of the few I can remember being able to shake it off.
    As for Hatton, the poor guy was wetting his pants, I could smell the fear and I was in Cavite at the time!
    Mammy Mayweather, I'd fancy Mayweather, my heart say's Mammy but, my head say's not.

Cotto was beaten before there meeting (Mammy) and he was there to be taken, Cotto's heart was taken previously.

Thread Information