Thread: Settlement Visa for my elderly parent!!

Settlement Visa for my elderly parent!!

Hello everyone. My mother applied for a settlement visa yesterday. I was wondrin whether anyone in this forum had any experience about it. We would love to know how long it took for the visa to come through and whether you need to attend an interview. I am really worried I've tried my best to provide as much documentation to show I can support my mom once she gets here. Not only that we have to pay Php120,960 for the visa which I dread to think we will loose should the visa get refused.

how old is your mother?, and does she have any other relatives in the phils? (probably a daft question ) and does she have money of her own?, have you been supporting her ?

very difficult visa to get because of my second question about other relatives..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    yeah i agree with joe, difficult 2 get, by d way, why did she pay so much? i thought its 50,000pesos or summin round dat amount

My mom is 66 years old and based on the information I have gathered she does qualify for a visa as an elderly dependent so as long as I can support her. She does have relatives and immediate family members (my siblings- 1. my sister who is married with 2 children not working and husband is a government employment earning about Php15,000 in this case she isnt capable of supporting my mom. Sibling number 2 my younger brother is unemployed and is depending on my sister for accomodation and food). She does have money but not enough and so I have to support her each month. I hope that answers your question. I hope and pray her visa gets approved as she is on her own now since my father passed away july last year. And my daughter only has 1 grandparent left I want her to be able to experience and have a recollection how fun it is to have a grandma when she grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by ras66uk View Post
    yeah i agree with joe, difficult 2 get, by d way, why did she pay so much? i thought its 50,000pesos or summin round dat amount
    Hi ras66uk the settlement visa used to be 34,000 something pesos but it has gone up since april 6 2010 to an exhorbitant rate of Php120,690. I'm a wee bit discouraged by your responses but I'll leave it up to fate. If she is meant to be here then we will be very pleased as a family.

Quote Originally Posted by proud2bepinay View Post
    My mom is 66 years old and based on the information I have gathered she does qualify for a visa as an elderly dependent so as long as I can support her. She does have relatives and immediate family members (my siblings- 1. my sister who is married with 2 children not working and husband is a government employment earning about Php15,000 in this case she isnt capable of supporting my mom. Sibling number 2 my younger brother is unemployed and is depending on my sister for accomodation and food). She does have money but not enough and so I have to support her each month. I hope that answers your question. I hope and pray her visa gets approved as she is on her own now since my father passed away july last year. And my daughter only has 1 grandparent left I want her to be able to experience and have a recollection how fun it is to have a grandma when she grows up.
    well you've applied so you know what you need to prove
    does your mom have a pension or savings ?

you might struggle with this part..
    - you have no other close relatives in your own country to help you

but if you don't try you will never know
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thread Information