Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what web browser are you using?

what web browser are you using?

i have always used the latest IE for my online vices and saw google chrome looking at me, so i gave it a try...wtf have i been doing all this time

i didnt realise a different web browser could make so much difference to the speed of using the web.

google chrome is so fast and the web pages are almost instant compared to IE, i often thought it my internet what was so slow.

so give it a try!!
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Firefox for me

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post

...google chrome is so fast and the web pages are almost instant compared to IE, i often thought it my internet what was so slow.

so give it a try!!
    I am using Google Chrome too! It's definitely faster than IE and even Mozilla! after I've started using Chrome, I never opened IE again, unless I accidentally clicked the icon..hahaha
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

now i have been converted, i will try firefox but i cant see it being much faster.

have you tryed all the different browsers?

... 'Google' in my case ... with Tiscali - now 'Talk-Talk' - as my server ... but my PC seems to be working at a slower pace overall since the takeover!

Nothing new, I suppose!

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    now i have been converted, i will try firefox but i cant see it being much faster.

have you tryed all the different browsers?
    Yes i have..well except Netscape..haha..but i still prefer Google Chrome over IE and Firefox..
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

i'm happy with firefox
    will try g.chrome tomorrow see if it will make me happier
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    ... 'Google' in my case ... with Tiscali - now 'Talk-Talk' - as my server ... but my PC seems to be working at a slower pace overall since the takeover!

Nothing new, I suppose!
    im with talk talk too, but was using the latest IE until a few days ago and yes IE was slow with them until i changed browser.

are you sure your using google chrome??!

To be perfectly honest, though ... I know very little [if anything!] about the technical aspects of computers. And, moreover, I tend to use mine more as a glorified word processor-cum-typewriter!

are you on the talk talk home page?

click the google chrome above the talk talk header

sorry arthur try this link,they must of changed the above http://www.google.com/chrome

Banned
    Opera, which barely ever gets a mention, has been my choice the past few years. Recently switched to chrome which does seem quicker, especially for streaming videos.

Thumbs up

Hi all,
    I have been using IE8 but after reading this thread am now trying google chrome, and it does seep to be faster on this site.
    Mick.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    Opera, which barely ever gets a mention, has been my choice the past few years. Recently switched to chrome which does seem quicker, especially for streaming videos.
    I've used Firefox for years, just started using Opera Mini on my Blackberry

Fastest is Opera, then Chrome, IE8, Firefox....
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    i'm happy with firefox
    will try g.chrome tomorrow see if it will make me happier
    Got g.chrome today ..cool
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Fastest is Opera, then Chrome, IE8, Firefox....
    Another opera user Oh why will nobody else listen I'm sure a lot of their features have been copied by the others. I'm finding chrome faster now though, which is a pain reorganizing bookmarks.

Using two browsers, Mozilla and IE. I should try goggle chrome
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Respected Member
    I've been using Firefox for about 6 months, I only ever use IE when I'm completing on line forms that will only work in IE. I've been meaning to try Chrome, but as Firefox is pretty robust and doesn't crash like IE, I cant really see the point in changing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Englishman2010 View Post
    I've been using Firefox for about 6 months, I only ever use IE when I'm completing on line forms that will only work in IE. I've been meaning to try Chrome, but as Firefox is pretty robust and doesn't crash like IE, I cant really see the point in changing.
    Me too, too much faffing(london talk I think, must be this younger generation on here now or banned) about for my liking, I'll stay with Firefox.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Me too, too much faffing(london talk I think, must be this younger generation on here now or banned) about for my liking, I'll stay with Firefox.
    I've don't like the modern street/urban way of talking or writing. I don't consider myself to be particularly old or a fuddy duddy, but I do feel that as an Englishman/Briton, English should be written and spoken the way I was taught at school, ie, with correct spelling and grammar if possible. It just seems more respectful to write in a way that others can understand and will appreciate.
    Naturally exceptions apply to our friends who don't use English as their Mother Tongue. However, most of our non British friends write in a way that is more understandable than the urban way of speaking.
    Oh yes, back on topic, I will stick with Firefox too

I've don't like the modern street/urban way of talking or writing. I don't consider myself to be particularly old or a fuddy duddy, but I do feel that as an Englishman/Briton, English should be written and spoken the way I was taught at school, ie, with correct spelling and grammar if possible. It just seems more respectful to write in a way that others can understand and will appreciate.
    ... nor do I ... especially if written or typed. Moreover, when I was at school - a lot longer ago than YOU, admittedly - we were taught to avoid the use of slang.

Obviously, of course, allowances have to be made for people with learning difficulties and/or who happen to be dyslexic But apart from that, there's no excuse for it!

As for the spoken word and manner of pronunciation ... well, I suppose a lot depends on the "locality" in which one is brought up.

Naturally exceptions apply to our friends who don't use English as their Mother Tongue. However, most of our non British friends write in a way that is more understandable than the urban way of speaking.
    Oh, absolutely ... with you - on both counts; indeed, I'm given to understand that English is the medium of instruction in the Philippines!

"Oh yes, back on topic ..."
    I shouldn't worry about straying ... most of us DO at times. And besides - for ME, at least -you've 'hit the nail on the head' in drawing attention to a subject I've always felt particularly strongly about!

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    faffing (london talk I think) about
    ... it's an expression often used up here in "Jockland" too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

Obviously, of course, allowances have to be made for people with learning difficulties and/or who happen to be dyslexic But apart from that, there's no excuse for it!

As for the spoken word and manner of pronuciation ... well, I suppose a lot depends on the "locality" in which one is brought up.
    Young people today Arthur Im shocked
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

There is no one perfect Browser its worth having a selection of Browsers I find.

Always a good one is Opera (Turbo mode handy for those with slow conenctions or 3g) Thats why Opera are huge on mobile phones. In a nutshell it processes the webpage on a server and speeds up the process and compresses the data. On high speed adsl lines not so useful but on those with slower speed lines can make a big differece many find..
    It can also insome cases reduce the amount of data downloaded in a typical browse handy for those on a limited data allowance..
    It does not work so well on certain types of page but still useable.

IE is IE and some websites will only open with IE.

Firefox is all about the addons although many power users dont have so much time for it as it become a tad on the bloatware side recently.

Chrome is fast as is safari which both use the webkit engine but some people have concerns with how google may use their data...

There are other choices but many are bulit on the same engines so little difference from one to another technically but may have a function/layout that you find handy so worth simply playing with..

As I mentioned in another post just now its worth also checking the settings on your router ensuring your DNS is setp and not on autodetect . Most servers are easy to browse into and change the DNS and one of the Wife's friend found when constantly clicking on facebook pages it made a bigger difference than changing browsers,o/s and device..
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

You can get an addon for Firefox so you can switch the enginge over so it acts ike IE as you say very handy for those sites which only work with IE..

The best add on for Firefox has gotta be no script.

You could spend money on a way overpriced Ipad and use the Apple browser that doesn't support Flash
    Keith - Administrator

Are there add block and noscript plug-ins for chrome or opera?
    I currently use firefox but a less bloated and equally secure browser would be well worth a try.

last pass for chrome i think and Opera is blockit.

THe no script developer is hoping in the future that when Chrome gets certain functionality that he can port it over. Be intresting what happens with Chrome 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information