Thread: What a way to make a few pesos... grrr

Banned

What a way to make a few pesos... grrr

My missus was robbed at knifepoint this morning, had her purse taken. Poor love's been in tears all day, its really shaken her up.

I understand people can get desperate, but what kind of man holds a knife to an innocent woman whose on her own

coward!

Sorry to hear about your wife, good to know she only lost her valuables and hopes she gets over the shock of it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by triple5 View Post
    My missus was robbed at knifepoint this morning, had her purse taken. Poor love's been in tears all day, its really shaken her up.

I understand people can get desperate, but what kind of man holds a knife to an innocent woman whose on her own

coward!
    sorry to hear that triple5

but the same type of person who pulled a knife on my misses aunt who had our 3yr old daughter with her
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Sorry triple, must be a dreadful shock. Easy to lose confidence, when something like that happens.
    Hope she's ok.

This forum has been around about 9 years, and in that time only women in the Phil have been robbed, while none in the UK..... so for those who say crime is just as bad in the UK

At least she got away uninjured.
    Keith - Administrator

sorry to read the news , but a purse can be replaced

... no wonder you're , Paul! Another member's [Northerner's] girlfriend, Rizza had a similar - though less disturbing - experience last year, I remember, when her mobile phone was thrust out of her hand. There was some vague mention of the culprit on THAT occasion too, carrying a knife. Makes one wonder what sort of mentalities drive people to commit such acts when (clearly) there's so little to gain. I hope she soon manages to come to terms with the terrible fright she obviously got!

that's one really sad fact here in philippines. Before my hubby left philippines, he bought me a Swiss knife and a cellphone model that high voltage of electric shock!
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Sorry to hear about what happened to your missus. Hope she could get over her shock and just be more careful.

I had some few experiences with that kind of 'modus operandi' and I was just lucky that there's always some people who helped me. I was pointed a knife when I had a jeepney ride in Manila, he sat next to me and ask me to give him my valuables but I refused and quickly moved on the other side and cried for help with the jeepney driver. Luckily I've got everyone's attention at the jeepney and he just went away. I felt the shock sinking on me when I got home and burst into tears

I rarely walk alone nowadays and I don't carry a handbag if not really necessary. Just bring enough money you'll need or just use a card.
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Banned
    Thanks for the good wishes She seems a lot chirpier today. There's been a real spate of these type of robberies recently, one of her friends had her necklace snatched 2 days before. Maybe it has something to do with Duterte's boys being less active over the past year

Trusted Member
    Sorry to read your news. I was very cautious on my recent visit to Philippines and luckily was not robbed, sunburned, bitten (by insects at least), or food poisoned. Polite requests for money, in one case to pay her month's rent, from strangers had to be politely refused!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    This forum has been around about 9 years, and in that time only women in the Phil have been robbed, while none in the UK..... so for those who say crime is just as bad in the UK

At least she got away uninjured.
    It definitely seems to be different types of crimes are more common in each country. I've still yet to see a fight here, and I go out to popular bars and clubs often enough. Heard a glass smash the other night and my first reaction was to think it had kicked off, but everybody was just laughing at the careless bartender. Definitely seems to be more cowardly type crimes here, pulling a kinife on a woman or picking a fight with a dude in a bar, seems most guys here would go for the easier option

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson.alan46 View Post
    sunburned, bitten (by insects at least), or food poisoned!
    You didn't stay long enough Alan I've had all three all at once

Thread Information