Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do we need for a spouse visa

what do we need for a spouse visa

hello all, some of you probly already know me, im tony`s wife, want to know what documents ect i need for the visa , i want to make a check list,
    later today tony will go to my bro`s house to get the old flight ticket as we know they will be needed, tony was here for 6 weeks, will this be enough for the visa or will he need to visit me more, and as for the wedding pictures will these need to be printed off or will they be ok on a momory stick, same for messenger chats? will they need to be printed off? or is momery slick ok, will be alot of paper because we chat everyday,
    hopefuly tony will have a job soon and have regular income, my bro live there in uk, will this help with the visa,
    at the moment tony is liveing with his mom, his mom rents the house off the housing assosiation but tony hopes to be renting his own place by next summer if all goes to plan, he will ask his mom when the time is right if we both can stay there but his mom is very strict and might say no,
    thankyou in advance all.

welcome liz yes we all know tony and his trip to see you and then marry you , wow a lucky man, well to answer some of your questions you need it all on paper , you dont need every phone call or message just some from the beginning and middle and end , the house well i am not sure about that but others on here will give you advice

ive save all his message from the start

thats nice we all save our messagers emma has lots me too

Quote Originally Posted by \\\ElizaTony/// View Post
    hello all, some of you probly already know me, im tony`s wife, want to know what documents ect i need for the visa , i want to make a check list,
    later today tony will go to my bro`s house to get the old flight ticket as we know they will be needed, tony was here for 6 weeks, will this be enough for the visa or will he need to visit me more, and as for the wedding pictures will these need to be printed off or will they be ok on a momory stick, same for messenger chats? will they need to be printed off? or is momery slick ok, will be alot of paper because we chat everyday,
    hopefuly tony will have a job soon and have regular income, my bro live there in uk, will this help with the visa,
    at the moment tony is liveing with his mom, his mom rents the house off the housing assosiation but tony hopes to be renting his own place by next summer if all goes to plan, he will ask his mom when the time is right if we both can stay there but his mom is very strict and might say no,
    thankyou in advance all.
    Hi Eliza! Congratulations to you both! You have to print all your pictures and put it in album. Your chat and Yahoo mail needs to be print too. Plus you need to photocopy each of it.. I rememberred when I filed my application, I gave the British Embassy 101 email letters, 50 handwritten letters & our wedding pictures. You need to satisfy the ECO that your marriage relationship is genuine. Goodluck!

how about phone messages

Heartiest Congratulations on your , Eliza ... and a warm to the forum. We're very much looking forward to viewing the photos taken during Tony's six weeks in the Phils ... in particular, the ones on the BIG DAY, itself!

Quote Originally Posted by \\\ElizaTony/// View Post
    how about phone messages
    Yes ... if each of you can keep a record of them, then so much the better!

hello eliza! congrats on your wedding
    Marlyn & Kenny forever

Welcome to the forum Liz

Just keep on reading, there's much info in here and will be a great help for your future spouse visa application.
    Congratulations as well on your wedding
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

Banned
    Your Marriage Certificate to be authenticated, Your birth certh, CFO, Barangay and NBI clearance would be helpful, your mom letter.

If MOm-in-law is strict, try it first. Don't be scared as if tony has good heart, his parents might be the same. Just be polite with them, don't be shy to them especially in telling your ideas and opinions.

Where am I?
    Keith - Administrator

ok thank you po to all of you

Warm welcome to a friendly forum and congrats to your wedding

Just keep reading and update here I know you can get more info of what you want to know too ... good luck for a new life

thank youu so much and have a good day

your welcome wifey, every one is nice on this site, we would be lost without them, xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Where am I?
    cyber space
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Post what documents we need where we're going to apply spouse visa

hello! gud pm.can anyone here could help about the documents we need in spouse visa?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi!

I've been going thru the forum and unfortunately havn't found anyone with the situation I have so I'm hoping you guys can help me here.

I'm a dual citizen of the U.K and Philippines. I was happily living and working for the past 5 years in the Philippines, I got married ( which is now 2 years ago ) and have a daughter who is now 3 years old and has also both british and filipino citizenship. My wife is yet on Filipino citizen.

Now 4 months ago my wife and I decided to try and live in the U.K cause I would like to give my wife and daughter the chance to know what it's like to live in the U.K. So we can then fairly compare where we would like to spend our futures in. Here or in the Philippines.

So now I'm back here in the U.K and I left my family in the Philippines because I havn't got anything here yet. A job + accomadation. BUT

here's what I am hoping is OK. MY father has got a great big house but he is currently carrying the rentbook. He lives alone in a 2 story, 3 bedroom house byhimself. Which would be great if my family could stay here that would save us from getting our own at the meantime. Would I need to carry and pay the rent myself for how many months to say the accomadation is mine or is a letter from my father to the embassy enough to prove I can accomodate my family?

A job I definitely need and will get hopefully next week. But in my case with a child left in the Philippines, do I need large wages and a bankstatement for 6 months yet till my wife can get a spouse visa? I really hope not.. I was hoping less than that in my case.

I hope u guys here can help me know more, cause the british embassy website can't really explain things easily.

Thanks in advance for the people who can help. God bless!

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Lightbulb Need experts knwoledge.. :)

Hi!

I've been going thru the forum and unfortunately havn't found anyone with the situation I have so I'm hoping you guys can help me here.

I'm a dual citizen of the U.K and Philippines. I was happily living and working for the past 5 years in the Philippines, I got married ( which is now 2 years ago ) and have a daughter who is now 3 years old and has also both british and filipino citizenship. My wife is yet on Filipino citizen.

Now 4 months ago my wife and I decided to try and live in the U.K cause I would like to give my wife and daughter the chance to know what it's like to live in the U.K. So we can then fairly compare where we would like to spend our futures in. Here or in the Philippines.

So now I'm back here in the U.K and I left my family in the Philippines because I havn't got anything here yet. A job + accomadation. BUT

here's what I am hoping is OK. MY father has got a great big house but he is currently carrying the rentbook. He lives alone in a 2 story, 3 bedroom house byhimself. Which would be great if my family could stay here that would save us from getting our own at the meantime. Would I need to carry and pay the rent myself for how many months to say the accomadation is mine or is a letter from my father to the embassy enough to prove I can accomodate my family?

A job I definitely need and will get hopefully next week. But in my case with a child left in the Philippines, do I need large wages and a bankstatement for 6 months yet till my wife can get a spouse visa? I really hope not.. I was hoping less than that in my case.

I hope u guys here can help me know more, cause the british embassy website can't really explain things easily.

Thanks in advance for the people who can help. God bless!

you should be ok with a letter from your father stating he's sponsoring your accommodation

also i would have thought he would need to supply the following also-

Accommodation (renters) If the sponsor rents a flat or house, the tenancy agreement should be provided. If the applicant is not a signatory to the tenancy agreement, then an additional statement from the landlord (or estate agent) should be provided that attests to his agreement that the premises will be occupied by an additional person. If an existing tenancy agreement is to be used, it should have at least six months before expiry. If the tenancy agreement does not have at least six months before expiry, then an additional statement from the landlord showing intent to renew at the same terms should be provided.

Accommodation (sharing a house with others and co-sponsors offering accommodation) If the sponsor and the applicant intend to live in an accommodation with multiple occupants, the information shown for renters should be provided. Additionally, the applicant and sponsor should show that they will have exclusive access to a bedroom which is not used by anyone else. A bedroom is a room which is normally used as such and kitchens, bathrooms, and utility rooms do not qualify. A bedroom can be a family room or study which has been converted for exclusive access. Finally, a bedroom must be at least 50 square feet in dimension

# Rented accommodation If the accommodation is privately rented, the sponsor should submit a letter from the landlord that confirms both the size of the property and his agreement that an additional occupant may take up residence there. The sponsor should also include a copy of the tenancy agreement, and the tenancy agreement should have at least six months remaining until its expiry.

If the accommodation is owned by a local authority or council estate, a landlord's confirmation should also be obtained, but if this cannot be obtained a report from an independent surveyor which confirms the size and suitability of the premises can be submitted instead.

# Overcrowding The test for determining whether or not an accommodation is overcrowded is given in the IDI's (Chapter 8, S1 annex F, paragragh 6.3). It takes the form of a table which is reproduced below. To use the table, add up the number of occupants according to the following scheme: occupants under the age of one count as zero; occupants between one and ten years of age count as one-half; and occupants over the age of 10 count as a whole person.

Number of rooms - Permitted number of persons
    1 - 2
    2 - 3
    3 - 5
    4 - 7.5
    5 - 10

yes you will need a job, with bank statements and pay slips for the last 6 months, and hopefully a few £1,000s in the bank..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

yup sweety thanks here,,,, love you

Banned
    ya, i think it may be a little bit problematic with the housing arrangements.

I myself needed to supply a solicitors' document stating that I own my house.

For renters, they need a rent book/rental agreement.

If you may or may not have a guaranteed place to live, then, it may work against you - from what i know.

I really hope that everything works out for you

but i think that if possible, your husband should get an address of his own and a rental agreement, so that you have a certain address, and that the ECO's will be certain of it too!

Banned
    with regards REQUIREMENTS ... you don't need to make a checklist, there is one already prepared by the visa people

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/images/Sett..._by_spouse.pdf

That has everything you need.

there should be no problems with a parent sponsoring acommondation, as long as you provide the evidence asked for..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    there should be no problems with a parent sponsoring acommondation, as long as you provide the evidence asked for..
    ya but the mom is strict and may not allow it, i thought she said that! but in fairness, i didn't read every post, so that may have changed lolz

what they mean about red ribbon?is it in marriages cert?

yes and all important documents like diploma or everything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information