Quote Originally Posted by rani View Post
thanks for the immediate reply stevewool and joebloggs.. however, i would like to ask another question.. as ive said my son is turning 18 this coming december.... if i file my application in - let's say november, can he still join me to uk? or because the decision will surely come out on 2011, then he cant join me coz he's already 18... would u know the rules on this? many thanks!
Quote Originally Posted by Sim11UK View Post
The trouble is, once he turns 18, he will not legally be a dependent, he will be an adult.
your right sim, under the UK immigration system when you turn 18 your an adult, but under the Euro immigration system your still a dependent til your 21.

i'm sure its when you submit the app and not when they grant the visa.

i think you should do it all ASAP, i think in theory if you get a visa for you and your son, and he is classed as your dependent what ever happens to you visa wise, also happens to your son even thou he's over 18 if hes still dependent on you (doesn't live an independent lifestyle, lives with you, doesn't work, is not married)

as he would be over 18 thou, you would have to pay 2 lots of fees for each visa,

i wish you well you might need it