Thread: help please... :-(

help please... :-(

Does anybody here in the forum that was granted a fiancee visa with a child dependant? Am really confuse now on what route shall we take, spouse or fiancee..:-( our first consideration is my 2 kids, second is the cost...please We really need sone enlightenment on this issue.... We both don't want to leave my kids here in the Philippines....

yes, i remember someone has in the past..
    i cant remember if i've ask you b4
    i take it you have custody of them, but what about sole responsibility ? is their father named on their birth cert ? how old are they ?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

thanks Sir Joe. I have the sole custody of my kids, I am widowed. my eldest is 7 and the youngest is 5. I have a certificate also from the social welfare office for the sole responsibility. I was able to take then to UK last April and May for a visit which was sponsored by my fiance.

so you shouldn't have a problem which ever you do

but its probably eaiser and cheaper to marry in the phis and apply for a settlement visa for you all from there.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Thanks Sir Joe

advantages of getting wed in the phils cheaper wedding, apply for a settlement visa for all 3 of you, that will cost (what near £600 each ) 3 airtickets, nearly the same again

ads again are that you could work nearly straight away, and you wouldn't need to apply for FLR cost with 2 dependents about £600 i think.

ads of a fiancée visa, i suppose his family would be there, can't think of another

I wonder if its possible to apply for a fiance visa so that we can all travel together (my fiance, me and kids) but get married here in the philippines before we go back to UK.

why would you want to do that ???
    you can travel together which ever visa you apply for !

whats worrying you ??

my fiance wanted us to go back to UK with him... and at the same time want to marry me here...am really confused...

i'm confused to
    marry in the phils.
    then apply for a settlement visa for you and your kids..
    when you get the visa,
    find out the price and one way fights from the phils to the uk for you and the kids.
    b4 you book them, check that your hubby can buy a return ticket and leave on the same day as your oneway tickets..
    or better see if he can book a return flight for him and 3 oneway tickets for you and the kids from the uk

thanks again Sir Joe, Im sorry for making you confused too... until now, we can't come up with a right decision. Thanks for your advise sir Joe...

thanks again Sir Joe, Im sorry for making you confused too... until now, we can't come up with a right decision. Thanks for your advise sir Joe...

so you was worrying about all of you travelling together and not leaving your kids behind..

you just need to read the air ticket threads on how people have managed to book tickets when they've travelled with their partner to the uk.

i think i go my misses to reserve 2 one way air tickets to the UK from a local travel agents in the phils for a few days. she told me the date and flight, and i managed to book a flight with the same airline, i'd travel 2wks b4 her departure date (so i would have 2 wks hols in the phils ) and i managed to book the return flight on the same departure flight as the misses, i phoned the airline and made sure we had 3 seats together

but its probably better if your hubby could book from the uk a return flight for him and 3 one ways for you and the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    I have the sole custody of my kids, I am widowed. my eldest is 7 and the youngest is 5. I have a certificate also from the social welfare office for the sole responsibility. I was able to take then to UK last April and May for a visit which was sponsored by my fiance.
    I guess u will have no problems taking your kids with you back to uk as they have been here before...i agree with joe why not apply for a spouse visa,easier and less expensive
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

His next visit is scheduled sometime in October or November. He wants us (me and my kids) to travel with him back to UK, and he wants to be married here. How could that be possible? How long is the spouse visa to be processed and approved? Is it possible if we will go for Fiancee Visa, but will get married here at the same time?

Just get married here and just apply for a spouse visa, it may take some time to prepare but it would be worth it. It also saves time and money
    Though you do not write books, you are the writer of your life. Because everything depends on YOU.

I am considering than option Liane, but my fiancé wants us to travel with him back to UK this coming visit, and at the same time wants to get married here. Hopefully suggestions from this thread will help us decide. Thanks Liane...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aryM View Post
    I am considering than option Liane, but my fiancé wants us to travel with him back to UK this coming visit, and at the same time wants to get married here. Hopefully suggestions from this thread will help us decide. Thanks Liane...
    I see what you want to do, get your visa in advance, so after you get married you can all travel to the UK together. May cause you a problem as when you renew your visa in the UK they may question why you have a Philippines marriage certificate. Just wondering what would happen if you got married again in the UK (would only need to be a quick civil service)?

You are really best to do it the right way - how long is he planning to stay in the Philippines when he next visits? This will determine if you have any chance of getting married and than applying for and being granted a spouse visa.

he'll be staying for 3 weeks... i told him that might not be possible for 3 weeks. How long will it take for a spouse visa to be processed?

it could take anything from a week to a couple of months

you shouldn't wed and apply for a fiancee visa, you will probably will be refused the visa, and if you do get it, you could be refused entry to the uk for having the wrong visa, even if you get to the uk you'll have problems becuase you entered you the uk on the wrong visa

I understand now Sir Joe, thank you for the clarifications and thanks to all who contributed advises. We have now finally decided to take the spousal visa route, it may take months before we will be together but it would be less hassle, and will us time to save for the flights and visa application costs. Thanks a lot everyone!

Thread Information