Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pete's Final Countdown Page

Some of the roads I've been on there are like being off road here.

We keep coming back here because ........

I wish I f...ing knew why!

I won't be coming back the next time I go, unless there's a death in the family. :(
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Administrator
    I'm waiting for a death in the family to get some money to go :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

I never thought of that. Now, where's my gun? :ph34r:
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Administrator
    I've forgotten when his wedding day is :o
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Isn't it the 9th?
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Administrator
    I know he changed it, but to what I do not know.

I need to arrange the stripping Emelda Marcos for him :lol:
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hi Everyone

Its Pete and Gina here in Bacolod City Philippines, Hi Keith and Ping,and also Paul and Jasmin thanks for checking in on us, well so far so good, we have been doing the rounds, firstly, we have all much achieved its been a week now, yes Keith, I do hear you, we are involved in some rather nice horizontal refreshment, and I dont need to tell you how that is. !!!

As for arrangements, the wedding is on the April 10th, Keith if anyone wants to send a well wishing message, its at the Business Inn, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, hall B, Lacson Street, at 10.30am.

We have now completed our appointements with the principal sponsors, we have today been at the Florists, engaging a florist and reception dresser, they will come down on the morning and lay out the room, then the hotel, will complete the seating, tables and decorations, so its an early start for all concerned, then there is also the Judge, who has received his fee ??? 5000, he will also express the paperwork to Manila for us at the NSO, at the moment we are just going around, making some finishing touches, then its off to Boracay next week for Some R and R, before coming back on Thursday to make final preparations, we will probably honeymoon the 3rd week in Malaysia, there is a 5/6 package to Kuala Lumpur, or one to Beijing, Schenzen, there is also the prospect of Singapore, what do you think Keith, should we go there and try that ???? I will await your advices, is there plenty to do and see for 3/4 days.

Paul, thanks for your support, Im hoping to meet up with you in London when I get back, bring some photos to show you and how is Jasmin, where in the Phils is she ? and if you need help with your UK Divorce, you are talking to the right man ?? always happy to help you, go on Paul go for it, get divorced and marry that Filipina babe as quick as you can.

See you all after the weekend,

Pete

Administrator
    Hi Pete, thanks for clearing up our lack of memory! Terrible the way the mind fades when you reach 39 :lol:

I haven't been to Malaysia yet, but I'd highly recommend Singapore. You could spend 3 days trying the Worlds food in different restaurants every hour if you wished.

Day one, just relax, go around Orchard Road checking out the amazing shopping plaza's, not missing out Lucky Plaza the homeland of Filipino shops, and full of the people themselves on a Sunday. http://www.marimari.com/content/singapore/...oad/orchad.html

Day two, visit Sentosa via the cable car, relax on the beach, and visit Underwater World, Dolphin World, and many other places on this exotic island. You also have great views of Singapore. Don't forget the memory for the digi cam. If you have time take a boat trip from the Jetty under the cable car on the mainland. Then back to Orchard road for a good evening meal and another stroll around the plaza's you missed. Also visit Sim Lim Square for all electronic goods, this is my Heaven http://www.sentosa.com.sg/

Day three. A must is the Zoo and the Bird Park, both will fill the day up, with plenty of walking, and you'll certainly be ready for bed
    http://www.birdpark.com.sg/Main/
    http://www.zoo.com.sg/
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hi Pete & Gina,

Jasmin is well and very happy now that I'm getting things sorted properly before I get there. Jas has 2 sisters, both younger than herself. The eldest of the 2 has a 4 year old child, but has ditched the husband. She is going for annulment, as she has a wealthy American b/f now. She has a very good job and earns good money, but she thinks it gives her the right to lord it over the others. She treats them both like maids. The youngest sister has just married and she and her husband both live in the house. They both work for banks.

Because of the way the elder sis treats her, Jas has just moved out of the house they shared. She has had enough of her sister being in control all of the time. I’ll tell you more about it when we meet Pete.

Jas lives in Metro Manila. She has just moved from Bago-Bantay, Quezon City, where she lived with her 2 sisters, to Panghulo, Malabon City. She has an apartment in a secure block. One of her 3 brothers lives in the apartment next door with his wife. Now that she has moved out, she is more relaxed, so what with me getting things sorted and her being more relaxed away from her sis’ things are good all-round for her.

I’m looking forward to our meeting and seeing your wedding pics. The divorce advice will be helpful too. When you get back I’ll email my number to you and you can give me a call when you are in Westminster. We’ll sort out where to meet.

I must also congatulate you on your command of Tagalog. You have picked the language up very quickly. I wish I could do the same. I think I'll have to find someone to give me lessons.

Keith’s 3 day suggestion in Singapore sounds good. I may treat Jas and myself to that one when I get there.

Best wishes to Gina and yourself.

Paul & Jas.
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Administrator
    I always use this site for hotels, it's proved to be the cheapest overall http://www.asiarooms.com/

Recommended Singapore hotels are York, Scotts, Crown Prince, and Orchard. The food in the York is excellent. All these are slap bang in the main artery of Singapore.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hi Keith and Paul,

Its Sunday today, pretty quiet in town, not much to do, Gina has gone to her Mothers, to see her for a couple of hours, I am in the Gaisano City Mall, Bacolod, just browsing, and looking at your suggestions for Singapore, i think thats the place for us, Keith, lots to do in a small place, great place for our honeymoon break, we will be heading up to Boracay on the 11th for a 3 to 4 day break in the warm waters, some swimming, and the usual horizontal aerobics, probably a boat trip here and there, then we will book a package to Singapore.

Its a shame cos I am going home to UK via Singapore, but this will be my first trip there to see the City, that will be great, we dont have much to do today, we have 2 appointments next week, the the Florist, and the Master of Cermonies, I think I will do a big peice on Filipino weddings on my web site, because its like you said Keith One big headache, I guess it will all be ok on the day, the paperwork side suprisingly enough is not as bad as I was expecting.

As for your situation Paul, will be happy to talk to you about your UK Divorce, and hope that you can get back in Country soon, again, how is the weather back in London ? here it is very hot, and stufffy, I have been in the room during the hours of 11.00am to 3pm, as its been so hot, and venturing out of the hotel room around the late afternoon, no point in getting mega hot when there is no need.

Well hope to hear from you all soon, have a nice weekend,

Pete and Gina

Administrator
    I just booked 15 nights in The York for our stay in May.

If your looking for stlye, you can get a balcony suite in The York, or a Superior room in the Orchard.

If your flushed The Hilton is nearby at around £125 a night!
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hi All,

Not much happening today, just relaxing, went out for dinner last night with freinds, usual filipino gathering, lots of food on the table, thats one thing, they do make sure they eat.

Still a few days off from the wedding, Gina is back at work at the moment, its better that way, as she can achieve much more by close to the phones at the office, and arrange things for us, I have had a lie in this morning, this is when I do Miss UK, cant think why ? but I do miss my car, hate taking taxis all the time, and then when you do rent a van, there is not many places to go as Negros is a fairly unpopulated island with only 2 major cities, and the other one is 250 KM away, hehehehehe and over a dangerous mountain path, then there is the problem of the rebels, in the mountains up there, so i am not happy with driving across the mountain in case they like the prospect of a kano to kidnap.

Oh well its off to Bobs for lunch

Bye Bye

Hi Gina & Pete,

So you're practicing the favourite Filipino pastime of browsing the malls. Great, I love that too. Nice cool air and lots of pretty girls in short skirts to keep the interest level high.

When I'm "in country" next it will be perminantly. I will only be coming back for short visits. So, I will get more time to travel around and see the more beautiful parts of the Phil's outside of Metro Manila. Maybe next time Gina and yourself are back in country we can all meet up for a chin-wag over dinner.

It seems that arranging a wedding in country is harder work than doing it here, but much better value for money. One of my daughters had a civil wedding here last year. We had a reception and a good knees up in a local hotel, but the cost was over £7,000. I did try to talk her into getting married abroad, but she didn't think that many people would attend.

I'm looking forward to having a natter and seeing your wedding pic's. I'm gonna pick up the divorce papers this week, so that I can get going as soon as I can with it. I'm thinking that unreasonable behaviour might be good. Things like squeezing the wrong end of the toothpast tube etc. come to mind. :lol:

Well, I hope you enjoyed your lunch. You've probably had snacks and preparing for dinner by now. :lol:

Take care, both of you.

Best wishes.
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Hi Guys,

Yes arranging a Filipino wedding is extremely time consuming, especially when you cant get done what you want, we are pretty tired today of running from A to B, trying to obtain things, we had to get the official programme done, then the Master Programme for the Mcee then things have not been ready, and people dont seem to have much of a sense of urgency, then we had problems this morning with my passport, and the travel operator, for our honeymoon, they said the prices were not for British or American only for Filipino's so they tried to charge me a premium, as they said the package prices are only for them, and that they are for only locals, hmmmmm what can one say about that, in the end we have arranged something somewhere else, however its now Singapore for a week, so Keith, I would be greatful if we could have a itinerary of places that we can go, we have 6 nights 7 days, so help us out Keith.

Getting things done has not been easy, although the cost of the wedding has been great, money goes so much further over here, We are eating lunch for about UK2.00 isnt that nice, I had a nice lunch in the hotel today, Mango shake, coffee, water, Mushroom Soup, fries, and Hungarian Sasuage with mustard and sauerkraut for around UK2.00 cant be bad, we are collecting Gina's dress today and my Barong, also the swag (decorative ribbons) for the hall, and the decorators are coming down this afternoon to look, the Mcee is going to sing a few numbers at the wedding, I got him for P1500.00 although I will pay him P2000.00 as he is so good, the giveaways are ready, I have a giveaway for you Kieth and Ping, to send for you on my return, (please need your address for that) also one for you Paul ( I will bring to London for you ) I have had special momento giveaways made for close friends and associates, to bring back to Uk, Gina had her make up test yesterday, and then you have the ritual of the food tasting, oh boy, it just goes on and on, Filipino weddings sure are stressful, but at the end its nice, you do get a sense of the importance over here, well look foward to hearing from you all.

Best wishes

Pete and Gina

Administrator
    I've written a little something on Singapore for you Pete
    http://www.win2winracing.com/inv_filipino/...p?showtopic=283

I wish you and Gina all the best for your future. We only live once, so enjoy
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hi Gina and Pete,

I hope everything went as planned for the wedding and the honeymoon.

Pete, let me know when you are back in Blighty and I'll send you my contact number so we can make arrangements to meet up.

Take care.
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Hi Guys I am in Singapore Changhi Airport Keiths favourite stomping ground as we speak, just finished my honeymoon Gina is somewhere browsing the shops, well Keith, after 6 days, found out what Singapore is like, I have done the Sentosa tour, been on cable car, been to Clark Quay, done the Suntec City Malls, Lucky Plaza, Centrepoint, Orchard road shopping, the only thing is, boy its hot during the day, but did find a nice place to eat, called Thai Tuk Tuk Kitchen, meals were around SD 5.00 per dish, which were nice, I also did a trip to Indonesia, and also, to Johor Bahru, just hanging around for my flight back to Manila, at 13.05 today, its now 11.25am Singapore, one night in Manila, and its the 8.25am back to Singapore in the morning for my 12.40pm flight to Heathrow, arriving at 19.30pm local, boy its back to work !!!! Keith thanks for the text message to my Smart number, that was nice, I appreciated it and Gina sends her regards.
    Best wishes everyone,

Hope Paul and jasmin are well.

See you back in UK tomorrow, will arrange a get together.

Pete

Ok well here I am, back in blighty once again, the flight from Manila to Singapore was superb, aboard there Boeing 777-200 more legroom, better t.v. screens, they are showing the Aviator, The Fokkers, Natiional Treasure at present, however the security checks at NAIA were incredible, around 6 in all, and the sheer crowds at NAIA spoilt the check in at SIA, however all in all, a good flight, the flight from Singapore was not as good on their Boeing 747-400 however I did have 2 seats to myself in Economy, the legroom is not as good, and sadly I had to sit behind a crying baby for 12.5 hours, never mind I am back, living alone again, but not for long, hopefully Gina should be with me in next 4-6 weeks if all goes according to plan, the visa interview date has been moved for 4 weeks to allow us time to obtain our NSO Papers.

Hope to see you all soon.

Pete

Administrator
    Welcome back Mrs Pete :P

Told you to make sure you booked a 777, much nicer as you have seen, I always travel out from Manchester on a Wednesday as this ensures you are on one. I think they have two a week now though, used to only be one. Never had any leg room problem on them, and much cleaner. Just a pity I'm not allowed on the flight deck anymore, I used to enjoy switching the engines off :o :blink:

You'd better get the toothbrush out and scrub the house, these Filipino's will find dirt that even a microscope won't pick up.

Our niece who came over the other month has totally rebuilt her husband-to-be's house :lol: They are coming here for the weekend, that'll be nice, never met him, and not seen the niece since we were in Davao in Sept 2004. Just hope she likes my sausage & black pudding butties

No texting me for tips every 5 minutes eh Pete Here's one...SNOOKER CUE.....that has a tip
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Hi Pete,

Welcome back. It's good to hear that everything went well, and that Gina will be over here quite soon. I hope the interview goes well for her. There shouldn't be any problems, 'cos you are pretty clued up on the system and will have made sure that everything is on order.

Anyway, it's good to see you back. I'll send my contact number to your email address.

See ya soon.

Paul & Jas.
    Take care All,

Jas & Paul.

Hi Guys,

Thanks Keith, yes Im back in town, just had my first day back at work, although didnt do too much, hmmm things are so mahal in Uk di ba !! pero we get used to it once again, Thanks for the numbers Paul I will be in touch, maybe we can meet up one day, when i have the photos sorted, should be doing that this weekend, and making a small personal album, also the wedding album we paid for is being done in the Philippines at this moment, Gina will bring that with her, when she finally arrives in blightly.

I think I picked up a bug in Indonesia, those toilets in Batam Island are worse than in the Phils, but is back to normality now, not much happening on the forum lately I see, I know Ive been busy with the wedding, but I should be back to normal now, i wont be going back to the Philippines until christmas 2005, I need to get my head down and earn some dosh, to put back what I have spent last year and this year, well see you all soon.

Keith I need your address for the giveaway, will send up in a small box, nothing special just a wedding token, Ping knows what they are.

Pete

Administrator
    Ping knows what they are.
    I hope they're not used one's :o :lol:

First my mobile, now my address, people will be talking, I only live in a small village

Got a present 4u as well (AAAGGHH txt talk!!&#33

My wife's niece and her fiancee are visiting from Kent this Saturday, so looking forward to that...hope he's not a weirdo, otherwise that'll be two of us :P
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information