Thread: I should of kept my mouth shut!

Respected Member

I should of kept my mouth shut!

I realised last week that today would be mine and Yam's 6 month anniversary since we got married, so thought it would be a nice idea to cook a meal with a starter, main and dessert, etc. Nothing fancy, but something a bit more than the normal bland stuff I cook!

Anyway, I made the mistake of telling her what we'd be doing. Her initial reaction was obviously an excited one, but with a hint of puzzlement as to the fact it wasn't really a proper celebration time, ie not our annual anniversary.

That was where the conversation was left for half an hour. Long enough for her to think about it! Then it started!

After the initial puzzlement of why celebrate with a meal, it suddenly became "will I get flowers?", "will we have candles?", etc, etc!!

If I'd only have kept my shout shut until today when I served up the meal, she'd have been so much more impressed with me!

Ah well, I know better for next time. If she's lucky enough!

Happy 6 month anniversary honey. Love you a lot!

well dave we men are all the same our mouths engaged before our brains, plus we are all sloppy getts too romantic and loving , just dont think it all through not like women who knows everything,congrats anyway , i was thinking of doing this every month, but you have just put me off cheers mate , ps was there candles and flowers

Respected Member
    As long as I know I've saved one life with my mistake, then it makes it all worth it!

The meal will be tonight. There won't be any flowers as I want to make sure our "proper" first anniversary won't have had much competition so far! Candle-wise, well there's one of those smelly ones over the fireplace! Might light it if she's lucky to really set the mood!

wow, another great tip there dave , dont go to big the first time , forget the candles too just put a lower watt bulb in the light ,once we men get together we have great tips were money is concerned

Respected Member
    Hadn't thought about the bulb idea fella! Nice one! And lucky for me we have a dimmer switch so I don't even have to change the bulb! Sweet!

Thanks for the tip!

My wifey doesn't celebrate my birthday .... it's as though she begrudges me getting to the next one
    Keith - Administrator

Banned
    Happy anniversary Dave and wifey!
    Let's see her reaction on your 1 year anniversary as we give more importance and excitement if we reach years.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Still it's a sweet and romantic thing to do! Let us hear from you again when your first anniversary comes...

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pennybarry View Post
    Happy anniversary Dave and wifey!
    Let's see her reaction on your 1 year anniversary as we give more importance and excitement if we reach years.
    Cheers mate!

Nothing wrong with what your doing or Yam is asking shes just excited and im sure very happy

Have a good anniversary and many more to come
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    hehe, I totally understand your feelings lol, at the same time it's almost like a mirror image of Mrs Hubbard and I!

Thread Information