I've not had the best of weeks, my g/f has been a bit quiet and evasive for the last couple of weeks, and I have learned that it usually means she is planning something.

On Monday she told me that she hated her job in the factory, it was long hours, 14hrs a day 6 days a week for 3500 Php a month, and she had decided to go to Singapore. The agent had already fixed it up and her passport had already gone off to get sorted. The agent was booking her a flight for the 2nd week of July, and she might stay for up to 2 years, if we can't get her Visa sorted.

Knowing full well that I had already booked flights for the end of August, internal flights and hotels..etc, plus the same again for Jan 2011, I was a little annoyed to say the least. Her reason for going is that she really needs to earn more money to help support her family and she has been bored and miserable since she returned from Singapore last year. The only reason she has tried to stay in the Philippines was for me, but she is now under so much pressure from home that she has to go. I understand all of that, but would have preferred her to ask me first and for to have arranged to go after I left on my next trip.

I've had every emotion during the week, and I'm still uncertain of what to do. Cancelling the long haul flight is an option, but I will lose £155, booking a flight to Singapore for late Aug is very expensive now. At least Agoda only charged me 15 USD to cancel my hotel.

I could still go on the flight to Manila, and then get a flight to Singapore. A return is about £130. However, I don't really want to go to Singapore for 2 weeks. It is extremely expensive, accomodation is extortionate and it's made worse by the fact there are only just over 2 SGD to 1GBP now. And she will be working so I wont really get to see her anyway.