Hello all

I would be hugely grateful for any advice or feedback. I’m trying to keep this as brief as possible! While working in Hong Kong last year I met a Filipina girl who was working as nanny and housekeeper for her relations who were residents there. Then somewhat unexpectedly her boss and brother in law who is British decided to up sticks and take a job offer in London. Weeks later he sent for his family and my girlfriend. She (my gf) was allowed a 6 month visa no quibbles as a helper, having worked for him in a similar role for some four years in Hong Kong.
Since she arrived she’s spent a lot of time with me. She loves being here and I’m able to support her. Her family is more than happy for me to “take her off their hands,” although that’s a somewhat harsh and inaccurate way to describe it! In fact I’d like to marry her, especially if it helps her get a better position in the UK.
Now to my questions. With her visa running out late September, is it likely immigration will let her have an extension? Will she have to go back and then come back in again? That is to say will she have to apply for an new visa from either the Philippines or Hong Kong? Would it be easier if I applied for a spouse visa? Not sure how they work, but is this a more tangible route than a domestic’s visa and like before must she leave the UK before we apply?

Thanks in advance.

Anakin.