Thread: The Police reform!!

Banned

The Police reform!!

My all time favourite band are back. Yay!

Good to see Sting, Stewart and Andy have reformed for a world tour, May - August in America/Canada, then UK and Europe September & October and rest of the world November. I'm off to find a ticket.

"Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" is my all time favourite song ever, ever, its a joyous, uplifting and positive song, and nothing else comes close.

hmm not a big police fan

but your fav song is good, for uplighting songs I like the style council, well paul weller's really, 'solid bond in your heart', 'my ever changing moods' and 'head start for happiness'..

why not sir weller? , if elton john can be a sir and other minor pop stars get recoginsed, why hasn't weller after 25yrs of staying power !

I loved 'Puff the Magic Dragon'
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    hmm not a big police fan

but your fav song is good, for uplighting songs I like the style council, well paul weller's really, 'solid bond in your heart', 'my ever changing moods' and 'head start for happiness'..

why not sir weller? , if elton john can be a sir and other minor pop stars get recoginsed, why hasn't weller after 25yrs of staying power !
    I don't think Weller ever produced anything memorable! Perhaps he needs to pen a few theme tunes for Disney films before he qualifies for a knighthood.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavanddal View Post
    I don't think Weller ever produced anything memorable! Perhaps he needs to pen a few theme tunes for Disney films before he qualifies for a knighthood.

your joking, how many artist's do you know, who not only hit the big time once with The Jam, twice with The Style Council, but 3 times on his own ? and is still going after nearly 30 years..

As the leader of the Jam, Paul Weller fronted the most popular British band of the punk era, influencing legions of English rockers that ranged from his mod-revival contemporaries to the Smiths in the '80s and Oasis in the '90s. During the final days of the Jam, he developed a fascination with Motown and soul, which led him to form the sophisti-pop group the Style Council in 1983. previously been worshipped as a demi-god. As a solo artist, Weller returned to soul music as an inspiration, cutting it with the progressive, hippie tendencies of Traffic. Weller's solo records were more organic and rootsier than the Style Council, which helped him regain his popularity within Britain. By the mid-'90s, he had released three successful albums which were both critically-acclaimed and massively popular in England, where contemporary bands like Ocean Colour Scene were citing him as an influence. Just as importantly, many observers, while occasionally criticizing the trad-rock nature of his music, acknowledged that Weller was one of the few rock veterans that had managed to stay vital within the second decade of his career.

hmm in your opinon who has written something memorable????

I remember him in the early 80's and he still here today. was you even born then ?

Banned
    I'll agree Paul Weller is da man. Though I think he lost the plot a bit in The Style Council at times. The Jam's "Thats Entertainment" is in my all time Top 5.

While we're at it, what about The Specials? Remember them, Terry Hall, brilliant vocals - what's he up to now? The Specials had it all - style, attitude and great songs - Gangsters - what a top tune.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I loved 'Puff the Magic Dragon'
    You can always rely on Keith to bring some humour. NOT

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    I'll agree Paul Weller is da man. Though I think he lost the plot a bit in The Style Council at times. The Jam's "Thats Entertainment" is in my all time Top 5.

While we're at it, what about The Specials? Remember them, Terry Hall, brilliant vocals - what's he up to now? The Specials had it all - style, attitude and great songs - Gangsters - what a top tune.
    yes terry hall, he had a big hit with the colour field, i think in mid 80's ? was a good song called 'thinking of you' sung by terry and Katrina Phillips

yes who could forget the jam singing 'that's entertainment' live on top of the pops just him and bruce playing guitar.

only a few groups make my list, weller, the beautiful south, deacon blue, the clash, the smiths, james.

Banned
    Oh NO! NOT the stupid SPICE GIRLS...they are also doing this reuniting lark:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

I tell you what I want what I really really want

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    I tell you what I want what I really really want
    welsh spice?

mabuhay!!!

Yes guys, the singers you have mentioned are all great but for me, my husband is the best singer! He doesn't have his own songs but he has captured my heart.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans... - John Lennon

Iron Maiden Rule
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Louella View Post
    Yes guys, the singers you have mentioned are all great but for me, my husband is the best singer! He doesn't have his own songs but he has captured my heart.
    is he a good singer because he 'has to sing for his supper'
    i just have to give my wife all my wages

Thread Information