Thread: Care Workers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

Care Workers

Does anyone here understand what this is all about?
    http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=list&lid=90049
    My friend is a care worker (not a senior care worker) and has been here in UK about 3 years +. I am note sure what period her current visa covers but I am worried about this. Has this been discussed on the forums?

reads frightening . is it the minium wage thing , so now they are saying they cannot afford to pay them now

if they are told they are being made redundant, i think they have 28 days to find another employer but they will have to find the same type of work.
    not easy with the current job market..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Respected Member
    Despite the date at the top of the article, I am starting to think this is an old story? Towards the end of the item it mentions "Immigration Minister Liam Byrne".
    I hope that is the case. We know that our new government have plans to train up the UK jobless to fill Care Worker vacancies (I wish them luck with that one - they will need it) but, in my view, that is gonna make the hard working carers already here from the Phillipines (and other parts of the world) much more sought after!

Quote Originally Posted by John.C View Post
    Despite the date at the top of the article, I am starting to think this is an old story? Towards the end of the item it mentions "Immigration Minister Liam Byrne".
    I hope that is the case. We know that our new government have plans to train up the UK jobless to fill Care Worker vacancies (I wish them luck with that one - they will need it) but, in my view, that is gonna make the hard working carers already here from the Phillipines (and other parts of the world) much more sought after!
    Yes I was thinking yesterday when i read it late last night I seem to remember the new policy coming in but couldn't see anything to indicate exactly when the changes reported came in.
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John.C View Post
    I think you are right - I've heard a bit about this policy and I think it goes back the best part of two years. Byrne is the jerk who as some sort of treasury minister left a scribbled note to the incoming conservative "There's no money left"

Thread Information