Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men With Filipina Wives! Languages!!!

Quote Originally Posted by James Hubbard View Post
    Ya, hmm, it's interesting, ...

if you post in Bisaya ... hmmm

not many people here will "kasabot"

alayon day ... Kabalo ka mosulti ug english?

Everyone here speaks english, very few speak Bisaya. Could you please translate for us what you mean?

Thanks

JH
    I bet she cant translate in english what she posted here James

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    indi ka magsiling sina kay mura kag buang nga tanga hehehehe..perte ka nga babaye oi..nagsaleg ka cegro kung huna huna moh mandato ka kay nakakaban ka sang enlgish lol..perete sa imo ka hambog nga babaye oi...hay ambot kung ogma may ara ka nga future..kung makahambal ka genselng nga ika ay sama sang hamlgdun nga baho pa sa lupa..kasabot ka ..! hehehehe sunod mag hunan huna ka kung kinsa imo genakalaban ha..aywa pag cge post kung wla kay idea sin -o ko,.,...gaga !
    translation of what Ross just posted on here

don't say like that coz your like a stupid idiot,ur thinking that u married an english guy u are already rich! your a very boastful girl! i dunno if u have a future , u r more stinky than a soil???(and back to u Ross)dont post if u dont have any idea who i am here...gaga is tagalog meaning im looking like lady gaga ross?
    hmmm,wonder why i translate it a little bit correct Ross?? because i am not stupid

and Ross,....mind your language its not the first time you did this in your co-forum members...hope all you have written comes back to you....Bless You!!!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Banned
    Ah ok...

I don't really understand illonggo ... (even though i lived on the border of Negros Oriental/Occidental) ...

I just understand the Cebuano bisaya! lol

but ...

most people here don't understand any bisaya.

I won't comment on the content of the messages. It's none of my business.

Newbie (Restricted Access) meca's Avatar
    my partner is so adorable and very funny every time he tried to speak to me not in english i cant stop laughing. Because he used to have a relationship with a lady in visaya, so my partner some how learned some visayan words and when we first met he started talking to me in visayan dialect thinking ill me amazed but acutally i got confuse....coz i have no idea what he is talking about, i grew up in luzon and tagalog is my main language there... so for him talking to me in visayan dialect make me freeze at one moment and then burst out laughing...he is so cute...hahaha but now he is trying his best to learn how to speak tagalog and sometime he mixed up the tagalog words with visayan word... i still cant help my self laughing when he did that and he never take my laughing seriously he just laugh with me.... i also thought him how to say PO, told him its a means of respect... so he used his mixed visayan dialect with tagalog with PO... and as usual i end up burst out laughing...

Newbie (Restricted Access) meca's Avatar
    my partner is so adorable and very funny every time he tried to speak to me not in english i cant stop laughing. Because he used to have a relationship with a lady in visaya, so my partner some how learned some visayan words and when we first met he started talking to me in visayan dialect thinking ill me amazed but acutally i got confuse....coz i have no idea what he is talking about, i grew up in luzon and tagalog is my main language there... so for him talking to me in visayan dialect make me freeze at one moment and then burst out laughing...he is so cute...hahaha but now he is trying his best to learn how to speak tagalog and some times mixed up the tagalog words with visayan word... i still cant help my self laughing when he did that and he never take my laughing seriously he just laugh with me.... i also thought him how to say PO, told him its a means of respect... so he used his mixed visayan dialect with tagalog with po... and still i cant help my self bust out laughing... atleast he tried

Banned
    My wife who is Bisaya, when in Manila still sometimes uses Bisaya, coz she forgets lolz ...

sometimes i need to tell her that she needs to speak tagalog to be understood in manila hahah

it's easy to forget!

When i am trying to speak tagalog, i often get mixed up, so i'll say something like

"Gikapoy ko ...oops ... i mean pagod na pagod" lolz

James "Magbinisaya 'ta" Hubbard!

Malaki ang titi ko ... lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Malaki ang titi ko ... lol

hahaha, I am sure it is kenny. I'm sure it is!

galing mo, pero bastos!

pero utok mo.....

Fred, I am exactly the same!

Although, do u find it hard to maintain your ostensible ignorance of the language?

I found when living in the Phils that when pretending to be "clueless" I got very clued in

but then people cottoned on, and it wasn't so easy!

what do u think?

No..They never cotton on when I do it..Although must admit.. I dread meeting one that has worked in Rome!!

Banned
    hahaha!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    I bet she cant translate in english what she posted here James

translation of what Ross just posted on here

don't say like that coz your like a stupid idiot,ur thinking that u married an english guy u are already rich! your a very boastful girl! i dunno if u have a future , u r more stinky than a soil???(and back to u Ross)dont post if u dont have any idea who i am here...gaga is tagalog meaning im looking like lady gaga ross?
    hmmm,wonder why i translate it a little bit correct Ross?? because i am not stupid

and Ross,....mind your language its not the first time you did this in your co-forum members...hope all you have written comes back to you....Bless You!!!
    Is she pickled? Need lots of winks? Lost the plot? The content is thick as two short planks!
    I wish no more hoo-ha in the future!
    keep your hair on girls!

[QUOTE=James Hubbard;236621][B]is Illonggo not a Visayan language and therefore Bisaya??

Ilonggo and Cebuano are Bisayan dialects because Iloilo and Cebu belong in the Visayas region.
    I am a Cebuana but i also understand Ilonggo.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Josieyam65;237322]
    [B]is Illonggo not a Visayan language and therefore Bisaya??

Ilonggo and Cebuano are Bisayan dialects because Iloilo and Cebu belong in the Visayas region.
    I am a Cebuana but i also understand Ilonggo.
    Tinuod!

(means "true" or "exactly")

Ako katoon gamay gamay Bisaya kada adlaw ug ako kasabot sulti sayon sa Bisaya. Learning Visayan is my hobby

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaw2008 View Post
    Ako katoon gamay gamay Bisaya kada adlaw ug ako kasabot sulti sayon sa Bisaya. Learning Visayan is my hobby
    Kinahanglan revise ko, para trip sa October!

The town where I lived for 1 year (and where i will be meeting with the family and stuff) -- a very tiny educated class there can speak english, otherwise, it's all Bisaya, all the time A man's gotta fit in - especially when I'm a foot taller than everyone else there

A man's gotta fit in - especially when I'm a foot taller than everyone else there.
    Crickey.. Only a foot?...That`d make you what?? 5ft 2"??

it would be great if I know how to speak and understand bisaya (my papa is from romblon) but I grew up here in makati so I dont know how to speak bisaya

Quote Originally Posted by jam07 View Post
    it would be great if I know how to speak and understand bisaya (my papa is from romblon) but I grew up here in makati so I dont know how to speak bisaya
    Well as us English folk can't tell the difference you should just say you know all the Philippine languages as we wouldn't have a clue
    Keith - Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Well as us English folk can't tell the difference you should just say you know all the Philippine languages as we wouldn't have a clue

Banned
    I do my best with learning some Visayan words.

I speak Spanish fairly well and that helped me a great deal as Bisayan has many words that are similar, much more similar than Tagalog for example.

My wife kept on using the word "Boang" to me and laughing at the same time. She said it was just one of her words she liked.

When I met an Fil-Brit couple the other week, his wife said that same word to him and he told me it meant "crazy".

Always good to mix with other Fil-Brit couples, you may find out words that your wife would rather you didn't.

My lovely wife needs to use another (secret) one now

Banned
    Hehehe

Mike, I think my time living in the Philippines ... then observing people back here - effectively puts me off fil-brit folk

Anyway, the majority of the Fils I know here are tagalog anyway - so yet another dialect I am having to learn so I can fit in hahaha!

Kabalo ko mosulti murag gamay lang ug bisaya, pero, enough to get around na lang! lolz!

The place where I lived ... the only people who could speak English properly were the doctors, dentists and lawyers ... and I didn't want to "frequent" those particular professionals! lol!

So learning bisaya was a must for me!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Crickey.. Only a foot?...That`d make you what?? 5ft 2"??

Respected Member
    Ako magsalita tagalog kaunti lang. Before i met my fiancee i already had some pinoy friends, so i was learning a little Tagalog, now im trying to learn Bisaya so that when i stay at moms i can surprise my new family! but it hard learning online :(

[QUOTE=James Hubbard;235691][B]Who here can speak some of their wifes' dialect?

Whether it be Bisaya/Tagalog/Illongo/Chavicano ... or any of the other many many dialects that there are to choose from

What I want to know is ...

-how much of that dialect do you know?
    -have you ever had an interesting/funny moment with it?

i remember my husband bought a tagalog-english dictionary so that he have some ideas what the people are talking about.. the thing is im from pampanga ( central luzon) our dialect here is KAPAMPANGAN and wen wer looking for dictionary but theres no one like that.. but hes still reading it! here in pampanga esp in angeles they speak TAGALOG with their customers so my husband roughly understand a little.. but he's been here few times already so he know and he can speak a little KAPAMPANGAN... like wat other friends here said he learned BAYAD PO, PO- OPU in kapampanga.. PARA PO, BAYAD PO, MAGKANO PO?, SALAMAT, MEKENI means come here, ALI means no, ALA means nothing.. and he also like me teaching him kapampangan/tagalog bad words,. funny esp wen he say it and the accent.. then evrytime he makes mistakes on his sentences i correct them.. thats y im proud to my husband, he makes effort to speak my dialect and speak with my family and with our neighbors....

Im also intending to imerse myself more in Cebuano on my next visit Ive got a lot of vocabulary but the sentence structure and those pesky ang ..ug...sa markers are the biggest drawer back as where these are placed tells you what the focus of the sentence is

The other tricky bit is that the words are often shortened so even learning the correct grammer (if you can find anyone who knows what that is) is only the first step

Personaly i prefer the inductive method for learning language much like we did as children (lucky that as there are scarce written resourses and what there is is often contradictory) so Im hoping to spend more time hard wiring whilst gazing whistfully at my two toys lol

My mobile internet is not liking the forum at all im typing into a box one letter wide and the first post of every thread appears the same ah well in a little over 6 weeks i shall be back and conversly here more
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

My wife's 1st language is Illongo (she also speaks Cebuano & Tagalog), but she says it makes sense for me to learn Tagalog. I have a genuine desire to learn it, but it's so difficult! I know some words and phrases, but that's about it. I've bought several books over the years, but personally I learn best in a "classroom environment", rather than by myself from books. I wish it was taught at the local evening classes.

got some language courses tagalog/english in the torrent sites. they do work but you must be up to date with how to use torrents first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information