Thread: Please help two hearts become one :love2:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Please help two hearts become one :love2:

Hello everyone

I am from Plymouth and my girlfriend is currently teaching in Thailand.I will travel to the Philipines in a few months and ask her to marry me. If she accepts my proposal I will return early next year and we shall have a Catholic wedding...

Now, we are seeking for any advices from this forum as the visa procedures seem very confusing. We would greatly appreciate any advice as regards any steps we should start taking on an immediate basis.Such as collecting evidence of the authenticity of our intentions.And the most expeditious manner in which to wed and then live together in the UK. As well as any advice on the preparatory steps necessary to undertake a Catholic wedding ceremony in the Phillipines....

Thank you in advance..

Banned
    well 2 good people to talk about regarding spouse visas are

--MEEE!!! (my wife just got her visa today)
    --LeahNew (she just got her visa today also)

regarding the catholic wedding ceremony, there are many who can help you here, no names spring instantly to mind, but they'll make themselves known I myself married in Phils, but we had a protestant wedding. Don't know if that's different or not in terms of the technicalities of the process......

Initial Advice:
    --Keep records obsessively of your relationship. Pics, Phone logs, Chat logs etc... too much is better than not enough

--Any unanswered questions you have regarding any bit of the process, follow this foolproof 2 step plan (in some cases 1 step)

( 1 ) Search for the info you need above - this place is a wealth of info and it's probably been answered before.

If it hasn't then ...

( 2 ) Start a new thread here and people who know their stuff inside out will help you.

Hope this helped

Welcome aboard matey!

James - "Helper" - Hubbard!

Wowwwww.Congratulations JH and Leahnew...Yes, all the chat and phone logs are automatically save in my computer and phone.Told Dave to save to his too in case something bad happen to my computer How long did you process the visa JH? I am in Thailand so I am considering another option to process there in the PI or here in TH...But I dunno how the processes here in TH so m ight do it in the PI since this forum gave me too much info..

Banned
    Wish you luck Lady_Ivy!

You will need to get a copy of list of requirements to marry a foreigner if you are going to marry in a catholic church. She can get it from her local church/chapel's office. Just only step one.

CHURCH REQUIREMENTS FOR MARRIAGE WITH FOREIGNERS

1. Clearance: Foreigners who wish to apply for marriage with a Filipino citizen must first secure clearance from the Archdiocesan Chancery Office at the Arzobispado de Manila, 121 Arzobispo St., Intramuros, Manila (near Manila Cathedral). This clearance must be submitted to the Parish Office upon filing of application for the wedding.

2. Baptismal Certificate: This must the original and obtained not more than three months from the wedding date. It must have the annotation: "FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSE ONLY." This is a requirement for BOTH bride and groom whether they are Catholic or not.

3. Certification of freedom to marry: This can be obtained from the Catholic Pastor, Protestant Minister or the Embassy of the foreigner.

4. Marriage license: this can be obtained from the civil authorities; or a Marriage Contract if already married with the civil registry number.

5. Permission and certification of singularity: This can be obtained from the parish of the bride if she is Catholic.

6. Military clearance: This has to be secured from the base military authorities specifically from the immediate Commanding Offices ONLY if any of the parties belong to the military.

7. For Non-Catholic: A certification of his/her legal capacity to marry. Has to be obtained from his/her embassy or from the country of origin.

8. Marriage banns: These have to be posted for three consecutive Sundays.

9. Dispensation: A dispensation from the impediment of mixed marriage/religion (Disparitas Cultas) has to be obtained if necessary.

10. Widow and Widower: The death certificate of the former spouse has to be presented to the office.

11. Divorced parties: A document of the Declaration of Nullity promulgated by the Catholic Memorial Tribunal or a certification from the Bishop of the party that he/she is free to marry has to be presented to the Archdiocesan Chancery Office for authentication and clearance.

I got that from http://www.pinoyhenyo.com/What_are_t...182641728.html. Are these info correct or anything more to add? Regarding number 4 requirement Marriage license: this can be obtained from the civil authorities; or a Marriage Contract if already married with the civil registry number, can I get it alone or it must be the two of us? And if I can, how? Do I just need to go to the civil registrar's office and tell them I wanna get a marriage license or do they need some requirements too..Hayyy, seems very confusing but this forum has been a great help for both of us..Thanks Penny Barry

Thanks pennybarry.Do you have any link to suggest as I am not in the Phils right now, please?

Banned
    If she will be given a list from her local church's office, it should be mentioned in the list.

She can get application for Marriage License alone from Civil Registrar of her local municipality but authorities will not sign it. Some municipalities doesn't give application unless all requirements are completed.

There's some differences from church wedding to civil one.
    It's more comfy if civil.

Its Ivy Penny berry..Dave is in the UK and I am here in Thailand..I guess I just have to ask a friend or my family back home to ask for the list..Salamat for the help

Banned
    Walang anuman!
    It's PennyBarry not berry lols.
    Yes, your family member can do it for you. (List of Requirement)
    They can also apply for an NSO copy of your BC and your copy of Baptismal Cert from your local church where you baptized/christened.

Keep on posting so we can guide you.

Hhahha.Opsss..Erratum!!! Dave and I are both confuse all about these..But everyting has answers so for sure we can do it too..Usually, how long would the spouse visa be granted?

the chancery will also require a confirmation certificate from the both of you.

you will also have to wait 11 working days i believe before the civil registry releases your marriage license provided that you have submitted all the documents required.

Thread Information