Thread: supporting letters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member

supporting letters

hi can anyone help on this, my wife will apply for a spouse visa in november,i know i have to write a supporting letter, but doz my wife have to write a letter also thats relivant to her application and if so what would she need to write. any advice would help. thanks..

hi there its the letter from you that is important,

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewool View Post
    hi there its the letter from you that is important,
    thanks stevewool, has my wife also got to write a letter or dose it not matter eitherway

No junior there is no need for your wife to write a letter its you the sponsor who needs to write the supporting letter

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie c View Post
    No junior there is no need for your wife to write a letter its you the sponsor who needs to write the supporting letter
    thanks for that steve, that will be 1 less document that she will have to submit..

Respected Member
    also would anybody know here if the eco takes into account that the money i send to my wife fortnightly would be extra money that i will have once she is here, as im not earning loads and most of what i earn is paying bills here and in philippines for the wife and are 2 children. but i have £3000 savings and between £50 to£100 left each week..( and also would they take into account that my children woud be entitled to family allowance as they have brit birth certs and brit passports) if i write that in my supporting letter..any advice?

im getting married in the phils this sept then as soon as my mahal receives our marriage cert back from NSO we will be applying for a spouse visa also i think that could be around nov time

Respected Member
    im getting married in the phils this sept then as soon as my mahal receives our marriage cert back from NSO we will be applying for a spouse visa also i think that could be around nov time
    thats good steve and wish you both best of luck on your wedding day. lets hope its good news for both of us in november, lets keep are fingers crossed

thaks junior im with you on that one fingers crossed

you just have to be honest in what they ask and what you put , saving are good and having that spare each week too, just make sure you have not been overdrawn , your accounts will show where the money is going each week or month , the forms that you will need to fill in will ask for all the imformation the supporting letter you can add to that as much as you want too

Respected Member
    you just have to be honest in what they ask and what you put , saving are good and having that spare each week too, just make sure you have not been overdrawn , your accounts will show where the money is going each week or month , the forms that you will need to fill in will ask for all the imformation the supporting letter you can add to that as much as you want too
    thanks steve, only prob is i draw cash at atm and send via western union so wont show on my account where money is going to , but i keep all reciepts from western to show that im supporting, hope that will be ok..

Quote Originally Posted by junior02 View Post
    thanks steve, only prob is i draw cash at atm and send via western union so wont show on my account where money is going to , but i keep all receipts from western to show that im supporting, hope that will be ok..
    thats exactly what i do as long as your wife keeps all the Western union receipts that will be fine

Respected Member
    thats exactly what i do as long as your wife keeps all the Western union receipts that will be fine
    im not sure if my wife keeps all her receipts(im calling her 2moro so will ask) but i keep all mine so i hope that will be ok and i will send them 2 her..

thats right just what steve says , its hard to think of everything but in time it will all come together, with steve and steve guiding you

Respected Member
    thats right just what steve says , its hard to think of everything but in time it will all come together, with steve and steve guiding you
    it is hard thinking of everything as i no how strict the visa people are as wife was refused visa last year, thanks steve and stevec for your help

yes junior that should be fine but you must get your wife t keep everything don't throw nothing its always better to have too much than too little

you cant remember all and you wont have every receipt too its just having a pattern

what reason did they refused it for

Respected Member
    what reason did they refused it for
    at the time i was living in phils and wife applied for family visit visa, they refused as they did not think my wife woud return to phils and was generaly seeking entry for a period not exceeding 6 months, at the time i had a small business in uk but it went bust due to recession early this year, so came back 2 uk to work for a company and now applying for a spouse visa to live here together, since been told that a family visit visa is the hardest to get even though we have a home in phils and had good bank statements at the time and got a home here that i was sub letting.. hopefully spouse visa will be a differint outcome..

seems a spouse visa and the fiancee visa is the way to go for lots ,

Thread Information