Thread: Amended Passport but not Visa!

Amended Passport but not Visa!

My wife got her Spouse Visa in March which is in her maiden name to match her Passport details she has been living here in the UK since then and has just gone back to the Philippines to visit her family and I will be going out in two weeks time and we will travel back together end of August. Since she has been back in the Philippines she has renewed her passport to show her now new married name so just wondering if this would cause any problems at Immigration when we enter the UK?
    Also her return airline tickets are in her maiden name also, would this cause a problem?
    Thank you all in advance.

Regarding the immigration, as long as she takes both passports with her, she should be OK.

With reference to the airline ticket, contact the airline to get them to amend the ticket. When my wife came back earlier this year, I phoned KLM and they made a note on the computer so that when she checked in the booking was in the new passport name.

Quote Originally Posted by aidaaida View Post
    My wife got her Spouse Visa in March which is in her maiden name to match her Passport details she has been living here in the UK since then and has just gone back to the Philippines to visit her family and I will be going out in two weeks time and we will travel back together end of August. Since she has been back in the Philippines she has renewed her passport to show her now new married name so just wondering if this would cause any problems at Immigration when we enter the UK?
    Also her return airline tickets are in her maiden name also, would this cause a problem?
    I shouldn't think there are likely to be any problems. Presumably your wife's old passport was returned to her when she received the new one ... in which case, she should carry BOTH with her, to be on the safe side. Likewise, her circumstances ought to be clear to immigration officials when they examine her tickets on your return journey together.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    contact the airline to get them to amend the ticket. When my wife came back earlier this year, I phoned KLM and they made a note on the computer so that when she checked in the booking was in the new passport name.
    Mmmm ... ... mightn't be a bad idea ... even if just for the sake of making doubly-sure!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aidaaida View Post
    airlines are strict on names, the rule is the name on the ticket must match the name in the passport..

Thanks for the advice. I have been in contact with Emirates and they say we should take a copy of our marriage certificate when checking in for our flight at Manila. I have also sent an email to UKBA but as of yet have not got a reply.

Thread Information