Hi all,

I have known some people here and I am really glad that I have met friends through this forum who have been sincere and kind.

In the next few days, if there is given enough time, me and my fiance are getting married. It has been always planned though I have only known him for 6 months. I know he loves me because he has been back and forth here in the Phils. 4 times. He even stayed here for 5 days when he got off from work just to be with me, and I really appreciate that. He is a good man and we get along really well. I truly love him.

We are planning on getting married this Monday or Tuesday. No big celebration, not even a reception. I am still even thinking if who will get to be the witness for the marriage ceremony at the city hall. I need two witnesses according to the law of getting married here in Phils. I've talked to the judge who will facilitate the marriage already. Nothing special at all. The plan is just me, him and two witnesses (which I need to look for as most of my friends will be working).

The thing is that I am accustomed to the life of just being myself. I am a single mother and been working and supporting myself and kids alone. Embarking to marriage life and having a family in the very near future will surely affect the situation of my own children from past relationship. I do not want my fiance (soon to be husband) to part take anything with my children as I don't want the whole thing to be an issue that will cause in the future. I know he cares for me, but my children from my previous relationship is something that we never discussed. He is aware of my children and wants "us" to have when we are settled (he plans to move here in Phils.)

I am now confused whether I should openly talk about it to him. Having a role as a wife is not an easy task. It is a matter of sacrificing and choosing priorities. Looking ahead, I do not want any of my children to be put in a circumstance where in they will be compromised. I have worked hard and never thought that I would be in this situation as I never had any plans on getting married at all. I was genuinely happy living as a single mum.

Hope anyone here can enlighten my mind, specially from filipina wives who have done so much for their "now" family.

Thanks.