Thread: job center

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

job center

how to obtain a national insurance number any help and advice will be greatly appreciated

thank you

phone up your local job centre plus and they should give you an appointment, you need to take your passport, evidence you've been looking for a job etc..

http://www.ukjobsguide.co.uk/Job-Centre/
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    phone up your local job centre plus and they should give you an appointment, you need to take your passport, evidence you've been looking for a job etc..

thank you for reply..should it be possible if i go tommorow Monday to get appoinment instead by phone ? i need national insurance number as me and husband are claiming child tax credits / working tax credit but the council cannot process yet as i aint got no national insurance number so they need me to sorted it out

it depends on your area or county, my wife was given the number to phone and was sent a pack to fill in and a week later had her NI number by post.
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

Quote Originally Posted by bornatbirth View Post
    it depends on your area or county, my wife was given the number to phone and was sent a pack to fill in and a week later had her NI number by post.
    true, but i think she should phone up the tax creds people and check to see whether they have arranged an interview or a pack to be sent to her..
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Banned
    true, but i think she should phone up the tax creds people and check to see whether they have arranged an interview or a pack to be sent to her..
    the letter send to us my council says " we have sent your details to your local Jobscenter Plus office.they will contact you to arrnage an appoinment so u can discuss this within them .
    if you have not heard from your local job center plus within5 weeks of the date of this letter.please conatact your this office on the phone number at the top of this letter." what it does mean. the said letter was just receive yesterday ..and me and husband planning to go to jobcenter tomorrow monday is it ideal or just wait for them to call me

Banned
    i see..but in our case it was opposite we been waiting it but to our surprise a letter send to us saying that i should sort my national insurance number until then so they could sort the claiming

Quote Originally Posted by kalabasa View Post
    i see..but in our case it was opposite we been waiting it but to our surprise a letter send to us saying that i should sort my national insurance number until then so they could sort the claiming
    i think you would be wise to phone the tax creds people up and tell them about your letter, and ask them, have they arranged for you to get a national insurance number, if they have, tell them you've been waiting along time, if they haven't arranged it( i'm sure they have thou) tell them you'll phone the jobcentre plus and try and get one yourself.

if you've applied for tax creds and you don't have a national insurance number, did the tax creds people tell you they will organise it???, because they will contact job centre plus who will arrange an interview.

i think tax creds can be back dated for upto 3 months, and it should not take that long for you to start receiving it..

Banned
    if you've applied for tax creds and you don't have a national insurance number, did the tax creds people tell you they will organise it???, because they will contact job centre plus who will arrange an interview.

i think tax creds can be back dated for upto 3 months, and it should not take that long for you to start receiving it..
    i think they have said that that they will organize as what husband tell me so we been waiting that almost months now but to what our surprise a letter just came yesterdayinforming us they cant process our application in claiming.. unless i can sort out my national insurance number..and im confuse what should i do

somebody posted the same a while back, trying to claim tax credits and the tax credits guys arranged a interview for her to get a NI number.

phone your local job centre or go online and find the number to phone to get your NI number, it will be quicker than waiting
    i have learnt to do what my wife says!

somebody posted the same a while back, trying to claim tax credits and the tax credits guys arranged a interview for her to get a NI number.

phone your local job centre or go online and find the number to phone to get your NI number, it will be quicker than waiting
    yes i think that's how it works, they arrange it.

its me who posted it...when hubby applied for tax credit and child benefits they asking for my NI number which i dont have that time so they arranged an interview for me at the job center...but prior with the appointment we phoned the jobcenter telling them i need a NI number..they sent me the application and posted it back to them..after a week i got the number...

Banned
    when they give you interview what does the sort of question they ask.. just curious as i have not yet even try to find a job yet as we i am looking our kids..small kids to be honest and cant be leave alone just for me to look a job....few kids are already a job i think lol

that depends on why you want a national insurance number is it to claim tax creds or to work..
    they don't really ask you many questions they just want to see your passport etc.. make sure you are who you say your are

are you claiming child benefit for your kids ?

Banned
    that depends on why you want a national insurance number is it to claim tax creds or to work..
    they don't really ask you many questions they just want to see your passport etc.. make sure you are who you say your are

are you claiming child benefit for your kids ?
    no im not claiming it at all but my husband does which address to us both names..is that right? im on spouse visa as i know im not intitle to any public funds
    so if they interview me what would i say .in to why i m getting national insurance number? i couldn able to get any job as im looking of our kids.or is better to just tell them the purpose is in claiming working/child tax credit

yes your husband should be the only one to claim it. but you both need to make a joint app for tax creds, and its probably better he claims child benefit just to minimise any problems in the future.

i think they will know why your there, because it will be the tax creds people who contacted them, just tell the that you need it so your husband can claim tax creds etc..

but if you wanted you could work part time or full time, and the gov would pay upto 70% of your childcare costs

I'm claiming for Health in Pregnancy grant (child Benefit)and the HMRC people are the ones who made an interview appointment for me to get NI in Job center Plus, but the prob is the Job center branch is too far, so i called them and asked to re sched me to another branch near my place. That's it, just call the job center plus and tell them ur concerns and i guess they'll do the rest for you.

inspite that i got the number we still went to jobcenter on the said appointment date (which is in nottingham) and funny i wasn't on their list for interview....the man whom we talked to said normally when a person is on spouse visa they dont called them for interview anymore since they are centralize now and sometimes it is very inconvenient for some who lives far away from their center..they just required me to send them my passport details (xerox copy) and spouse visa stamp (xerox copy as well)...goodluck to you.

Thread Information