Thread: health

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    My wife has never been able to maintain silky hair here in UK. She spends a fortune on all different shampoo. She even washed her hair in distilled water. She claims nothing works. Thing is, whenever we visit Phils her hair gets just the way she likes it.
    The British weather is second on the list. She says British weather is the same as British people .....Unpredictable!!

Terpe
    hot water makes ur hair dry

Quote Originally Posted by gparry2007 View Post
    .... lack of moisture makes it dry!!!

Compared to the Phil the UK, although we here may not thing so, we have less humidity than the Phil, so some Filipina's with develop dry hair, dry skin, etc.... plenty of different shampoos, lotions around to help. I have the same problem when I got to Nevada, the air is so dry I start flakin, and within the week I've totally vanished......
    Keith - Administrator

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    i didn't know this! good thing i'm used to cold showers! hahaha thanks grace for the info!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    i didn't know this! good thing i'm used to cold showers! hahaha thanks grace for the info!
    Wow your brave, I couldn`t take to cold showers there despite the heat, I had to resort to filling buckets with cold water and topping up with a kettle full of hot water and then using the scoop.

same here rayna been used to cold showers but i cannot do that here in the UK as the water so cold

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete/London View Post
    Wow your brave, I couldn`t take to cold showers there despite the heat, I had to resort to filling buckets with cold water and topping up with a kettle full of hot water and then using the scoop.
    same here rayna been used to cold showers but i cannot do that here in the UK as the water so cold
    Even when we had vacations at Baguio, I used to have cold showers... yeah the water's too cold but I feel much better after!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Even when we had vacations at Baguio, I used to have cold showers... yeah the water's too cold but I feel much better after!
    i have to agree..cold shower is even better than hot shower for me...feel more fresh

When first arriving it may also be worth investigating if any vitmain or minernal supplments are needed. Plenty of Phills I know eat far more fish, loads more fruit and vegtables when in Phill.

But of course the foods they know are often far more expensive or un obtainable at least in the quanities they are used to.

So some of our more medically qualified Phill uk forum family members may want to comment but at least for a short term fix possibly multi vitamins and minerals plus may be fish oil (cod liver oil capusles )which seems to have a postive effect on hair skin and nails i belive

Pedicure seems to be the other big issue!!! Again Ladies when you fly over make sure your pedicure kit is in your suitcase so its not confiscated as a sharp item/s when going though customs
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

So some of our more medically qualified Phill uk forum family members may want to comment...
    OK Health problems such as mental and physical illness are recognised in immigrants from certain countries because they may be illegal, don't have access to facilities and can't speak English These will normally not apply to forum members, who usually have spouse or fiancee visas. They must expect their UK partners to look after them, including a balanced diet, in which case vitamin / mineral supplements should not be needed
    As far as I know, the UK Border Agency does not require an X Ray or certificate to show freedom from infectious lung tuberculosis in immigrants from the Philippines, but it could be useful if you already have them.
    It's still wise to register with a General Practitioner as soon as possible after arriving in the UK A routine check up should be reassuring, and it's best to be registered before any health problems arise.
    Dark skinned immigrants may suffer bone disease ( osteoporosis / rickets) due to lack of vitamin D. They may not get enough sunlight to produce enough of their own vitamin D. Vitamin D supplements may be needed, but only if they also don't have enough milk and fatty fish.
    Even with a caring partner, loneliness can bring health problems. Join this Forum

Thread Information