Thread: Applying for a Fiance or Spouse Visa - A quick guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote: you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds

Question? I live in a nice country cottage with my parents more than enough space for my future wife to have our own spacy room for privacy. The kitchen would be shared with my folks. According to guide lines 1 room = max 2 people apart from under 1 years old child. Can you clarify that my abode would be ok for us both? We also have 2 other rooms which are storage at the monent but will be made smart for when she lives with us.
    Mnay thanks John
    "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"
    "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" Lord Tenneson.

Quote Originally Posted by songz777 View Post
    Quote: you have suitable accommodation, which is owned or lived in only by you and your household, and where you and your dependants can live without any help from public funds

Question? I live in a nice country cottage with my parents more than enough space for my future wife to have our own spacy room for privacy. The kitchen would be shared with my folks. According to guide lines 1 room = max 2 people apart from under 1 years old child. Can you clarify that my abode would be ok for us both? We also have 2 other rooms which are storage at the monent but will be made smart for when she lives with us.
    Mnay thanks John
    John take a look here:-
    http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-A-Spouse-Visa

Scroll down to "- Evidence of your accommodation"

You should be fine according to existing rules (which are not planned for any changes)

Hi guys do u think it will be helpful to get immigration advisers to assist in the application documents? My husband had a meeting with a member of this reputable immigration company in the UK and he was charged of £125 for the consultation and if we choose to continue it's going to be £1500.

And since then I've tried harder to look for some info on how to apply and maybe rather than getting their service we can just save it instead. And this is how i came across to this site, i had confidence we can get this done without the advisers. however, i'm nervous. questions like, do we have enough docs when we apply? will these be enough to convince them? so the burden is on me because i convinced my husband not to get advisers anymore.

and here's the documents we plan to supply when we submit our application

2. evidence of your age and your partner's age
    o (BIRTH CERTIFICATE)
    3. your marriage or civil partnership certificate
    (MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE NSO copy and CIVIL REGISTRAR copy)
    4. evidence that you were both free to marry or enter your civil partnership, if either of you was previously married or in a civil partnership
    o (CNI/CENOMAR CERTIFICATE)
    5. evidence that you have met
    o (PHOTOS)
    6. evidence of your English language ability
    o (ENGLISH EXAM)
    7. evidence that you can can maintain yourselves and any dependants adequately without needing public funds
    o (BANK STATEMENT)
    o (LETTER FROM THE BANK)
    o (Certificate of Employment if possible salary is mentioned)
    8. evidence of your accomodation
    o (PICTURES)
    o (MORTGAGE TITLE)
    o (LETTER FROM LAND OWNER)

Thread Information