Thread: national insurance number

Banned

national insurance number

i am schedule an apointment to the job centre on monday for my national insurance number.. although they send me a letter of what to bring when the interview going but i would like to know from the latest people who just got there NI ..any advice before my interview . although form some i know they just post or being interviewed through phone .. and gottacha thye got there there NI without appearing to the job centre any one could share there experience

Quote Originally Posted by kalabasa View Post
    i am schedule an apointment to the job centre on monday for my national insurance number.. although they send me a letter of what to bring when the interview going but i would like to know from the latest people who just got there NI ..any advice before my interview . although form some i know they just post or being interviewed through phone .. and gottacha thye got there there NI without appearing to the job centre any one could share there experience
    No ... you NEED to attend the appointment the Jobcentre+ scheduled FOR you - taking along the documents your letter requested you to bring - MOST notably your Passport and Marriage Certificate. You'll be asked to fill up a form and then be told to expect notification of your National Insurance Number by post approximately a week later.

Hi Kalabasa ..Yeah, just had my interview last Aug 27....just bring all your proof of identity documents, specially your passport, marriage cert, identity card and proof of address. Don't worry about the interview coz it's just sooo easy, questions are all about you and your husband's info. By the way what's your reason of getting NI??Good luck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evo76 View Post
    Hi Kalabasa ..Yeah, just had my interview last Aug 27....just bring all your proof of identity documents, specially your passport, marriage cert, identity card and proof of address. Don't worry about the interview coz it's just sooo easy, questions are all about you and your husband's info. By the way what's your reason of getting NI??Good luck.
    thanks for the inf Evo the reason to why i need to get is that my husband is claiming tax credit and child tax credit and they wont be able to process the said application without my NI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    No ... you NEED to attend the appointment the Jobcentre+ scheduled FOR you - taking along the documents your letter requested you to bring - MOST notably your Passport and Marriage Certificate. You'll be asked to fill up a form and then be told to expect notification of your National Insurance Number by post approximately a week later.
    Thanks you very much for inf too as well..now im confident enough to go in job centre all by myself

Banned
    by the way what is that identity card? i got those proof of address passport.marriage cert..i only came here last may this year.i dont get hat idenity card though i got some IDENTIFICATION CARD but that from philippines like postal and sss cards explain pls what its all about identity card

If you came here through spouse visa..just show them your passport with visa..coz in my case, I came here as fiance then got married then applied for FLR...that's why I have my identity card as a proof of my right to stay here in UK. By the way my reason of getting NI is coz of Pregnancy health grant which takes ages , now I know that I need NI also once my husband claims his benefits.Do u have idea the procedure and how much??

Banned
    If you came here through spouse visa..just show them your passport with visa..coz in my case, I came here as fiance then got married then applied for FLR...that's why I have my identity card as a proof of my right to stay here in UK. By the way my reason of getting NI is coz of Pregnancy health grant which takes ages , now I know that I need NI also once my husband claims his benefits.Do u have idea the procedure and how much??
    what kind of benifits you referring for if tax credits u mean it depnds on his income really or u can find on homeoffice websites

Thread Information