Thread: Spouse Visa to ILR and Health in Pregnancy Grant (Public Fund)

Spouse Visa to ILR and Health in Pregnancy Grant (Public Fund)

Hello,

It's been a while since I visited this site but It's good to be back again.

Anyway, I'm about to submit my ILR visa application in 2 weeks time and there's one thing in the application form I need clarification on. I am 37 wks pregnant now and during my 25 weeks my midwife gave the Health in Pregnancy Grant form so I could claim the £190 benefit. I am on spouse visa and aware that I am under immigration control (have no recourse to public fund). Eventhough that's the case HM Revenue still granted me the £190 because I am married to a British national.

In section 7.6 of the SET (M) ILR application form the question'Are you or your partner receiving any public funds?' and one of them is the Health in Pregnancy Grant. That's the only benefit I have claimed in my almost 2 yrs stay here in UK and I'm a bit worried if this will cause a problem in my application since in my spouse visa it clearly stated that i have no recourse to public funds.

My question now is this - has anyone who used to be under spouse visa who claimed the Health in Pregnancy Grant and has ticked the YES and Health in Pregnancy Grant boxes of section 7.6 of SET (M) form granted the ILR visa without any problem???? Looking forward to your replies/advice.

Thanks,
    Mench
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

well if you read the other thread about HPG somebody finally got their grant, your right your not allowed to claim 'public funds' but if your married to a brit he can claim it, but in theory you should be able to claim it - but that might cause problems becuase some people who make the decisions dont know the rules.

also if i remember correctly HPG was not classed as a public fund until recently. so many people are confused who can or cant claim it (even people in the gov are not sure )

and if you look at the wording of the question, it asks are you 'receiving' not 'received'

whos bank account did the money go into yours or your husbands?
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    well if you read the other thread about HPG somebody finally got their grant, your right your not allowed to claim 'public funds' but if your married to a brit he can claim it, but in theory you should be able to claim it - but that might cause problems becuase some people who make the decisions dont know the rules.

also if i remember correctly HPG was not classed as a public fund until recently. so many people are confused who can or cant claim it (even people in the gov are not sure )

and if you look at the wording of the question, it asks are you 'receiving' not 'received'

whos bank account did the money go into yours or your husbands?

The money was credited to my bank account. So, should I tick the YES or NO box in the 7.6 question if the question if 'receiving' instead of 'received'? Now, I'm really confused.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    The money was credited to my bank account. So, should I tick the YES or NO box in the 7.6 question if the question if 'receiving' instead of 'received'? Now, I'm really confused.
    read this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....th-grant/page3so u have an idea how they do it successfully
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Quote Originally Posted by sars_notd_virus View Post
    read this http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....th-grant/page3so u have an idea how they do it successfully
    I've read it already but it doesn't say if after receiving the HPG grant they also got approved with their ILR visa application afterwards. What I basically just want to know is if there is anyone here who applied for ILR visa recently (from spouse visa with no recourse to public funds) and got approved with the fact she received the HPG prior to her visa application.
    Mench

There is a question on the health in pregnancy grant form which says 'Are you subject to immigration control'?

If you answered yes and they still gave you the grant then tick the box, because you should be able to claim it you are a family member of someone from a European Economic Area.(as someone has just been granted the grant in the other post)

If you answered no, then it is your mistake. You should call them and maybe pay it back if possible.

but you shouldn't lie , if you tell a lie, then you could wave your visa goodbye

I know some people didnt tick the box , because the receiving and received part of the question..

i think what ever you do or dont tick you should be fine
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    There is a question on the health in pregnancy grant form which says 'Are you subject to immigration control'?

If you answered yes and they still gave you the grant then tick the box, because you should be able to claim it you are a family member of someone from a European Economic Area.(as someone has just been granted the grant in the other post)

If you answered no, then it is your mistake. You should call them and maybe pay it back if possible.

but you shouldn't lie , if you tell a lie, then you could wave your visa goodbye

I know some people didnt tick the box , because the receiving and received part of the question..

i think what ever you do or dont tick you should be fine
    Yes, I did answer YES to the question 'Are you subject to immigration control?' in the Health in Pregnancy Grant form since I'm aware that in my spouse visa it clearly state that I should have no recourse to public funds. And then I received a second letter from HM Revenue and in that letter they told me that eventhough I'm subject to immigration control I might still receive the HPG grant. I just told them my nationality and that my husband is a British national. Then a week after I received the £190 in my bank account followed by another letter from HM Revenue saying that they decided to give me the grant based on the answers I provided to them. I was totally honest with them because I know that lying or giving false information will do me no good.

I think I will just tick the YES box in the SET(M) section 7.6 question since I received the HPG benefit. I want to provide an honest answer to every question so as not to jeopardize my ILR application. It wasn't like I did something wrong to get the grant as far as I know.

Thanks for your inputs...
    Mench

yes i would be honest, i doubt it will effect you getting your visa which ever box you ticked (not unless they bothered to check and they then found out you had ticked no, yet you did get the grant then refuse you for lying).

i wouldn't worry about it because ytou have a right to claim it

Hello Again,

I submitted my ILR application by post last week. Can anyone tell me the helpline number to phone if I want to verify if Home Office indeed receive my application?

Thanks!
    Mench

i'm sure they will send you a letter in a few days stating that they have recieved your application

You should be ok for that, I know a filipina who is here on a work visa who was able to claim it. What I have done with regard to our (my wife and I) application for child tax credits, child benefit etc was to claim it in my name just to avoid any future complication, although you they do always ask 'are you or your partner subject to immigration control' as previously mentioned, provided you give the information it should be ok.

That said, my wife was denied the maternity grant on the basis that she wasnt claiming any public funds which is apparantly a qualifier for the maternity grant, being subject to immigration control means you cant claim income support etc personally, so on that basis I would have thought it would be a catch 22 situation.

Just want to share the good news I got today. My ILR visa application has been approved. I got my passport with the ILR visa on it together with all the original supporting documents I submitted on 7 Oct 2010. I didn't expect to receive it this fast. When I phoned the helpline 2 weeks ago I was told that the average waiting time is 14 weeks. I am really happy at the moment.
    Mench

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    Just want to share the good news I got today. My ILR visa application has been approved. I got my passport with the ILR visa on it together with all the original supporting documents I submitted on 7 Oct 2010. I didn't expect to receive it this fast. When I phoned the helpline 2 weeks ago I was told that the average waiting time is 14 weeks. I am really happy at the moment.
    congratulations

Congratulations and well done menchkin.
    What a great recently but belated birthday present for you.

menchkin

Good news!!! Congratulations menchin !!
    ''Don't be serious..Be Sincere''

Thread Information