Quote Originally Posted by bher View Post
yes they say it has lots of cholesterol and that will make your blood pressure high if u eat lots.. i like balot but jst the yolk and soup like u te rani.. but i dont eat the baby duck iiiwww...
WHAT?? The chick's the best part!!! I love balut!! Been dang near addicted to that stuff since i was little. My grandma used to buy whole egg trays of them and stick 'em in the freezer. She'd defrost and boil them as needed.

Of course, I think the only reason I love balut is that I grew up eating it as a treat. If I were to be introduced to it for the very first time now, I'd probably retch after taking a gander at the contents. I tried to get my boyfriend to eat balut last Christmas when we were both in Manila. He looked at me like I had asked him to cut his own hand off! He did manage to eat a deep-fried chick though. It took him a few minutes to convince himself to swallow the one mouthful of it, but I was very proud of him! My whole family thought he was the bravest Brit ever! Oh, and his reasoning for not eating the egg but munching on the chick was that he hated eggs anyway, so balut would've been a double whammy for him.