Thread: Grrr!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    dontpushme,
    Please don't take this the wrong way.
    But I would have thought from the information you have given you may well be eligible
    (under current immigration rules) to apply for entry to UK under Tier 1 visa?
    If you can meet the requirements you do not need a job offer.
    Why not check it out (if you did not already)

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    dontpushme,
    But I would have thought from the information you have given you may well be eligible
    You know, it hadn't even occured to me to check if I qualified as a highly skilled worker. After reading your post, I did check. LOL. I don't have enough points. Even if I had a PhD, I still wouldn't have enough points, mainly because I can't get any points based on my previous earnings (I last worked in the Philippines and most salaries over there are merely chump change in the UK). From what I read, if I had a PhD, I should have earned at least £30,000 in the last 12 months before I went back to school. Since all I can offer is a Master's degree, I need to have earned at least £40,000.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    me stepson has a job now so i need a nanny

as for the rest of your skills you would get on well with my misses
    LOL! Are you sure it's a nanny you need?

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    The joys of a free market economy, its supply and demand you can get as many degrees in whatever you like but if theres no demand and they dont transfer into something that is requiered what use are they

Its no diferent in the Phils colledge grads are lucky to get 6 month contracts in a department store generaly
    The thing is, there are a lot of available jobs here in the US, it's just that I'm trying to get into the UK.

Groan... :( I wish I weren't so "gifted" (i hate that word). Even as a kid, all I wanted to be was either a soldier or a truck driver or a nanny. But everyone says it would be a shame to waste skills and talents (blah blah blah). Seriously, maybe I should stop letting people guilt me into aiming higher than what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post

LOL! Are you sure it's a nanny you need?

:
    are you any good at DIY ? need some work doing around the house

we really need a slave

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    are you any good at DIY ? need some work doing around the house

we really need a slave

Eh, I don't wanna be a slave. :P Some of my favourite classes in high school were drafting, woodworking and electronics though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    dontpushme,
    It looks like this Tier 1 Immigration Status has been abused by people in Lahore printing out Astro Physicist Phd's. This loophole should be closed immediately.

One third of 'brain surgeon' immigrants in unskilled jobs

Labour laws designed to bring highly-qualified foreign workers such as brain surgeons into the UK were used by immigrants to get jobs as shop assistants and security guards, the Coalition claimed last night.

Immigration Minister Damian Green unveiled research showing that nearly one in three immigrants in the Labour Government's 'tier one' category for top-level app*licants last year ended up doing ordinary unskilled jobs.

Tier one immigrants are categ*orised as doctors, scientists and entrepreneurs so skilled they could enter the UK without a job offer, said Mr Green

'These are meant to be absolutely the brightest and the best,' he said in a BBC interview.

But the anomalies had been revealed after a sample was analysed. 'We have discovered that of the visas we issued last year 29 per cent are doing unskilled jobs,' he said. '

They're shop assistants, security guards, supermarket cashiers – all absolutely essential jobs we need for our economy.

'But at a time when we have a couple of million unemployed people in this country and we have 300,000 unemployed graduates, it seems to me pretty perverse if we say we've got to keep bringing in unlimited people because we think they are very highly skilled.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz13LuwEurE

Thread Information